• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook and othe social networks

Triciascucina

Mar 28, 2007
My director had posted her website on facebook and I let here know it was a no no. She was not aware of this so she said she would check it out. this what she was told by HO.

"I found out that they are in the process of reformulating their policy to accommodate for social networking sites, but they are not complete yet. For now we can cannot "link" to social networking sites. But I think we can still mention Pampered Chef....just not link the site"

So looks like soon we will be able to use our social network sites for picking up out business.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
My director had posted her website on facebook and I let here know it was a no no. She was not aware of this so she said she would check it out. this what she was told by HO.

"I found out that they are in the process of reformulating their policy to accommodate for social networking sites, but they are not complete yet. For now we can cannot "link" to social networking sites. But I think we can still mention Pampered Chef....just not link the site"

So looks like soon we will be able to use our social network sites for picking up out business.

THANK YOU for that wonderful little bit of info!:thumbup::sing::thumbup:

mrshamel3808

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2009
Yes, I talked to my director about it a while back and she said that she know from the higher-ups that they were revising the policies as well! I'm SOOOO excited!!! I do most of my business (PC and non-PC) online, either through FB or e-mail. I rarely use the phone. At first my director was really pushing and encouraging me to get over my phone-phobia but just recently she said "you know, if you can get over it, that'd be great, but you seem to do just fine doing things through e-mail, FB and text so keep it up!"

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
With this bit of happy news in mind, I'd guess they are trying to pull together some kind of announcement for NC. Can't think of a better place or time to let us know.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Bring earplugs for that one then! (for the screaming at NC ;))

Last edited:

ChefMary412

Advanced Member
Mar 28, 2008
Bring earplugs for that one then!

It took me a minute to get what you meant here.. at first I thought you were unhappy about it and didn't want to hear it.. haha... then I got it.:D Slow tonight. My brain is on school vacation week mode.
Yes, it will be giant YAHOO! :thumbup:

lesliec

Veteran Member
Mar 31, 2010
I am excited about this one.

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
We'll probably hear at NC if they are changing the policy. WAHOO! :sing:

Rosebud

Dec 10, 2009
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
Maybe they'll get a page on FB.

ChefGwendolyn

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
Happy happy joy joy!!! Doing my happy dance!

chefcharity

Advanced Member
Oct 27, 2008
Yeah, at director express, Karin, said that as long as we have our FB set to Friends only and did not link our website, then we would be ok. We were all REALLY excited to get the ok. I'm sure there will be more at NC, but I was happy with that for now!

Jan 29, 2009
It has taken a long time for this to happen. I have heard from other Direct Sales Consulatants that they are encouraged to use their social networking sites to advertise and promote their business. Very happy to hear that PC is catching up with the times. Now if we can get them to come up with a gadget that will clean-up after dinner. LOL

ChefCat

Jan 29, 2010
My neighbor has her own direct selling company, she attended a seminar where they taught that a company should do 50 hours a month on social media networking and advertising. 50 hours!!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Yeah, at director express, Karin, said that as long as we have our FB set to Friends only and did not link our website, then we would be ok. We were all REALLY excited to get the ok. I'm sure there will be more at NC, but I was happy with that for now!

Wow...did not know that! I'm going to FB right now!

Laura4

Jan 7, 2010
So let me get this straight, we soon will be able to link our business on facebook to our website??

Will we soon be able to advertise on free classified sites too??

smspamperedchef

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 24, 2007
Sooo....with that in mind..... is this FB page 'legal'? Login | Facebook
UH, definitely not!!! This seems to be open to anyone that does a search. Keep in mind that original policy still stands so any advertising is not legal til we hear word from H.O.

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
So let me get this straight, we soon will be able to link our business on facebook to our website??

Will we soon be able to advertise on free classified sites too??

We don't know yet what we'll be able to do (or when).

I started the original speculation that if changes are going to be made, they'll announce this at National Conference. It would be a big deal (I guess, I don't use Facebook or any social networking sites) and this would seem the right time to make an announcement.

However, it might not be until next year at National Conference or some other time. They are reviewing the policies but we have no way of knowing how close HO is to a resolution.

Aug 18, 2009
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*
Wanted to check if you were able to accomplish your goals? if so how did you do it? I have sent my sight on Directorship by November 1, 2010.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views