1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about advestering on Facebook

1. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

I am doing a vendor event on November 7th, and the lady in charge is letting people know that she is doing this event and she put on there that Pampered Chef will be a vendor there.

That is all she wrote.

That is okay right ? ? ?

She didn't mention me, my website, or even pc website.

Just wanted to make sure that was okay.

I think it is but needed to ask

:chef:

Oct 27, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

It should be okay.

Oct 27, 2009
  3. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

I hate that we can't advertise on our Facebook profile (or other social networking site). I think that as long as it's private, who cares? You're advertising to your friends anyway. I don't have anywhere on my fb profile that I am a pc consultant, but I have so many friends and family who ask me questions or book shows through it that it's unavoidable that it's going to be known. So I think you're fine. Even if she did put your name, you didn't.

Oct 27, 2009
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I think its fine!

Oct 27, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

That's fine, as long as you are not listed as the consultant.

Many people have mentioned that "if it's private it doesn't matter" but that's not the case. HO has indicated that it is absolutely against the rules to say "I am a consultant" online, or to post PWS links.

Oct 28, 2009
  6. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

Can you tell me where I can find this info on CC or in the Consultants guide? I belong to a couple of social networking sites like this one and I want to make sure i don't break any rules.

Just reading the past couple of posts it doesn't seem to make sense that I can't say "I'm a consultant" when in fact I AM a consultant. And if I can't post my PWS how are people supposed to find it? i know that rules are rules so if that is what it says then fine but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Oct 28, 2009
  7. chefann

It's on pages 37 and 38 of the consultant policy guide.

Additionally, I sent a query to HO several months ago about a consultant-only group on Facebook. HO indicated to me that such a group was against policy because it amounted to an online list of consultants (the moderator of the group validated consultant status before allowing people to join, and the list of members was public within FB).

Oct 28, 2009
  8. What about posting recipes for friends and family. I don't say anywhere that I'm a consultant, they already know I am.

Oct 28, 2009
  9. chefann

That's a grey area. HO does give us recipes to share, but if you link to the corporate site or use pics from HO, that's a no-no.

Oct 28, 2009
  10. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

Thanks chefann for copying the info. I could have looked it up but thanks. Also the facebook group you are talking about is still there, it is completely private until you are verified as a consultant. So the list of members isn't public. but that might not be the same group you are talking about.
    And doesn't those rules make this group illegal? We aren't verified to be consultants, we sell things to each other all the time and anyone can see the posts even without membership.

hmmm. well like i said rules are rules. Hopefully that will be something to change a bit since communication is becoming more and more electronic every day. It seems like the rules are very old fashioned so that we have to advertise ourselves by word of mouth and posting flyers and doing booths which is too bad because we could connect with soo many more people if we were allowed to do so online.
    For example, I have family and friends all over the country and hardly any where I live. We don't email each other we use facebook and other chat rooms but according to the rules I can't advertise on facebook or even tell people I'm a consultant on facebook.

Oct 28, 2009
Have something to add?