1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Personal Rain on the wedding day!?!

1. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

So I am getting married on 7/04/09. We are having an outside wedding ceremony @ Virginia Tech's Horticulture Gardens. I just checked the weather for that day and it says scattered thunderstorms. :cry::cry::cry:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, join me in praying for NO RAIN! I know that no matter what the weather does, we will still get married, but nobody wants it to rain on their wedding day. Gosh, I am so nervous now. I swear, planning a wedding will shave YEARS off of your life! LOL!

Jun 26, 2009
  2. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I'm praying for ya!! This is why DH and I eloped!

3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I remember people telling me that a rainy day was supposed to be good luck. Something about fertility. ;)

Jun 26, 2009
  4. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Good luck Amanda! It's still a week away - the weather can easily change. Here's hoping for a wonderful wedding day for you (rain or shine:)

Jun 26, 2009
  5. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

Thanks ladies! I am just praying for the best! I know the weather will be what God wants, and not me, but it doesn't hurt to ask Him huh? :)

Jun 26, 2009
  6. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

Haha! This is what my hubby-to-be said....had I known what this would be like, I would have eloped too! :D

Jun 26, 2009
  7. Crystal Patton

We were really bad though - when our families started fighting about who was paying for the flowers we told them we decided to wait a year. BUT we eloped on our original date anyway and didn't say anything for 4 months. :eek: My Mom was pissed!!! LOL

8. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

LOL! That is hilarious! Yeah, don't the the parents would be too happy if I did that, actually come to think of it, maybe so after all is said and done! LOL!

Jun 26, 2009
  9. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

It rained on my wedding day, but to this day, everyone remembers how beautiful it was outside and warm! It was freaking freezing and raining! Plus, we are incredibly happily married so it's good that it rained! Good luck and congratulations!

Jun 26, 2009
  10. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

good luck no matter what the weather....

Jun 26, 2009
  11. Crystal Patton

I think she most upset because my brother (who was still living at home) was one of our witnesses. He kept his yap shut for four months. My brother is awesome!!!

And we got married at the courthouse - across the street from where she works. :D

12. diradt

diradt Member

Rain on wedding days is good luck and means fertiliity! If that doesn't prove it, we were pregnant 6 months and so were our friends and it POURED on their wedding day!

However, although it rained all day the day before and the morning of our wedding, it was absolutely gorgeous when it came to the ceremony. Everything was so clean and fresh (we had an outdoor wedding as well!)

Good luck and SMILE! No one will remember the weather if the bride is happy!

Jun 27, 2009
  13. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Is there something special about 7/4 weddings in VA? A friend's daughter is getting married that day, too!

Remember, you're in VA. The weather can't accurately be predicted more than a couple of days in advance, and won't necessarily be the same for every area.

14. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

That was my thought, Sarah. If it's more than 12 hours away the prediction is sure to change.

Jun 27, 2009
  15. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Remember it says, "scattered thundershowers". Here that can mean pouring at our house and a mile down the road, be sunny! Let's pray that the thundershowers scatter elsewhere! Don't get yourself in a frenzy! The wedding day is stressful enough without adding more to it!

Happy Wedding Day!

Jun 27, 2009
  16. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

Thanks guys for all of the kind words and prayers. I know the weather can change, and that is what I am hoping for! LOL!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Jun 27, 2009
  17. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

and in the summer...that seems to be a typical forecast when it is warm. I usually check for the % chance of rain before I get too nervous. Our local news weather has a way to check hourly forecast for a day for the %s.. Weather.com might too.

Good luck and congratulations.

Jun 27, 2009
  18. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

It sprinkled, then it got REALLY cold, and it was May 18!!! We were getting married in our backyard. It's amazing how 80 people will fit in a house when it gets cold enough!

The day before it's was 80 and then comes Saturday it turned into 50! I remember not being able to feel my fingers when I wrote checks to pay for photograher, etc. I should have had a heads up when I looked out the window and saw a girlfriend come in wearing a fur coat!

You can't control the weather, stop stressing out about it. Like my friend says, it is what it is! Would it be any better saying I do in the sun as opposed to the rain?? Well yes it would be prettier and dryer, but honestly, it's all good.

19. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

I will send you the warmth and dryness we are experiencing right now. OKlahoma is warm

Jun 27, 2009
  20. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

We have a saying where we live...don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes, it will change!

The wedding day is a special day, but the days to follow are the most important. My parents were married at 16 and 20 years old. They just celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary.

On their first fight, my father asked my mother if she was going to run home to her mother? She told him, no...she was going to give him the satisfation. She was going to stay and make his life miserable!!! They had their moments but were awesome parents and continue to love making each other miserable to this day!!! They both have a great sense of humor and I truely think this is one of the secrets to a long and happy life together.

Blessings to you on your special day. July 4th is a great day to get married...every year on your anniversary most people will have the day off too and there will be fireworks every year!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jun 27, 2009
  21. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

Just wanted you all to know the wedding was yesterday, and the weather was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 5, 2009
  22. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Best wishes, Amanda! Thanks for taking a moment to share about your special day.

23. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

The wedding turned out PERFECT! No rain, and perfect weather~ Thanks for all the prayers! God answered them!

Jul 5, 2009
  24. Crystal Patton

Yay!!!! So happy your special day was perfect!

25. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

Congratulations Amanda - glad it turned out great for you!

Jul 5, 2009
  26. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

So glad to hear that. I thought of you when I was sitting in the rain at the lawnmower races. It rained all afternoon and evening here.

Jul 5, 2009
  27. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Our rain didn't start until the wee hours this morning here. Glad your special day was PERFECT!

Jul 5, 2009
  28. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

I didn't see this, but my aunt and uncle said that right after my minister pronounced us H & W, a beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky......no rain, but a rainbow......GOD'S PROMISE!

Jul 5, 2009
  29. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

A couple of pictures from the wedding a friend emailed to me today. Thanks again for all of your prayers! I am so excited for the honeymoon. We leave Wednesday!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Jul 5, 2009
  30. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went well... and with God's blessings too!

31. dianevill

dianevill Senior Member Gold Member

Congratulations! I'm glad your day turned out wonderfully. You're a beautiful bride!

Jul 5, 2009
  32. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

Congratulations!!!! My son in law is a VTech Horticulture Grad! What a beautiful campus.,... the perfect spot for a gorgeous wedding.

Jul 5, 2009
  33. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Congratulations. I am so glad everything worked out for you. Beautiful pictures!

Have something to add?