• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Refrigerated stone needs to sit how long?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
How long should a refrigerated (and filled) stone sit at room temperature before popping it into the oven? Thank you.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I let my Mini Baker sit out for about 30 minutes and it was fine.

I would think you would need more time for a larger stone (think Rectangular Baker) to let the contents warm up a bit.

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
DebbieJ said:
I let my Mini Baker sit out for about 30 minutes and it was fine.

I would think you would need more time for a larger stone (think Rectangular Baker) to let the contents warm up a bit.

Thanks Deb!

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
I thought we could put Stoneware directly from the fridge to the oven, but we had to thaw things frozen in them. I've done this before and have never had a problem.

Dec 7, 2005
Fridge to Oven-

I am new to pc and according to the product info it recomments frozen dish be put in fridge to thaw completely before baking. So I think if you just store something in the fridge and then it can be placed in the oven.

If you freeze something, take it out and put in the fridge the morning you are going to use it. That should work.

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
I put my refrigerated stones right into the oven all the time.. My husband works late, so I often prep dinner, cover it with saran and then when he calls to tell me he's coming home, I pop it into a preheated oven.. Works just fine. I have to give it a few more minutes to cook thought, because it takes that extra two or three minutes for the cold stone to reach the temp in the oven.

Sk8Mom209

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
pchefinski said:
I put my refrigerated stones right into the oven all the time.. My husband works late, so I often prep dinner, cover it with saran and then when he calls to tell me he's coming home, I pop it into a preheated oven.. .

I thought you were supposed to put the stones into a cold oven and let them heat up together to keep the stone from cracking?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
I guess you are all right ~ I've been scared since my bar pan cracked in the middle of cooking last month. They said there must've been a hairline crack from factory.