1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Red Potato Question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

Does anyone know how to keep red potatoes looking red when you boil them w/the skin on. They always look so much 'prettier' that way. Any tips out there??

Jul 10, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Roast them, don't boil them. That's the only way I know to keep them looking red.

Jul 10, 2009
  3. byrd1956

Can roasted potatoes be used in potato salad? Boston Market has steamed red potatoes and they look pretty red.

Jul 10, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Oh - yes, you can steam them too. Do you have the PC steamer?

But yes, you can make potato salad with roasted/baked potatoes. Cut them into salad size pieces, toss with a little olive and S&P and roast them on your bar stone. Let them cool, and then proceed as usual for your salad!

Jul 10, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

mmm.... roasted have a deeper, earthier flavor, so they make goooood potato salad. Especially with some bacon thrown in. (Bacon makes everything taste better, though.)

Jul 10, 2009
  6. byrd1956

thank you!

Jul 10, 2009
  7. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Has anyone made red potatoes with the parmesan garlic dipping seasoning yet? I got some red potatoes on sale at the grocery store last night and was thinking of trying it... Is there a PC or similar recipe out there already?

I skimmed about 4 pages of threads with no luck yet...

Jul 25, 2009
  8. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I've tended to buy red potatoes the last few times I've gotten them, and they work well with the seasonings. I cut them into 1/2 to 3/4" cubes, toss them with a little oil (the garlic oil is faboo) and some of the parm garlic seasoning. Spread in a single layer on a Bar Pan or Sheet Pan, and roast in a 400˚ oven for about 30 minutes. We actually just had some last night with some steaks.

Jul 25, 2009
  9. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Sounds wonderful Ann - thanks!

Jul 25, 2009
Have something to add?