• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Cooking Tips for Busy Moms with Kids - Fundraiser!

In summary, the tip Leann is most excited about is learning how to save time by cooking food fresh or cold. She also suggests having tools available so guests can try them out. She suggests baking a cake in the microwave and sharing recipes for deviled eggs and pumpkin carving.
leannvv
I am doing a fundraiser for a Mom's group at a church that has a no hard sell policy. I will also only have a microwave! So my game plan is to make 2 snacks- a sweet ( A carmel apple dip) and a dip ( To die for Cheese Dip). I will give tips on how to include kids in cooking and how to save time ( their requests).

My problem is I THINK I need to have MORE tips to share than I have in my back pocket!

Care to share with me your best tips???

AvocadoThe tip I am most excited about right now I actually learned today from "Semi-Home Cooking" on the Food Network.

When you are shopping for avocados, pop off the "button" on the skinny end. If it is green underneath, it is good. If it is black, it will be black on the inside.

Of course, if you are buying ones that aren't ripe yet, this won't apply, but when they are ripe, I think it's a great tip!

Hi, Leann.

I think you'll have good results if you not only share food tips (like fresh, cold eggs separate easier than old or room temp), but also tool tips. If you mention how fantastic the stoneware is because you don't need to flip fries and chicken nuggets and can keep food warm longer, then you'll probably get enough people interested in the stoneware without having to make any hard sell statements.

I also suggest having some potatoes around so the guests can play with the tools and try them out. Sometimes hands-on time is better than a sales pitch.

Hope this helps!

Just a thought... make a magic cake in the microwave...

Stone bundt pan
One pkg cake mix, made according to package directions.. pour into pan.
One container of frosting.. dollop onto top of batter.
Microwave for 12 min
Let rest 20-25 min
Flip onto serving plate... viola.. one totally frosted cake with no muss, no fuss.

This has gone over extremely well at my shows. This way they get to see the possibilities of stonewave.

I know this is not a tip per se, but the cake always amazes my quests.

One tip I will add to your list.. to get gluey stuff off a product/glass, put a bit of olive/veg etc oil on it and let is sit. Gluey stuff comes right off after a few minutes.

I have a question about these cakes. I've done the german choc one with great success ... but I tried the butter pecan cake with cream cheese frosting the other night and the icing was ... well... looked curdled when I flipped the cake out. My family said it tasted fine but they didn't finish the cake ... a tell take sign that it wasn't as good as the ger. choc . Also... one host would like a different chocolate cake with NO coconut or a lemon cake. Any ideas?

Do you have the V shaped Cutter #1160? At this time of year, you could demo carving a Pumpkin with it, or a Canteloupe luminary with dual cuts that make a diamond shape. It can be used on tomatoes, and peppers too. I know our LET'S EAT kids cookbook has a Peanut Butter Dip that is very popular with kids. My three year old great granddaughter says it is scrumptous. She relates it to Apples and wouldn't eat apples at my house without the Dip. You can let kids beat up the Cool Whip, Yogurt and Peanut Butter, to their hearts content. They love serving the apple slices that "look like flowers, Grandma" according to one grandchild. Once I have used the Apple Wedge, I remove the core and place the apple slices in one of our Prep Bowls for little hands to pass around. I put the dip in Prep Bowls too, or in the small Striped SA bowl. It looks so pretty with red apples.
Deviled eggs are another success. Older kids love using the Easy Accent Decorator to fill the eggs. That is one of my 3 yr. old grandson's favorites at our family parties. Almost all men and boys seem to love Deviled Eggs.

along the lines of the 12 min cake i did the sunshine cake from casual cooking (p104) and my guests and hubby (the night before) LOVED it.. it's done in the micro with the fluted pan as the 12 min cake but i got to show off the grater, microplane batter bowl, wisk, flour shaker, large square.. etc..and of course got as chef ann mentioned participation doing it, i sold the grater to the demoer and it only takes 20 min to cook.. all the while making it smell yummy as i did my talk so i'd recomend that cake .. good luck :) ~tiffany P

Is that the Sunshine Lemon Cake? I don't have that cookbook but I was looking on Joyces...???

leannvv said:
I am doing a fundraiser for a Mom's group at a church that has a no hard sell policy. I will also only have a microwave! So my game plan is to make 2 snacks- a sweet ( A carmel apple dip) and a dip ( To die for Cheese Dip). I will give tips on how to include kids in cooking and how to save time ( their requests).

My problem is I THINK I need to have MORE tips to share than I have in my back pocket!

Care to share with me your best tips???

Just an idea...if you go to CC & then go to CN....there are almost 2 years of hints & tips. Every CN has some in them. Maybe write some down on index cards....;) Hope this helps:D

Thanks Ginger- didn't know that! I will def. look!

I don't have the bundt pan, darn it!

Keep the tips coming, please!

How DO you include YOUR kids??

Since it's a mom's group, you could include "cooking with kids" tips for them:
  • The egg slicer is a great tool so even very young kids can slice their own bananas into their cereal
  • Kids can learn fractions by helping to measure ingredients
  • Upper-elementary age children can make their own lunch without turning on the stove by cooking mac and cheese or soup in the Micro-Cooker
  • Need an idea to get your kids to eat more fruit? Serve apple and pear wedges, banana slices, strawberries, grapes or melon chunks with flavored yogurt as a dip (strawberry or mixed berry is really good)

1. How can I save time in the kitchen while still providing nutritious meals for my family?

One helpful tip is to meal plan and prep ahead of time. This can include chopping and storing vegetables, marinating meats, or making casseroles or soups that can easily be reheated during busy weeknights.

2. What are some quick and easy meal ideas that my kids will actually eat?

Some kid-friendly meal ideas include tacos, homemade pizza, pasta dishes, and sheet pan meals with a variety of protein and vegetables. You can also get creative with fun shapes and designs to make meals more appealing to children.

3. How do I involve my kids in the cooking process without making a bigger mess?

One way to involve your kids in cooking is to give them age-appropriate tasks such as stirring, measuring, or assembling ingredients. You can also set up a designated area for them to work in and provide easy-to-clean tools and utensils.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products for quick and easy meals?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. For example, our quick cooker and pressure cooker make it possible to have a home-cooked meal on the table in a fraction of the time.

5. How can I turn cooking into a fun and educational activity for my kids?

Cooking with kids is a great opportunity to teach them about healthy eating and basic cooking skills. You can also make it fun by incorporating games or challenges, such as a cooking competition or creating a themed meal together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • pchefinski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies