• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on Pull-A-Part Bread/Garlic Bites

Instead of using the expensive Grands, try using the cheaper Flaky Biscuits - they work just as well!
bridgetbakes
I tried making these for the first time tonight in the 8" skillet. They tasted alright but didn't quite send me like I thought they would. It seemed to me that perhaps I did not combine the butter mixture enough with the quartered-Grands, since it just tasted like regular Pillsbury Grands to me. I also wondered whether I did not let the butter mixture boil down enough since there was a little bit of "butter soup" at the bottom of the skillet when I pulled it out of the oven.

I know this is a VERY SIMPLE recipe but I still managed to make it difficult. (Pampered Chef, not PERFECT Chef, right???):rolleyes: Thankfully, my hubby and my 1 year old seemed to enjoy it!

Anyone have any helpful hints on making the perfect pull-apart bread?

Thanks all!
Bridget

Last edited:
Anyone? :confused:

Help appreciated!

Garlic Pull ApartsDo you use a full stick of butter? Because I found that 1) it was soupy greasy at the bottom and 2) uncooked in the middle whenI used a full stick. I read here (somewhere) to only use half a stick of butter and that really helped.

As for the taste, I have always added pepper flakes, an extra garlic clove and a little bit of cheese to my garlic pull aparts. It gives them a little bite.

Good Luck!

I'm not a fan of extra butter so use about 1/4 of a stick of butter, no problem. 1 clove of garlic (or if you're like Mandy, go for two) and then a good sprinkle (1 tsp.?) of Italian Seasoning. I'm always most worried that they won't be done enough so I leave them in longer than 18 minutes. (just make sure you set/reset your timer) Good luck.

When it comes to doing the cinnamon bites, I pile on the sugar/cinnamon.

Ooooooh, I LOVE these! I also use 1/2 stick butter, and 2 cloves garlic, tsp of Italian seasoning, and some Parmesan cheese. I bake for 20 minutes. I always make these instead of breadsticks now when we have spaghetti-my girls love 'em! And what a hit at shows:D

Thank you all SO much. Cheffers ROCK! Your tips are so helpful. I am so glad to hear that it works well with LESS butter. I almost fell over when I started calculating all the fat! I will definitely try more garlic and more seasoning as well!

Years ago I had a pc show and the consultant made these. So I have been making them at home. But I use my bar pan to cook them instead of the skillet. I also use Pilsbury dinner rolls not the grand ones, I use about 1/2 stick of butter but a good amount of parm. cheese. I don't put the seasoning on them , just garlic. They come out great my whole family loves them.

I personally use I can't Believe its not butter spray-when I make these--not soupy or greasy--love them
s:D

I use 1/2 or 1/4 stick butter. I tried to double them in a larger skillet but the edges burnt and the middle wasn't close to being done. If you need more than one maybe use two different small skillets instead of one big one. What is the cinnamon recipe? Just cinn and sugar and butter?

gilliandanielle said:
What is the cinnamon recipe? Just cinn and sugar and butter?

Yep, just put in the amount of butter that you want and sprinkle with a mix of cinnamon (ours, of course) and sugar. You can put it in the flour/sugar shaker or mix in a prep bowl and take that to your show.

I don't have a ratio of sugar to cinnamon to give you. . .anyone out there have it written down? I go by the look of the mixture. Start with your sugar and add in the cinnamon (a little bit at a time) until it looks like you think it should look.

These have been quite a hit at my parties...but they haven't helped me sell any cookware yet:(

I use 1/2 stick of butter a small can of grands (5 count) 2 cloves of garlic and a good shake of seasoning and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. I sometimes make a second batch because they get gobbled up pretty quick!

HTH
Lisa

can these be made on the stone instead? i don't have the skillet yet, but would love to try these!!

I read some where that these were best with only the cheap flaky biscuts, not the grands..

they are so yummy.

LisaAnn said:
These have been quite a hit at my parties...but they haven't helped me sell any cookware yet:(
Lisa - don't forget the power of suggestion and saving money! Just because you haven't sold the cookware at the shows does not meant that they customers weren't thinking about how they could get it at a later date. Do those CC calls and ask if they wanted the cookware and would they like to host a show to get it for half price, etc.

What book is this recipe from? If I made these in the oven what temperature should I set this for? Sounds really good!!!!!!!! Thanks.

NOT in the muffin stone...I tried making these this evening in the muffin stone (those cinnamon/sugar muffins are in the all the best book, btw, page 72 or there-abouts) since I made the cinnamon/sugar ones in there successfully last night (well, except for the HUGE mess that dripped all down into the bottom of the oven, but I'll keep working on it).

The garlic ones were still completely raw on the bottom and middle (thought maybe they were just still soggy from the olive oil and butter mixture) and now I'm ill (ever eat raw biscuit dough? YUCK!). I ended up having one of my girls spread the rest of them out on the large bar pan and threw them back in the oven at 375 for another 12 minutes until they were cooked all the way through. WAY BETTER!!!!

Live and learn...LOL

Related to Question on Pull-A-Part Bread/Garlic Bites

What is Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites?

Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites are a delicious and versatile appetizer or side dish that is made by pulling apart pieces of bread or dough, stuffing them with garlic, herbs, and/or cheese, and baking until crispy and golden brown.

How do I make Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites?

To make Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites, you will need a loaf of bread or pizza dough, garlic, herbs, and cheese. Cut the bread or dough into bite-sized pieces, stuff each piece with garlic and desired toppings, and bake until golden and crispy.

Can I use different types of bread or dough?

Yes, you can use any type of bread or dough for Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites. Some popular options include French bread, sourdough, and pizza dough. You can also use gluten-free or low-carb alternatives for a healthier option.

What are some variations of Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites?

There are endless variations of Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites that you can try. Some ideas include using different types of cheese, adding meats or vegetables, or using different types of seasonings. You can also make sweet versions using cinnamon and sugar.

How can I serve Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites?

Pull-Apart Bread/Garlic Bites can be served as an appetizer, side dish, or even as a main course. They are great for parties, game nights, or as a quick and easy snack. You can also pair them with dips such as marinara sauce or ranch dressing for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • smilesarepriceless