1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about 10+ year old product

1. Hey guys, I had a show where a guest came with an older ice cream scooper that was leaking and the metal was corroding from the liquid inside. She doesn't have a reciept. She said that the product had a lifetime warranty back then. I'm 2+ months new at this and am not sure how to go about this any advice? PLEASE!!

P.S. I was kind of bugged by the fact that she just complained to me in front of everyone at the show. I 've been wondering if it affected my sales any.

Mar 22, 2009
  2. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Are you sure it was leaking? Mine was put through the dishwasher and sounds like what that one looks like. Regardless of what might of happened to hers or of any lifetime guarantee (they didn't have). Just refer to the back of the sales receipt, that says they must have their reciept. Give the customer the 1-888 number to have the client get an explanation since, tell her "I am new and want to make sure I'm giving you the correct information".

Don't worry about your show. I'm sure there's a "complaining bitty" at many shows, and her friends know her.

3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Give her the number that's on the back of the catalog for lifetime guarantee questions. 800-808-5395. Or have her call customer service.

And feel free to use your newness relative to the age of the product as an excuse. I still do that when customers bring items that are really old. I tell them, "That product hasn't had a lifetime guarantee in the 7 years I've been representing PC. And I'd hate to give you misinformation. So here's the phone number to Home Office. They have really nice customer service reps who will be more than happy to help you."

Mar 23, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I say pretty much the same thing as Ann. As for the lifetime warranty, many people think that all PC has a lifetime warranty or used to have it. It will do no good to argue with them. Let the HO handle it.

Mar 23, 2009
  5. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I know, I get that alot from guests! :eek: Even a former consultant who was at a show told her freind as they were sitting there, that All products had a LT guarantee!:grumpy:

Mar 23, 2009
  6. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

ugh.... some people!

Mar 23, 2009
  7. Thanks for the advice, I didn't think much could be done without a reciept but wanted to check before I gave her an answer.

Mar 23, 2009
  8. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

She is probably going to need her receipt, too - that's a good point. Especially because HO has been cracking down on receipts for lifetime guarantee items to cut down on people who buy things at garage sales filing for replacements.

Mar 23, 2009
  9. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

a good friend of mine admitted she did this with tupperware products..... found broken ones at garage sales to have replaced....... and had a PC item I know I haven't sold her... I went out of my way to get it replaced for her- because she is a friend but I just have to wonder sometimes how we are taken advantage of.

Mar 23, 2009
  10. raebates

That's exactly why they're insisting on proof and asking questions. If anyone complains I ask them if they've ever tried to return something at Walmart, Target, or William-Sonoma without a receipt.

Mar 23, 2009
  11. heat123

OH TARGET is the worst with returning, even with a receipt sometimes!:grumpy:

Mar 23, 2009
  12. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I love target's return policy We don't need a receipt,, you just tell them method of payment and they look it right up. I love their system

Mar 23, 2009
  13. raebates

Clearly it depends on your Target. Lol! However, none of those places will give you a refund 10 years after you've purchased something.

Mar 23, 2009
  14. heat123

Definitely!

Mar 23, 2009
  15. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I'm new to this (1 month) but I already learned a tip from a friend of a friend. If every consultant did it it would eliminate problems like this. This lady had a PC wedding shower 6-7 years ago and got the whole set of stainless cookware. Well, recently one of the pans warped somehow and the lid wasn't fitting properly, but she didn't have her receipt. So she called the consultant that did her wedding shower and the consultant kept all her records from every show she did so she (the consultant) was able to call the HO and get her a replacement pan!

Thankfully I heard this tip while I still had all my receipts from the 2 shows I did so I'm now filing them away for situations like this!

16. raebates

Please don't worry about keeping hard copies from all of your shows. Your computer program will help you find any item purchased through you and you will be able to print off a new receipt. Plus, the HO can find the product if the customer knows the state and the host.

If you keep hard copies from each show you'll soon be buried in paperwork.

Apr 5, 2009
Have something to add?