• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe for French Silk Pie Needed

In summary, to make a French Silk Pie, you will need a pre-made or homemade pie crust, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, melted unsweetened chocolate, vanilla extract, eggs, and optional toppings such as whipped cream and chocolate shavings. You can use a store-bought pie crust or make your own. The total time for making this pie is about 3 hours, with an active preparation time of 30 minutes. While unsalted butter is recommended, you can use salted butter and adjust the added salt in the recipe. The French Silk Pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and should be left at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving.
cookingwithhart
We're having a b-day party for my dad's 70th on Saturday and he loves French Silk Pie. Anyone have a tried and true recipe?
Thanks

Here is one that sounds delicious plus it is from Pillsbury.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/French-Silk-Chocolate-Pie/Detail.aspx

That does sound yummy! I'll let you know how it comes out.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a French Silk Pie?

To make a French Silk Pie, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 pre-made or homemade pie crust
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
  • Chocolate shavings, for garnish (optional)

2. Can I use a store-bought pie crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pie crust for this recipe. You can also make your own crust if you prefer.

3. How long does it take to make a French Silk Pie?

The total time for making a French Silk Pie is about 3 hours, including chilling time. The active preparation time is about 30 minutes.

4. Can I substitute the unsalted butter with salted butter?

We recommend using unsalted butter for this recipe to control the amount of salt in the pie. However, if you only have salted butter, you can use it and reduce the added salt in the recipe by half.

5. How should I store the French Silk Pie?

You can store the French Silk Pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep it covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. Before serving, let the pie sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes to soften slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Dina Atnip