• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? Re: Exec Cookware Vs. Prof Line/Knives

In summary, the Professional and Executive lines of cookware are both great options for different types of cooks. The Professional line is great for the average cook, while the Executive line is perfect for more accomplished cooks. The Professional line is more affordable, but the Executive line has some nicer features. The prices are close, but the Executive line is worth the extra money.
pcleah
I have had a few guests ask why they should buy one line over the other. More so with the cookware than the knives. The cookware prices are so close, I never know how to answer them. The knives I always show the diff in quality stating there is a line of knives for any budget. But the cookware stumps me. Any help would be appreciated. Why do we have 2 lines of cookware so close in quality and price?:

One way to answer this is with a question; ask the client how they typically cook: Easy put-together dinners or do they like to pretend they are Rachael Rae (sp?). The Professional line, while still having an awesome guarantee and stove-to-oven benefits is more for the occasional use, no-mess recipes. The Executive is going to give the results of a top chef: even cooking, non-stick on inside and out, streamlined look to make your kitchen look good.

The professional cookware is great for the average cook. The executive cookware is perfect for the more accomplished cook. It has all the bells and whistles--lids that fit over the handle if you hang your pans; a rolled edge that I've never had anything drip from; and titanium-reinforced anodized aluminum, which means they are the sturdiest pans you can buy anywhere.

I usually tell people that if they cook occasionally, they will probably be fine with the professional set. If they cook a lot, they will probably want to spend a little more to get the executive set.

I think the executive set is a heavier-duty set. The pieces are prettier, the handles are better, it just seems to be a better set.

As for the knives, just looking at the 2 lines will show you why the new knives are better. They are sharper, sleeker, easier to hold and more professional quality.

I am the CHEAPEST person in the world, ask my family and friends...that's part of why I'm a consultant! But when it comes to some things, If you can spend $100 for good and $110 for better, I'd spend the extra $10...So I tend to sell more executive cookware than professional. Just tell them. If you're willing to spend that much, just up it and spend a little more!

in my oppinion the exc. is so much better b/c of the nonstick on the outside.. so worth the extra 20 bucks

I guess that is my point. Why have 2 lines so close in price? They both have great features, but it just doesn't make sense that they are so close in price. Thanks for everyones input.

Price issueI think one of the issues with the prices being so close is that the Executive line came out while the Gen II set was still in the catalog. TPC can't price themselves out of the market by making the Executive line too much, and there was a BIG price difference between Gen II and Professional (and there should have been). They can't exactly drop the Professional price.

The other thing is that the Executive line is still relatively new, and they are keeping the line lower in price to "hook" us and our customers. I'd be willing to be that in the next couple of seasons we're going to be seeing a price increase that will be more in line with the true value of the pieces.

What is the difference between the Executive Cookware and Professional Line/Knives?

The Executive Cookware is designed for everyday use and features a non-stick coating, while the Professional Line/Knives are made with high-quality materials and are recommended for more advanced or professional cooking.

Are the Professional Line/Knives worth the extra cost compared to the Executive Cookware?

It ultimately depends on your cooking needs and preferences. The Professional Line/Knives offer superior quality and durability, but the Executive Cookware is a more affordable option for those on a budget.

Do the Professional Line/Knives come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our Professional Line/Knives come with a lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship. This does not cover normal wear and tear or misuse of the product.

Can I use the Executive Cookware and Professional Line/Knives on all types of stovetops?

Yes, both the Executive Cookware and Professional Line/Knives are compatible with gas, electric, and induction stovetops. However, always check the product specifications to ensure compatibility with your specific stovetop.

Is there a difference in the materials used for the Executive Cookware and Professional Line/Knives?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is made with aluminum and a non-stick coating, while the Professional Line/Knives are made with high-carbon stainless steel. This difference in materials affects the overall durability and functionality of the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KYCHEF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
  • pchefinski