• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious recipes for diabetics?

In summary, a consultant was asked for recipes suitable for diabetics and was referred to websites such as diabetic-recipes.com and dlife.com, as well as All Recipes. The consultant also mentioned that the company's cookware and cookbooks have nutritional information and some recipes that are suitable for diabetics. The "It's Good For You" cookbook and the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook were specifically mentioned as potential resources.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hello All,

Being the good consultant that I am (For today at least) I made OOB, and CCC. So I had one customer ask for recipes that Diabetics can really enjoy without all the carbs, etc. I couldn't think off the top of my head but told her I'd get back to her with a few. I know alot of the recipes can be changed a bit (my hubby is a type 1 but can eat anything)

So off the tops of your heads, HELP ME PLEASEEE!!!!! :cry: I want to get back to ASAP as its been a day already.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :chef:

I'd refer her to a site like this:
http://www.diabetic-recipes.com/or this:
http://www.dlife.com/dLife/diabetic-recipes.htmlor to All Recipes.com and you can search there for diabetic ones.Although we have great recipes, we don't "specialize" in specific diets for medical conditions. Tell her you'd be glad to help show her the TOOLS PC has to help make those things...the great cookware to cook them in, a grill basket to make healthy veggies, etc., etc.

What about some of the recipes in the "It's Good For You" cookbook? You could show here the diabetic exchanges listed at the bottom of each recipe so she could plan her meals accordingly. My mom is diabetic, and she has learned what to replace in her favorite meals in order to still enjoy them, but not risk her health. I would start with that cookbook!

Great thanks yall!

All of PC's cookbooks have the nutrition info. at the bottom. There are a lot of them that are w/in the guidelines for diabetics. If she knows the rules, she would love our cookbooks. I know there are some in the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook. My husband is pre-diabetic and controls his by diet.

1. What are some healthy substitutes for sugar in diabetic-friendly recipes?

Some good options for replacing sugar in diabetic-friendly recipes include using natural sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit, using small amounts of honey or maple syrup, or using sugar-free options like erythritol or xylitol.

2. Can I still enjoy desserts if I have diabetes?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious dessert recipes that are suitable for people with diabetes. These recipes often use alternative sweeteners and healthier ingredients, and can still satisfy your sweet cravings without causing a spike in blood sugar levels.

3. Are there any types of fruits that are better for diabetics?

Some fruits are better for diabetics than others due to their lower sugar content. Good options include berries, apples, citrus fruits, and stone fruits like peaches and plums. It's important to still practice portion control and balance fruits with other foods in your meals.

4. How can I make my meals more diabetic-friendly without sacrificing flavor?

There are many ways to make meals more diabetic-friendly without sacrificing flavor. Some tips include using herbs and spices instead of salt for added flavor, incorporating more vegetables and lean proteins into your meals, and using healthier cooking methods like grilling or roasting instead of frying.

5. Can I use regular recipes and just make substitutions for diabetic-friendly options?

It is possible to make substitutions in regular recipes to make them more diabetic-friendly, but it's important to be mindful of the overall nutritional content and portion sizes. It may be easier to find recipes specifically designed for diabetics to ensure they meet your dietary needs and still taste great.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vgmontes
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies