• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Legal to Use Cookbook Images in My Newsletter?

In summary, Trish recommends telling guests that you will post the recipe on your website for them in a day or two.
pcheframsey
I send out a weekly recipe newsletter to my customers, and several of them have asked for pictures of the recipes. Can I scan the pictures from the cookbooks into my computer and include them in my e-newsletters and ones I mail out too? If not, it's ok, I just thought it would be really cool to be able to do that, but I wasn't sure about copyrighting and all. Thanks!

I don't see why not. Your just showing them what the recipe looks like. Of course if you have made the recipe you could also take a picture of when you make it too...

I guess I'm on the cautious side. That wouldn't be copyright infringement, would it? (I'm a former librarian and issues like that concern me a little).

Trish in Texas
Future Director

Trish,

That's what I'm concerned about. It's not like I'm not a consultant or that I'm selling the images or attaching it to something other than PC. I'm just going to be using them along with the actual recipe that I include in the newsletter to show people what it looks like. But I want to be sure about it before I do it. I'm like you, I tend to err on the side of caution.

I'd call HO and ask before using them. Otherwise start taking a picture of them or ask your hosts if they have a digital camera and would take a picture & email it to you.

You could even do a contest with each recipe at the 1st show. Include info in the invites or in an email to all the guests: The person that sends you the best picture of the recipe will get a free SB.

And then share the pictures with us. :D

I like the idea about the picture contest. I think I will call HO about it, just to be sure. Thanks!

Does anyone photo copy the recipe to hand out at their show? I do and never really thought twice about it. Now.... I'm not so sure....

A few people have recommended telling your guests that you'll post the recipe on your website for them in a day or two. This gives them an incentive to go to your website. You can either put the recipe in news or in the calendar notes on their show.

tlennhoff said:
A few people have recommended telling your guests that you'll post the recipe on your website for them in a day or two. This gives them an incentive to go to your website. You can either put the recipe in news or in the calendar notes on their show.

That's what I do -- I usually email everyone a recipe link to my website with my current newsletter underneath.

1. How can I add a recipe picture to my newsletter?

To add a recipe picture to your newsletter, simply click on the "Insert Image" button and choose the picture you want to use from your computer. You can then resize and position the picture as desired.

2. Can I use any picture for my recipe in the newsletter?

It is best to use high-quality, clear pictures of the actual dish you are featuring in the recipe. This will give your readers a better idea of what the final product should look like and make the recipe more appealing.

3. How do I make sure the recipe picture is the right size for my newsletter?

You can easily resize the picture by clicking on it and dragging the corners to make it larger or smaller. You can also use the "Crop" option to adjust the dimensions of the picture.

4. Can I add multiple recipe pictures to my newsletter?

Yes, you can add as many pictures as you like to your newsletter. However, it is best to keep it to a minimum to avoid overwhelming your readers.

5. Is there a way to make the recipe picture stand out in the newsletter?

You can use the "Text Wrap" option to have the text flow around the picture, making it more prominent. You can also use different font colors or styles to make the title of the recipe stand out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • PamperedchefDaly