1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipes for a Vegan show?

1. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I have a past host who has gone vegan since her last show. Has anyone done a vegan show before? Any ideas for vegan recipes? I would prefer to stay away from salads because that's pretty predictable... I have no exposure to the vegan diet, so any and all tips are appreciated! :chef:

Jan 15, 2010
  2. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Wow - that would be challenging ... Even the LBC uses milk & cheese ... hmmm ... did you try a recipe search on CC? I would be interested to know what you find out ...

3. lovescooking

lovescooking Member Gold Member

You can substitue regular cheese with the Veggie Cheese (found in the produce section). It comes in a block also so you can show the UM. My son likes this because he is lactose-intolerent. We use soy milk and it goes into my recipes. Yes, even mac 'n cheese.
    You could ask what are some of her favorite foods now. That would give you an idea where and what to look for. Look up vegan on the web to find out more and that way of eating. Have you looked at the feature recipe on PamperedChef.com? Spicy Roasted Vegetable Soup and I am going to try that this weekend. Let your host look at it to see if she would like.
    I have not had a Vegeterian or Vegan show before but I think I would like to.

Jan 15, 2010
  4. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

That is a great idea, and if I can convince her to host in March it wouldn't be too late to do a soup and slippers show, and she can be one of the first to show off the spring products! I will certainly collect that as one of my options! I told her I would brainstorm and send some ideas her way :)

Jan 15, 2010
  5. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

I just did a Vegan AND Gluten Free show. We made the Italian Olive Bruschetta - it was yummy and it showed a lot of tools. It uses the 8" saute pan, chopper, knives, can opener, garlic press, etc.

We also made the Pineapple Upside Down cake in the DCB in the microwave. Just ask them if they use egg replacer. You could do the chocolate lava cake too as long as you make sure whatever cake mix and frosting you buy is dairy free. And of course you use egg replacer instead of eggs. My host had that and knew what she was doing using it so we "taught each other" stuff that day!

Jan 15, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted