1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recruiting Flyer at College?

1. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

I'm wondering if it would be acceptable and worthwhile to post flyers at the local university campus, looking for recruits. I'm thinking even the tear-off kind that are always on college bulletin boards.
    The job market is really bad here, and many young people are having a difficult time finding a job.
    Is it allowed?
    Amy Dare

Jul 12, 2009
  2. pchefbonnie

pchefbonnie Novice Member

Most colleges have a job posting board (either online or an actual bulletin board - or both). You have to go through the college career office to post them.

To advertise or post things on campus bulletin boards, I know our local college requires permission. Flyers that are approved are then stamped with a date so they know when to take them down.

You might try purchasing an ad in the college newspaper. I don't think it would be very expensive.

Jul 12, 2009
  3. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

The local University here is actual hosting a job fair for part-time jobs for students, I called first to make sure that Pampered Chef would be able to attend and they said sure. This one is actually Free for the employers, however they do another one in the fall for full-time employment and the fee for employers is $700. So I will do the one this summer, but not the fall one.

Jul 12, 2009
  4. AmyDare

AmyDare Member

Thank you both! I'll check into the college newspaper and also see if there is a job fair. I'm sure they're having job fairs, because so many of the young people looking. It's been covered in the Sacramento Bee lately, how there are no "traditional" summer jobs for teens.

Jul 13, 2009
Have something to add?