• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions on Fundraisers Rfl/Acs

In summary, Stacy set up 2 fundraisers for the Relay for Life. One for her house and one for a relay team. She has a question about how people should donate and she shares a letter she sent to the team captain.
Stacys
Hi Guys! I have 2 fundraisers set up for the Relay for Life in May.:) I have a couple of questions I need answers to.:confused: Please help.

I would like to give the customers an opportunity to just collect a donation as well. I've made up my OOF to have a seperate line for this, however, how do I handle the money. Do they include the additional $ in their check to me and I write a check to the RFL or do they write a seperate check for that?

Also, usually when you make donations you get a reciept of some sort for taxes, how is this handled.

I'm real excited about doing this. My mom is a survivor and this year marks 20years cancer free.:D Also my sister in law died from cancer 3 years ago on May 2. These shows are to honor both of them. My first show is May 6th at my house and I've invited over 80 people. My second show is for one of the relay teams.

Oh BTW, I sent a letter and flyers to all of the relay team captains. This is how I set up the second show. Just an idea for anyone looking to help the cause.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!!

Hi Stacy,

How did you get a list of the team captains? I've been looking for a way in for 2 months and don't know how to begin. Any help would be great.

Team CaptainsI went to www.cancer.org and then went to In My Community. Put in your zip code, then go to up coming events. Click on the Relay you want to be involved with. There you will see Team Rank, then click more. The team Capt is in bold. I then looked up the organizations address in the phone book and sent a package to the capt's attention.

I found a great letter on here and sent it along with a flyer from here and the may special flyers.

Good Luck!

taxI think they should write the check to the organization - otherwise they cannot get a tax deduction. Also, make sure that they don't charge it to their credit card. It's unethical to have Pampered Chef eat the processing fee for a donation.

AFter I closed my fundraiser, I wrote a thank you letter detailing the amount PC would send for purchases and bookings; I also listed my 5% matching, booking amounts and any "extras" that were to be given to the organization (several people wrote a $50 for a $47 purchase). I included my check at that time.

Good luck, your enthusiasm will get people there....BEE

Just in caseyour intereseted, here are the invites I made up for my fundraiser on the 6th. We are doing a cinco de mayo theme.

Attachments

• May invite 2.doc
    105 KB · Views: 373
Thanks Bee. That is what I was thinking, it didn't seem right to me for them to write the check for the donation to me. But I thought it would be a great way for them to collect funds while they are selling PC.

I can't thank you enoughthanks a bunch Stacy

I found the city next to mine, which has 9 pages of teams :eek: and my small county which has just as many to choose from. I think Im going to start with those who haven't raised any funds and go from there. :cool:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Stacy -- can you please share the letter you sent to the Team Captain? I'm thinking of doing this!

Thanks,

Beth in PA

Here is the letter I sent. Along with the flyer. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• RFL Flyer.doc
    258.5 KB · Views: 477
  • RFL Letter.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 333

1. What types of fundraisers are available through Pampered Chef for Rfl/Acs?

Pampered Chef offers multiple types of fundraisers for Rfl/Acs, including virtual fundraisers, catalog fundraisers, and in-person fundraisers.

2. How much of the proceeds from the fundraiser will go towards Rfl/Acs?

For virtual fundraisers, 20% of the sales will be donated to Rfl/Acs. For catalog fundraisers, 15% of the sales will be donated. For in-person fundraisers, 10% of the sales will be donated.

3. Can we customize the products offered in the fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customizable fundraising options where you can choose specific products to offer to your supporters.

4. Is there a minimum or maximum order requirement for the fundraiser?

There is no minimum order requirement for virtual or catalog fundraisers. For in-person fundraisers, there is a minimum order of $200. There is no maximum order limit for any type of fundraiser.

5. How long does the fundraiser last?

The length of the fundraiser can vary based on your needs and preferences. Pampered Chef recommends a minimum of 2 weeks for virtual fundraisers and a minimum of 3 weeks for catalog fundraisers. In-person fundraisers can last 1-2 days, depending on the event. However, you can extend the fundraiser if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK