• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant RCB - Round Covered Baker Size Discrepancy: My Experience & Review

In summary, the Round Covered Baker in the mini catalog is not actually 11" in diameter, but 9". This is different from the Deep Dish Baker which is 11". People who ordered the mini based on the 11" diameter may not be happy to find out the actual size is closer to 9".
kam
Staff member
I did not go to Spring Launch so I had not actually seen the Round Covered Baker in person.

So, I ordered my samples last night and I ordered the RCB based on the description in the catalogs. The catalog states that it is 11".

The now discontinued Deep Dish Baker is (was) 11". So my perception/assumption was that the RCB would be very close in size. I assumed the RCB might be a little bit smaller since they might be taking exterior dimensions.

I went to my Cluster meeting tonight and saw the RCB. I thought "wow" that is small for 11". Well, it is NOT 11". It is 9". That is quite a difference.

I am ticked that the catalog states that it is 11". The mini catty says it too. :grumpy:

Now that I see the ACTUAL size, I probably would not have ordered it.

Does anyone out there see how it could be 11"? When they state 11" on a round piece - I always thought that meant diameter. Is it just me? 11" should mean 11".

I hadn't noticed the typo. But you are right. I just measured mine & the exterior diameter of the top is 9". You might want to e-mail HO & let them know there's a typo.

My first thought when you typed this was that maybe that's the full exterior size (edges of handles vs bowl size) but I measured mine too and it's 9"! I agree with Sheila - email HO. Maybe this would explain why DCB don't work in it!

wadesgirl said:
My first thought when you typed this was that maybe that's the full exterior size (edges of handles vs bowl size) but I measured mine too and it's 9"! I agree with Sheila - email HO. Maybe this would explain why DCB don't work in it!

I did just email them. Who knows if I'll get a response. But I told them about the typo.

If I had known it was that small, I probably would not have ordered it. I was thinking the lid would fit on my Deep Dish Baker. In actuality, I think it is very similar in size to the mini baker - just deeper.

Having never seen it before tonight - I only had what was in the catalog to go by.

Last edited:
I saw it in person at SL & they were talking about cutting the DCB recipes in half, but I hadn't actually measured it or noticed the dimensions in print until you mentioned it. They definitely need everyone to know that it's only 9" and not 11".

Oh great. MORE stickers to put on the catalogs! ;) I'm kidding....they need to know, so a customer doesn't order under false-assumptions also.i still like it though- but I'm sorry it didn't fit what you were hoping to.

I personally love my RCB. I half the DCB recipes (time and ingredients) and everything works perfectly.

monique64 said:
I personally love my RCB. I half the DCB recipes (time and ingredients) and everything works perfectly.

Can you share which recipes worked successfully? Some people have shared that the ones they tried aren't working and things are spilling over. TIA! :)

Could the 11" be the bowl circumference measurement? Don't have it yet
myself so can't check.

monique64 said:

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the piece.

IF I had seen it first, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. My clustermates who saw it first never gave it a second thought. BUT, if you had never seen it then you HAVE to rely on the dimensions provided - which are wrong. That is my point.

One of my clustermates informed me that the dimensions on the new nylon knife (I think) was apparently wrong in the mini (but fixed in the main catty). I haven't verified that.

Whoever they have proofreading their stuff needs to get on the ball. There seems to be quite a few mis-wordings and mistakes this season.

Yeah, that is not just a typo!
I still want one, though. It looks really cute. That DCB is soooo heavy.

I got my RCB the week after SL through Supply Order and really love it!

online says its 9" and 6cups

esavvymom said:
Oh great. MORE stickers to put on the catalogs! ;) I'm kidding....they need to know, so a customer doesn't order under false-assumptions also.

i still like it though- but I'm sorry it didn't fit what you were hoping to.

I was thinking the same thing!

I've never ordered the mini catalogs, but I decided to this time.... and LOTS of them.....only to have to sit and stuff them with inserts....and find out now that there is a typo so I can make them "more ghetto" by stickering the accurate measurements? :yuck:

Here is the answer I got back from Solution Center:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing. I am sending a copy of this email to the appropriate department for further review.

Gee...thanks.

kam said:
Here is the answer I got back from Solution Center:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may be causing. I am sending a copy of this email to the appropriate department for further review.

Gee...thanks.

What else can they do?

esavvymom said:
What else can they do?

Yeah, I know, you're right. ;) I think I am just in a bad mood about it. Just in a bad mood about all the lack of communnication in general about shipping, mini catty thing/inserts, etc. and then this.

I think I was looking for confirmation that it was a typo and should be 9" or whatever. But, I guess the fact that the website says 9" is confirmation that is what it should be.

It is very strange how all of these issues, mostly communication or lackthere of, are coming about lately. Not typical of PC. Did they have some personnel changes over there in the last year or so?? I sure hope this isnt indicative of things to come with the roll out of the new site!

esavvymom said:
It is very strange how all of these issues, mostly communication or lackthere of, are coming about lately. Not typical of PC. Did they have some personnel changes over there in the last year or so?? I sure hope this isnt indicative of things to come with the roll out of the new site!

I agree completely - not typical from them at all! Between the lack of communication, decision-making and typos I am thinking the same thing - that there had to have been some kind of personnel changes! Did they outsource the catalog?

Mistakes happen (believe me, I work in the printing industry - so I know). But they have always been sticklers for the details and I always felt like I could rely on what was in the cattys.

But the mini catty thing (not putting all the products in) was not a mistake, it was a decision since they had a second one planned already.

The communication on the shipping has been absolutely HORRIBLE! I think we all understand the fact that shipping costs money and that perhaps the shipping costs needed to increase. But that is no excuse not to communicate to EVERYONE accurately. If I was NOT on this board, the ONLY communication, I, as a CONSULTANT (not director), would have received from HO was in the NewsWire. And we know how accurate that was. Directors received an email, but very late. And not everyone has a good director to pass that on. I am lucky that my director is good and I got to see it. Can you imagine how confused you would be if you weren't on this board and didn't have communication with your director?

talking about communication.....I HAD TO INFORM my director and team leader that there was NO National Conference this year. I first learned about it here.

I just received a new supply order- the catalog where they were reprinted and on back order_

the new ones state 9" for the rcb

With all the drama going on at HO likely, misprints in the catalog, the minis, the shipping debacle, replacement parts, lack of much if ANY communications about said issues, etc.......I would love to be a fly on the wall at a PC HO head honcho meeting! Someone is likely getting their you-know-what handed to them right about now!

I sure hope so. I mean in 11 years, the last few have been really bad for mistakes. I wonder if it is more because of a lack of personnel and who is left is spread too thin as I have to assume PC has been effected by this recession too. But boy, these misprint mistakes are costing them a fortune! I mean how many catalogs were printed and stored with the errors then reprinted when one error was found then again with this one? YIKES!

I got my box supply order today & was happy to see that it says 9" too. I only have a few catalogs to mark on. LUCKILY, I'd only given away 2 of the new catalogs with the 11" typo!

1. What does "Rcb - Size Not as Stated" mean?

This refers to an issue where the product received is not the size that was advertised or stated in the product description.

2. How does Pampered Chef handle situations where the size is not as stated?

If you have received a product with this issue, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We will work to resolve the issue and provide a replacement or refund if necessary.

3. Can I return a product if the size is not as stated?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee and will gladly accept returns for products that do not meet your expectations, including those with sizing discrepancies.

4. How can I avoid receiving a product with size discrepancies?

We strive to accurately and clearly state the dimensions of our products, but if you have any concerns or questions about the size, please reach out to us before making a purchase. Our customer service team is happy to provide more information and assist you in selecting the right product.

5. Are there any measures in place to prevent size discrepancies in Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have quality control processes in place to ensure that our products are accurately sized and labeled. However, if you do encounter an issue with the size of a product, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Shawnna
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
vonfirmath