1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Refrigerated stone needs to sit how long?

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

How long should a refrigerated (and filled) stone sit at room temperature before popping it into the oven? Thank you.

Dec 29, 2005
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I let my Mini Baker sit out for about 30 minutes and it was fine.

I would think you would need more time for a larger stone (think Rectangular Baker) to let the contents warm up a bit.

Dec 30, 2005
  3. its_me_susan

Thanks Deb!

Dec 30, 2005
  4. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

I thought we could put Stoneware directly from the fridge to the oven, but we had to thaw things frozen in them. I've done this before and have never had a problem.

Dec 30, 2005
  5. Fridge to Oven-

I am new to pc and according to the product info it recomments frozen dish be put in fridge to thaw completely before baking. So I think if you just store something in the fridge and then it can be placed in the oven.

If you freeze something, take it out and put in the fridge the morning you are going to use it. That should work.

Dec 30, 2005
  6. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

I put my refrigerated stones right into the oven all the time.. My husband works late, so I often prep dinner, cover it with saran and then when he calls to tell me he's coming home, I pop it into a preheated oven.. Works just fine. I have to give it a few more minutes to cook thought, because it takes that extra two or three minutes for the cold stone to reach the temp in the oven.

Dec 31, 2005
  7. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

I thought you were supposed to put the stones into a cold oven and let them heat up together to keep the stone from cracking?

Dec 31, 2005
  8. its_me_susan

I guess you are all right ~ I've been scared since my bar pan cracked in the middle of cooking last month. They said there must've been a hairline crack from factory.

Jan 1, 2006
Have something to add?