• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About 10+ Year Old Product

pans, bowls, spoons, etc. and thought she was covered. Guess what? No. Not even a little bit. She called and talked to a rep and they said that since it was a PC product and it had a lifetime guarantee on it, she needed to bring in her reciept. If every consultant did it it would eliminate problems like this. Definitely!I'm new to this (1 month) but I already learned a tip from a friend of a friend. If every consultant did it it would eliminate problems like this. This lady had a PC wedding shower 6-7 years ago and got the whole set of stainless... pans, bowls, spoons, etc. and thought she was covered. Guess
PamperMeDawn
Hey guys, I had a show where a guest came with an older ice cream scooper that was leaking and the metal was corroding from the liquid inside. She doesn't have a reciept. She said that the product had a lifetime warranty back then. I'm 2+ months new at this and am not sure how to go about this any advice? PLEASE!!

P.S. I was kind of bugged by the fact that she just complained to me in front of everyone at the show. I 've been wondering if it affected my sales any.

Are you sure it was leaking? Mine was put through the dishwasher and sounds like what that one looks like. Regardless of what might of happened to hers or of any lifetime guarantee (they didn't have). Just refer to the back of the sales receipt, that says they must have their reciept. Give the customer the 1-888 number to have the client get an explanation since, tell her "I am new and want to make sure I'm giving you the correct information".

Don't worry about your show. I'm sure there's a "complaining bitty" at many shows, and her friends know her.

Give her the number that's on the back of the catalog for lifetime guarantee questions. 800-808-5395. Or have her call customer service.And feel free to use your newness relative to the age of the product as an excuse. I still do that when customers bring items that are really old. I tell them, "That product hasn't had a lifetime guarantee in the 7 years I've been representing PC. And I'd hate to give you misinformation. So here's the phone number to Home Office. They have really nice customer service reps who will be more than happy to help you."

I say pretty much the same thing as Ann. As for the lifetime warranty, many people think that all PC has a lifetime warranty or used to have it. It will do no good to argue with them. Let the HO handle it.

raebates said:
I say pretty much the same thing as Ann. As for the lifetime warranty, many people think that all PC has a lifetime warranty or used to have it. It will do no good to argue with them. Let the HO handle it.

I know, I get that alot from guests! :eek: Even a former consultant who was at a show told her freind as they were sitting there, that All products had a LT guarantee!:grumpy:

heat123 said:
I know, I get that alot from guests! :eek: Even a former consultant who was at a show told her freind as they were sitting there, that All products had a LT guarantee!:grumpy:

ugh.... some people!

Thanks for the advice, I didn't think much could be done without a reciept but wanted to check before I gave her an answer.

She is probably going to need her receipt, too - that's a good point. Especially because HO has been cracking down on receipts for lifetime guarantee items to cut down on people who buy things at garage sales filing for replacements.

chefann said:
She is probably going to need her receipt, too - that's a good point. Especially because HO has been cracking down on receipts for lifetime guarantee items to cut down on people who buy things at garage sales filing for replacements.

a good friend of mine admitted she did this with tupperware products..... found broken ones at garage sales to have replaced....... and had a PC item I know I haven't sold her... I went out of my way to get it replaced for her- because she is a friend but I just have to wonder sometimes how we are taken advantage of.

That's exactly why they're insisting on proof and asking questions. If anyone complains I ask them if they've ever tried to return something at Walmart, Target, or William-Sonoma without a receipt.

raebates said:
That's exactly why they're insisting on proof and asking questions. If anyone complains I ask them if they've ever tried to return something at Walmart, Target, or William-Sonoma without a receipt.

OH TARGET is the worst with returning, even with a receipt sometimes!:grumpy:

I love target's return policy We don't need a receipt,, you just tell them method of payment and they look it right up. I love their system

Clearly it depends on your Target. Lol! However, none of those places will give you a refund 10 years after you've purchased something.

raebates said:
Clearly it depends on your Target. Lol! However, none of those places will give you a refund 10 years after you've purchased something.

Definitely!

I'm new to this (1 month) but I already learned a tip from a friend of a friend. If every consultant did it it would eliminate problems like this. This lady had a PC wedding shower 6-7 years ago and got the whole set of stainless cookware. Well, recently one of the pans warped somehow and the lid wasn't fitting properly, but she didn't have her receipt. So she called the consultant that did her wedding shower and the consultant kept all her records from every show she did so she (the consultant) was able to call the HO and get her a replacement pan!

Thankfully I heard this tip while I still had all my receipts from the 2 shows I did so I'm now filing them away for situations like this!

mrshamel3808 said:
I'm new to this (1 month) but I already learned a tip from a friend of a friend. If every consultant did it it would eliminate problems like this. This lady had a PC wedding shower 6-7 years ago and got the whole set of stainless cookware. Well, recently one of the pans warped somehow and the lid wasn't fitting properly, but she didn't have her receipt. So she called the consultant that did her wedding shower and the consultant kept all her records from every show she did so she (the consultant) was able to call the HO and get her a replacement pan!

Thankfully I heard this tip while I still had all my receipts from the 2 shows I did so I'm now filing them away for situations like this!

Please don't worry about keeping hard copies from all of your shows. Your computer program will help you find any item purchased through you and you will be able to print off a new receipt. Plus, the HO can find the product if the customer knows the state and the host.

If you keep hard copies from each show you'll soon be buried in paperwork.

What is the warranty for a 10+ year old product?

The warranty for a 10+ year old product will depend on the specific product and its date of purchase. Generally, our products come with a limited lifetime warranty, but this may not apply to older products. We recommend contacting our customer service team for more information.

Can I still use a 10+ year old product?

We do not recommend using a 10+ year old product as it may no longer meet our safety and quality standards. We continuously update and improve our products, so using an older product may not provide the best experience or results.

How do I know if a 10+ year old product is still safe to use?

We cannot guarantee the safety of a 10+ year old product as it may have been subject to wear and tear and may no longer meet our safety standards. We recommend replacing older products with newer ones to ensure the best and safest cooking experience.

Can I still purchase replacement parts for a 10+ year old product?

Unfortunately, we may no longer have replacement parts available for a 10+ year old product. We recommend contacting our customer service team to see if any parts are still available or to explore purchasing a newer version of the product.

Do you have any special offers for customers with 10+ year old products?

We do not have any special offers specifically for customers with 10+ year old products. However, we occasionally have promotions and discounts available for all customers, so we recommend keeping an eye out for any upcoming deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texaschef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • floccies