• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Queen Meagan's Jewlery Show: Creative Ideas Shared!

In summary, the conversation discussed ideas for getting guests involved and engaged during jewelry shows, including using them as demos, handing out products to them, and offering incentives and cross-selling opportunities. There was also discussion about the potential issue of handling products that will be used to make food during the show.
feather18
Hey !! I dont know where this should go, so i would put it here!

I went to a Premier Jewlery show last night. it was ok, not like our shows.. but then it was my first one, that was not PC. anyway she did something kind of cute and i thought i would share, and see if yall had any ideas to go along with this!

Ok, well she pretty much used the crowd as her Demo. she had us all pick a peice of jewlery, and she would go around the room and say, ok so and so has on.. and blah blah.. and i thought of passing out our product that we use in the demo, to the crowd and when we need it say "the person with the measure all cup come up!" and have them help. Because i have the hardest time geting them involved.

Ok another thing was she had the Host come up to the front with her, and explained the host benifits, but she had it on a cute clip board with an order form that had in big black marker FREE and HALF OFF.. and she said that everything she gets will be free or 1/2 off.. and it had a pretty ribbon on it.. and she gave it to her as a gift.. then she had BIG money bucks, and it was kind of like her incentive, and she had so many there she got so much in bucks.. and then she had more and showed them and said if she gets 3 bookings tonight she will get this too!

and then she put a tierra on her and told us we HAD to call her Queen Meagan.. and i thought it would be cute to get a chef hat and call the person Chef.. SO and So.. !

ok that is what i got out of the party!:p

that is a really good idea...I especially like your idea of handing out products to them.

Do you want lots of people man-handling your tools you are going to use to make the food in the demo? Or maybe just pass around items and talk about them that you aren't specifically using in the demo.If I was using our spatulas and was passing them around, i would have to wash it again before using it on the food!

sailortena said:
Do you want lots of people man-handling your tools you are going to use to make the food in the demo? Or maybe just pass around items and talk about them that you aren't specifically using in the demo.

If I was using our spatulas and was passing them around, i would have to wash it again before using it on the food!

Yeah i guess that is true!

You could start the show by passing the suds pump and a towel and making everyone wash their hands.

chefann said:
You could start the show by passing the suds pump and a towel and making everyone wash their hands.
Even with that I think some people would not want to eat food prepared with products that were handled. I like the idea but would only use things that were not used in the recipe. How about passing things that would cross-sell with what you're using??

BethCooks4U said:
Even with that I think some people would not want to eat food prepared with products that were handled. I like the idea but would only use things that were not used in the recipe. How about passing things that would cross-sell with what you're using??

HHHMMM...now this has me thinking...I have to agree with the not wanting something made with products that were handled...but I just wanted to add Beth I really like your idea of passing out Cross-Selling items....

Beth's always got great ideas! And maybe doing cross-selling will make a guest think of something they have from the catalog that you didn't bring... and we all know that if the guests talk about it, then someone will buy it!

Maybe pass out slips of paper w/the product name on it and then have them come up. Some people really don't want to come up though! I give out tickets to people who help at my shows. Everyone gets one when they come in, but others get them for getting involved in the show. Maybe you could give them tickets when they come up and then if they don't want to they can give their product to another person in the room.

pampchefrhondab said:
Maybe pass out slips of paper w/the product name on it and then have them come up. Some people really don't want to come up though! I give out tickets to people who help at my shows. Everyone gets one when they come in, but others get them for getting involved in the show. Maybe you could give them tickets when they come up and then if they don't want to they can give their product to another person in the room.
Passing out slips with the product names is a good idea but getting the actual product in their hands is so much more powerful. I always invite everyone to come up and play with my products AFTER the demo, assuring them that I wash everything before the next show.

pampchefrhondab said:

What do you use the tickets for that you give each person, etc?

vogee13 said:
What do you use the tickets for that you give each person, etc?

Sorry, I should have explained that. I purchased a roll of tickets from WalMart (huge roll - I think less then $10). They have numbers on them one says "keep this coupon" which I give the customer and the other I put in a SS bowl. They each get one when they come in the door and I explain it's for a door prize. Then when I start my demo I ask, "Does anyone want to try this chopper?" Usually nobody does, but then I say, "You will get 3 tickets for the drawing if you try it." Then usually someone will say, "Sure, I'll try it." Or I'll say, "Does anyone want to help me?" etc. I don't let them touch any of the food though.

At the end of the show I have a drawing of the tickets for a small prize, like SB, Quick Cut Knife, etc. If it's a very large show I may give out something nicer (like a large cookbook - won in my shopping spree). Then I'll tell them what they are playing for!:D I gets them more involved.

Sometimes you can joke - depending on the crowd. If they are talking you can say, "Now I'm going to take away your ticket(s) just like teachers do when you're talking." I usually don't do that until someone in the crowd or the host says something to them about talking. This usually gets a laugh out of the crowd.

If you're new to the business it's very hard to remember to keep passing out the tickets. You can ask the host to help you though. You can also give them out for people who give you a great tip. Just anything that gets them involved in the show.

This does not take the place of the drawing for the door prize slips - I have two drawings.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Related to Queen Meagan's Jewlery Show: Creative Ideas Shared!

1. What is "Queen Meagan's Jewelry Show: Creative Ideas Shared!"?

"Queen Meagan's Jewelry Show: Creative Ideas Shared!" is an interactive event where Queen Meagan, a Pampered Chef consultant, shares creative ideas for using our products to display and organize your jewelry collection.

2. How long does the event typically last?

The event usually lasts about 1-1.5 hours, depending on the number of attendees and the level of participation. We want to make sure everyone has enough time to learn and share their own ideas.

3. Is there a cost to attend "Queen Meagan's Jewelry Show: Creative Ideas Shared!"?

No, there is no cost to attend this event. It is completely free, and we encourage you to invite your friends and family to join in on the fun and creativity.

4. Do I need to purchase anything during the event?

No, there is no pressure to make any purchases during the event. However, if you see a product that you would like to purchase, Queen Meagan will be available to assist you with placing an order.

5. Can I host my own "Queen Meagan's Jewelry Show: Creative Ideas Shared!" event?

Yes, absolutely! Queen Meagan is available to host events both in-person and virtually. Simply contact her to schedule a date and time that works for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • abell