• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Microwave Meal Ideas for Your Next Show - No Stove Needed!

In summary, the author confirms a show for this Friday and does not have much to work with- just a microwave and sink. They suggest using the Round Covered Baker or the Ridged Baker to cook the chicken. They also suggest using the microwave to cook the chicken. They suggest cooking the chicken for 2 minutes per side in the Round Covered Baker with lid or for 3 minutes per side in the Ridged Baker with wax paper. They suggest using the Salad Choppers to cut the chicken into pieces or to shred it. They suggest serving the chicken on a tortilla with vegetables and optional toppings.
prissylovescooking
Silver Member
I finally confirmed a show for this Friday - I've been waiting for this for like forever and a day. Anyways I don't have much to work with only a microwave. No stove/oven just a microwave and a sink. Any suggestions I could do beside the Molten Lava Cake in the micro? Thank you.

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco in DCB
10-minute Pork Tenderloin in DCB (I did this and then we made "sliders" with Hawaiian Rolls

maldvs said:
Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco in DCB
10-minute Pork Tenderloin in DCB (I did this and then we made "sliders" with Hawaiian Rolls

Where would I cook the chicken breast? I usually use the grill pan/press.

I actually cook it right in the DCB and say "I know this recipe says "grilled chicken" but it can also be made right in the DCB!" It shows the versatility of the DCB and then I always let them sample the chicken to show how moist it really does come out.

Warm lemon pepper chicken salad is yummy and rush hour fajitas are always a hit. Do use fcb or round covered baker to cook chicken. Definite wow factor

Ok that sounds doable...ok here's another dumb question...how long do I cook the chicken? I might use the small dcb to cook the chicken or i also have the small ridged stone.

prissylovescooking said:
Ok that sounds doable...ok here's another dumb question...how long do I cook the chicken? I might use the small dcb to cook the chicken or i also have the small ridged stone.

It depends on the size of the chicken breast but I usually cook 2 of them for 6 minutes and then check the temp with the thermometer and increase as necessary.

In the Round Covered Baker, with lid - 4 minutes per breast. Let sit for about 2-3 minutes to finish cooking. If you decide to use the ridged baker, it's about 3 minutes per breast and cover with wax paper. Also let sit for 2-3 minutes. Obviously, if they are larger pieces or thick, the cooking time will be more.

I'd suggest you use the round covered baker. Better results, higher price tag and more versatile. It'll allow you to talk about the Deep Covered Baker for those in need of larger portions.

Have an awesome show!

prissylovescooking said:
Where would I cook the chicken breast? I usually use the grill pan/press.

You can also make the chicken in the Ridged Baker in the microwave :love:

Thanks so much for the ideas Ladies!!

All of my shows so far I have made chicken fajitas in the DCB. LOVE IT! (thanks to my fabulous director for giving me this!)
Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
4 Bell Peppers (preferably with red, yellow, green and orange), rinsed
1 large Onion, peeled
1 lime
Pantry Southwestern or Chipotle Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas (try to have at least one tortilla for each guest!)
Optional Toppings: Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze half of lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning. Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.
When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold 'N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up from the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

salywa said:
All of my shows so far I have made chicken fajitas in the DCB. LOVE IT! (thanks to my fabulous director for giving me this!)
Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
4 Bell Peppers (preferably with red, yellow, green and orange), rinsed
1 large Onion, peeled
1 lime
Pantry Southwestern or Chipotle Seasoning Mix
6-inch Flour Tortillas (try to have at least one tortilla for each guest!)
Optional Toppings: Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Slice the bell peppers with the Ultimate Mandoline or the Forged Cutlery Knives. Slice the onion with Apple Wedger. Put onions and bell peppers in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle with @ 1 Tablespoon of Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix. Add the raw chicken on top of the peppers and onions (leave a little space between the chicken breasts), squeeze half of lime over the chicken using the Citrus Press and then sprinkle with another Tablespoon of SW Seasoning. Cover with the lid and microwave for 15 minutes.
When the chicken is done (cut into a piece or check with the Pocket Thermometer to make sure it is done), either cut it up in the baker using the Salad Choppers – or - take it out of the DCB and place it on your cutting board and shred it (I use the Hold 'N Slice and a fork to shred the chicken). Push the veggies to one side of the DCB and put the chicken back in on the other side. Set the DCB, and the Mini Baker, on the Woven Round Tray or on top of the Round Up from the Heart Trivets. Use the Small Bamboo Tongs for serving.

OMG!! This is AMAZING!! :love: Thank you so much! I think I will try this out today with the family and see how it goes! :chef: :)

The Chicken Fajitas are always a huge hit at my shows! It's a great recipe!

But, since you don't have a sink you may want to consider purchasing (or having the host purchase) precooked chicken. I had to do that earlier this month for a show in a church clasroom (I made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the DCB this time). All I had were tables and a microwave, but no sink. I had some antibacterial wipes to use in between prep, but I chose to use precooked chicken to avoid any contamination issues. Just a thought! :)

Edited to add: sorry I just re-read your post...you do have a sink! Oh well, consider this an idea for any time in which you don't have a sink! :)

Prissy, please be sure and let us know how it goes!

micro potato chips or old bay garlic steamed shrimp...1lb = 5 min

frugalchef said:
micro potato chips or old bay garlic steamed shrimp...1lb = 5 min
Can you share the recipe for the shrimp! I just put 20 lbs in my freezer so this would be great timing! : )T

sherri lynn said:
Prissy, please be sure and let us know how it goes!

Well after all these ideas the host only wanted me to take a few veggies to show off the chopper and utility knife and just do a cake in the dcb :) but it was still a success I sold two grill pan sets and got 3 booking so it was great!:love:

Thank you all for the ideas!

Nice sales there! Good for you!

1. How can I find quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that life can get hectic. That's why we have a variety of quick and easy recipes available on our website and in our cookbooks. You can also search for recipes based on specific ingredients or cooking methods to find something that fits your specific needs.

2. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help me save time in the kitchen?

Absolutely! We offer a range of time-saving tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. From our Quick Cooker to our Food Chopper, these products can help you whip up a meal in no time.

3. Can I customize recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, we offer a variety of recipes that can be customized to fit different dietary restrictions. On our website, you can filter recipes based on dietary needs such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free. You can also make substitutions in our recipes to fit your specific needs.

4. How can I get my family involved in cooking quick meals?

We believe that cooking should be a fun and collaborative activity for the whole family. Our recipes are designed to be simple and easy to follow, making them perfect for getting your kids involved in the kitchen. You can also check out our Kids' Cooking Sets, which include kid-friendly tools and recipes.

5. Do you have any tips for meal planning to make weeknight dinners easier?

Meal planning is a great way to save time and stress during busy weeknights. Our website offers a meal planning tool that allows you to browse and save recipes, create shopping lists, and even schedule when to make each meal. This can help you stay organized and save time in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • emmabelle47