• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Q&A: Pumpkin Trifle and More!

it's loading slowly on my phone!) to the Trifle Bowl support document:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_f_3GK1C_8jB4iFUYWK-5xj-zIgbL3TfIjzgl-XFzc/edit?usp=sharing
angmillar
I'm full of recipe questions today... =)

At my cooking show today, a lady was talking about a Pumpkin trifle that a PC lady made last weekend at another show. Anyone have a recipe for this? Or anything like it??

Thanks, all!!

angmillar said:
I'm full of recipe questions today... =)

At my cooking show today, a lady was talking about a Pumpkin trifle that a PC lady made last weekend at another show. Anyone have a recipe for this? Or anything like it??

Thanks, all!!

Pumpkin Trifle
2 to 3 cups leftover crumbled unfrosted spice cake, muffins or gingerbread
2-1/2 cups cold milk
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cinnamon plus spice blend
2 cups heavy whipping cream
Maraschino cherries, optional

Set aside 1/4 cup of cake crumbs for topping. Divide remaining crumbs into four portions;
sprinkle one portion into a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. In a large mixing bowl,
combine the milk, pumpkin, pudding mixes and spices; beat until smooth. Spoon half into the
serving bowl. Sprinkle with a second portion of crumbs. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream
until stiff peaks form; spoon half into bowl. Sprinkle with a third portion of crumbs.

Top with the remaining pumpkin mixture, then remaining portion of crumbs and whipped cream.
Sprinkle the reserved crumbs around the edge of bowl. Garnish with cherries if desired.
Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.

Yield: 12-15 servings.

pumpkin trifleDoes anyone know if you have to refrigerate this for two hours? Also, can you use cool whip instead of whipping cream? Thank you. Brenda

Most trifles are better if you let them sit for a while because it lets the flavors blend. And, yes, for ease you can use a tub of Cool Whip. I'd get a 12 oz, just because then you have some extra - and there's no such thing as too much whipped topping.

Ooooooohhh... thanks so much!! I'm going to make this tomorrow and use it for my November recipes. :)

And, I agree Ann. There's definitely NO SUCH THING as too much whipped topping!

I have never made it for a show.......but I agree with Ann - trifles taste better if they sit. That doesn't mean it won't taste good if it doesn't sit though.

I've been thinking about adding some Cinnamon Plus to a pound cake, and using that as the cake base.

TrifleThank you for the tip about letting the trifles sit. I never put them in the fridge at the show, we just eat it right away. I just let people know that if they are making it at home make it ahead of time and put the trifle in the fridge. Has anyone made the trifle pumpkin recipe at a show, does it taste as good without letting it sit in the fridge? Thank you. Brenda

ChefBeckyD said:
I have never made it for a show.......but I agree with Ann - trifles taste better if they sit. That doesn't mean it won't taste good if it doesn't sit though.

I've been thinking about adding some Cinnamon Plus to a pound cake, and using that as the cake base.
Mmmmm....sounds yummy!

You can also make a spice cake mix "poundcake" by adding a small box of vanilla instant pudding (just the powder, no extra milk) and one extra egg to the normal ingredients that the directions call for. (You can do this to any flavor cake mix...just use a complimentary flavor of pudding!)

2 pkg. instant vanilla pudding, 4 cups milk, 1 cup canned pumpkin, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice-divided, 1 frozen pound cake, 1cup whipping cream, 2 T confectioners sugar, 3/4 tsp vanilla.
1.in large bowl with wire wisk, mix pudding mix, pumpkin, milk and 1-3/4 tsp of pie spice. set aside when thickened.
2.Cut thawed cake into 16 slices. Line bottom of large glass bowl with 1/2 of the cake, cut to fit.
3.Spoon 1/2 of pumpkin mixture over cake. Add rest of slices on top and cover with rest of pumpkin mixture. Crumble any remaining slices of cake and put on top. cover and chill for 4 hours.
4.Whip cream with confectioners sugar and rest of pie spice.
5. Spoon over trifle and serve.
this recipe is from Scott Backus

87 Trifle recipes over on FLYERS & Newsletters

I put together a supplemental Trifle Bowl support document, like the 67 MiniMufinPan recipe sheet.

There's also a recipe for Yam trifle! Lots of great backgound and all of PC's help tips on the bowl.

Here's a link (*if I can copy & paste right!!)
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/trifle-bowl-recipes-share-w-customers-27931/
Good luck. -God Bless!

-praying for Paige and her family-

scottcooks said:
87 Trifle recipes over on FLYERS & Newsletters

I put together a supplemental Trifle Bowl support document, like the 67 MiniMufinPan recipe sheet.

There's also a recipe for Yam trifle! Lots of great backgound and all of PC's help tips on the bowl.

Here's a link (*if I can copy & paste right!!)
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f20/trifle-bowl-recipes-share-w-customers-27931/
Good luck. -God Bless!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Ooooooh.... THANK YOU!!

Pumpkin Maple Trifle Ă
Custard Ingredients:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pear Ingredients:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 firm Bosc pears, cored and each cut into 16 wedges (about 2 pounds)
1 tablespoon butter
6 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur), divided
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Remaining ingredients:
6 ounces frozen low-fat pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, divided
1 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Related to Recipe Q&A: Pumpkin Trifle and More!

1. What ingredients do I need to make a pumpkin trifle?

To make a pumpkin trifle, you will need pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin pie spice, milk, whipped topping, gingersnap cookies, and caramel sauce.

2. Can I use a different type of cookie in the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like in the trifle. Some popular options include angel food cake, pound cake, or even chocolate chip cookies.

3. How far in advance can I make the pumpkin trifle?

You can make the pumpkin trifle up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

4. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with canned pumpkin pie filling?

Yes, you can use canned pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree. Just note that the filling may already contain spices and sugar, so adjust the amount of pumpkin pie spice and sugar accordingly.

5. Can I make individual servings of the pumpkin trifle?

Yes, you can make individual servings of the pumpkin trifle by using small glasses or jars. This can be a fun and festive way to serve the trifle at parties or gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • KayPT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies