• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Qualifying for Directorship Question....

In summary, you need 4 active lines, 2 of which must be SC or above. $750 in personal sales and $4000 in cluster sales are required to become an active director. You will be paid as director on your 5/8 commission check, but will not officially promote until May 1st. The celebration party will be held when #2 submits their first show and the policy guide is clarified.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So far this month, I have 7 consultants who've submitted shows (6 lines)....

Okay, so say I have a consultant who is active this month, and signs a recruit....but the recruit won't submit anything until next month. Does that make me a Director on April 1st, or do I have to wait until May 1st?

Trying not to get too excited until I can figure this all out....

Two of your first line consultants (not one) must have a recruit...making them a Sr. Consultant. I do believe their recruits have to be active (have sales). I am almost there...just missing one second line recruit.

You need:
at least 4 lines to submit shows
2 of these lines have to be SC (C & SC both have to submit in same month to make the SC)
$750 in personal sales
$4,000 team sales

I think that's it

I already have 1 Sr. Consultant (actually TL) - that's why I have 7 submitting, but 6 lines.

So far for this month:

$3050 in personal sales (with 2 more shows to submit)
$6200 in Cluster Sales
7 active consultants
1 Sr. Consultant (or above)

So again- if I have a consultant who signs a recruit this month, but the recruit won't submit a show until next month...will I be a director Apr. 1st, or May 1st?

My question really isn't a matter of "if" - it's "when"!:D

OK, so the Policy Guide says you need 4 active lines, 2 of which must be SC or above. According to the PG, this is the definition of an active line:

What is a line?
When you personally recruit someone, you start a new line. When your personal recruit brings on a new Consultant, the line continues.

What makes a line active?
A line is active when at least one person in the line is active, that is, submits at least $150 in personal commissionable sales in that month.

SC definition is this:

SENIOR CONSULTANT
Promotion and Maintenance Requirements
Each month:
• Be active yourself
• Have one active Consultant (direct or indirect)

So, I would say you're director once #2 submits her first show, because #1 won't be a SC until then. After that, as long as one of them submits something, it's considered an active line, unless #2 doesn't do it for 2 months in a row and then #1 loses SC status.

So you'll officially be a Director May 1st, but paid as in April.

When's the celebration party?

If she does not submit this month, you will not promote Apr 1st. Think that's your question.

If you meet all the criteria again for Apr...you'll be paid as D on your 5/8 commission check, but won't officially promote until May 1st.

Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
If she does not submit this month, you will not promote Apr 1st. Think that's your question.If you meet all the criteria again for Apr...you'll be paid as D on your 5/8 commission check, but won't officially promote until June 1st.Is that what you meant?
Yes - that was my question. (but it's a He :))But wait - you mean that if In April I have:4 active lines
2 Sr Consultants
$750 in personal sales
$4000 in cluster sales -I STILL won't promote in May? Really? Every single month for about 10 months, I have met every requirement except the 2nd Sr. consultant....and it's STILL not going to happen. Gheesh.

NooraK said:
OK, so the Policy Guide says you need 4 active lines, 2 of which must be SC or above. According to the PG, this is the definition of an active line:

SC definition is this:

So, I would say you're director once #2 submits her first show, because #1 won't be a SC until then. After that, as long as one of them submits something, it's considered an active line, unless #2 doesn't do it for 2 months in a row and then #1 loses SC status.

Ahhh.....didn't look up far enough!

See - this is what I was thinking.

Believe me - as soon as it's official - I'll be throwing a PARTY!

I think Laurie just mistyped June instead of May.

NooraK said:

SC definition is this:

In order to be paid as director at least 2 downline recruiters and one of both of their recruits must all submit sales of at least $150 and 2 others must also submit ("others" include indirect recruits even if their recruiter doesn't submit that month). The "active line" doesn't help the director unless both submit. Everyone has to "perform as" in order to be "paid as" - SC status is earned every month. There is no grace month with that status. If a SC doesn't meet the requirements one month she is a Consultant until she does (she and one recruit submitting).

Here's an example:
Becky has Mary, Sue, Jane and Cathy as direct recruits. Mary has a recruit, Sandy; Sue has a new recruit, Judy who signed in March but didn't submit. Becky had 5 direct recruits submit in March and Mary & Sandy both submitted (1 SC line). Becky met the $750 minimum and the $4000 but because only 1 SC line submitted she was paid as TL.

In April Mary and Sandy both submit $150+ (1 SC line); Sue and Judy both submit $150+ (2nd SC line); Jane & Cathy also submit $$150+. With Becky's sales of over $750 the team total reaches at least $4000. Becky is paid in April as a director and her title becomes official on May 1.

CONGRATULATIONS BECKY!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

PS: Any month that there is not at least the combination above you will be paid as TL, SC or consultant.

NooraK said:
I think Laurie just mistyped June instead of May.

LOL! K, I've obviously have posted way too many times that Noora knows me, and knows I made a typo! ha ha

You are correct, I meant to type May. On my way to edit.

Thanks Noora. How I wish my brain was in sync with my mouth and fingers! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - that was my question. (but it's a He :))

But wait - you mean that if In April I have:

4 active lines
2 Sr Consultants
$750 in personal sales
$4000 in cluster sales -

I STILL won't promote in May? Really? Every single month for about 10 months, I have met every requirement except the 2nd Sr. consultant....and it's STILL not going to happen. Gheesh.

Sorry Becky! I meant May 1st. I am so excited....you've been doing the work of a D all along, and it's about time you get paid as one!

Looking forward to the celebration....think many cheffers will be heard around the world, wahooing your promotion!

Congrats Becky!I'm in the same boat, 6 personal recruits & 1 is a SC. Waiting on someone else to get a recruit so I can promote!!! :D I move to mainland Japan in July and will have to get all new business cards with the new phone number. Hopefully I'll have a new title by then too! My cards still say "Independent Consultant"! LOL

BethCooks4U said:
In order to be paid as director at least 2 downline recruiters and one of both of their recruits must all submit sales of at least $150 and 2 others must also submit ("others" include indirect recruits even if their recruiter doesn't submit that month). The "active line" doesn't help the director unless both submit. Everyone has to "perform as" in order to be "paid as" - SC status is earned every month. There is no grace month with that status. If a SC doesn't meet the requirements one month she is a Consultant until she does (she and one recruit submitting).

Here's an example:
Becky has Mary, Sue, Jane and Cathy as direct recruits. Mary has a recruit, Sandy; Sue has a new recruit, Judy who signed in March but didn't submit. Becky had 5 direct recruits submit in March and Mary & Sandy both submitted (1 SC line). Becky met the $750 minimum and the $4000 but because only 1 SC line submitted she was paid as TL.

In April Mary and Sandy both submit $150+ (1 SC line); Sue and Judy both submit $150+ (2nd SC line); Jane & Cathy also submit $$150+. With Becky's sales of over $750 the team total reaches at least $4000. Becky is paid in April as a director and her title becomes official on May 1.

CONGRATULATIONS BECKY!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

PS: Any month that there is not at least the combination above you will be paid as TL, SC or consultant.

THANKS! Beth. :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Sorry Becky! I meant May 1st. I am so excited....you've been doing the work of a D all along, and it's about time you get paid as one!

Looking forward to the celebration....think many cheffers will be heard around the world, wahooing your promotion!

That's okay, Laurie - blame it on the meds....that's what I'd do!:p

Sheila said:
Congrats Becky!

I'm in the same boat, 6 personal recruits & 1 is a SC. Waiting on someone else to get a recruit so I can promote!!! :D I move to mainland Japan in July and will have to get all new business cards with the new phone number. Hopefully I'll have a new title by then too! My cards still say "Independent Consultant"! LOL

LOL - you know exactly how I feel then, Sheila!

Mine still say "Independent Consultant" too....I never planned on staying in this place for long! :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL! K, I've obviously have posted way too many times that Noora knows me, and knows I made a typo! ha ha

You are correct, I meant to type May. On my way to edit.

Thanks Noora. How I wish my brain was in sync with my mouth and fingers! :D

Except now that you've edited, my post doesn't make sense! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
That's okay, Laurie - blame it on the meds....that's what I'd do!:p

ROFL...then the meds it is! :D

NooraK said:
Except now that you've edited, my post doesn't make sense! :D

Muah ha ha! J/K

I'm just totally messing this whole thread up! :yuck:

You and Becky quoted me, and I mentioned editing so you do make sense...it's me I'm questioning! Think I should step away from the keyboard. :D

See....anyone can suceed in this biz! Love it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhh.....didn't look up far enough!

See - this is what I was thinking.

Believe me - as soon as it's official - I'll be throwing a PARTY!

Don't forget to invite me!

JAE said:
Don't forget to invite me!

I just wish you were an official part of my team. :love:

Glad I'm not the only one is this boat! LOL...Becky and Sheila, I'm in the same spot! Last month my team gained it's newest recruit to give me my 2nd Sr. Consultant, only she signed on the last day of the month, so not active until now. Now, this month her recruiter isn't active since she just relocated to a new state!! Oh well, APRIL it will happen!!
Good luck to you both :)

If all goes well, I'll have my 2nd Sr. Consultant tomorrow - and will qualify to be a director in MAY!

Sheila said:
Congrats Becky!

I'm in the same boat, 6 personal recruits & 1 is a SC. Waiting on someone else to get a recruit so I can promote!!! :D I move to mainland Japan in July and will have to get all new business cards with the new phone number. Hopefully I'll have a new title by then too! My cards still say "Independent Consultant"! LOL

We'll have to party in Chicago and walk together. I've got 14 recruits and 1 sr. Got a couple new recruits that are excited about building a team so xx fingers that by Chicago I'll be walking with you guys!

Sheila said:
Congrats Becky!

We'll have to party in Chicago and walk together. I've got 14 recruits and 1 sr. Got a couple new recruits that are excited about building a team so xx fingers that by Chicago I'll be walking with you guys!

Congrats Becky! :DSorry JMT & Barb. :(My update ... 9 under me now ... 7 direct lines with one Sr. Consultant who has a Sr. Consultant. So I still don't have the structure for Director. :(Oh, and I won't make conference. :( We will be in the middle of moving from Okinawa Japan to Mainland Japan. And I have a trip home to Dallas in May, I can't justify spending the money to turn around & come back to the states 6 weeks later. But I'd LOVE to see some photos of all three of you girls walking across the stage!!! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
If all goes well, I'll have my 2nd Sr. Consultant tomorrow - and will qualify to be a director in MAY!

SWEEEEET!!! A pre-emptive Congrats!! :thumbup:

Sheila, JMT & Barb....it's coming. Can't wait to cheer for you three!

Thanks Laurie! I'm actually starting to think it's pretty funny! I have 2 more in the works. One who's lining up her shows to sign. Another one who's seriously considering it, wants to talk to her husband & try to make a decision before her show on Friday. Every time I get one that says she's ready to sign, I send her a list of names & ask if she knows any of the other girls! LOL So far, no luck! So I'm still holding out hope that one of my girls will recruit and get me to director. I'd love it if all 7 under me became Sr. Consultants & Team Leaders! :D

Sheila said:
Thanks Laurie! I'm actually starting to think it's pretty funny! I have 2 more in the works. One who's lining up her shows to sign. Another one who's seriously considering it, wants to talk to her husband & try to make a decision before her show on Friday. Every time I get one that says she's ready to sign, I send her a list of names & ask if she knows any of the other girls! LOL So far, no luck! So I'm still holding out hope that one of my girls will recruit and get me to director. I'd love it if all 7 under me became Sr. Consultants & Team Leaders! :D
That's funny - none of the people who sign on my team would know each other at all, because they come from all over the place. I have a couple consultants on my team who are working with people who have expressed an interest, but haven't signed. I have one who is signing this month, and she already has someone interested in signing under her...but this one was from out of the blue!
One of my new consultants did a party for her mom, and her mom's neighbor came, was so impressed with how relaxed and comfortable the show was (yea for my consultant...it was only her 2nd show!) and decided to sign. They were getting together last night to sign her up! SO - with all of my work and worrying...it just happened on it's own! :D:thumbup:

Super cool when it just happens, huh? :DI had 4 of my direct recruits with potential recruits. 2 potentials have fizzled out I think. One really wants to do it, but her hubby's not on board (and she'd be promoting my 1 SC to TL, so although I'd be super happy to see my SC promote and have the recruit on my team, it doesn't change my title). I'm still crossing my fingers that #4 pulls through before the end of the month and submits a show so that I'd change titles on May 1st!

Sheila said:

Getting those SC's are hard. I was had 14 direct recruits, 1 SC for MONTHS and MONTHS. It was so close, and yet so elusive! lol

Eventually, that second line came in and I slowly started getting others. Some months are tough trying to keep those SC lines active, but you just roll with it.

Congrats Becky! Looks like it's time to break out the champagne!!! Whoo Hoo!! :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Getting those SC's are hard. I was had 14 direct recruits, 1 SC for MONTHS and MONTHS. It was so close, and yet so elusive! lol

Eventually, that second line came in and I slowly started getting others. Some months are tough trying to keep those SC lines active, but you just roll with it.

That's exactly how it's been for me! I've had a TL/SC (she bounces back and forth) for a year....and EVERY month since last July, I've qualified as a director, except for that 2nd SC line! SO elusive!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's exactly how it's been for me! I've had a TL/SC (she bounces back and forth) for a year....and EVERY month since last July, I've qualified as a director, except for that 2nd SC line! SO elusive!

And frustratingly painful! lol I remember it so well. :yuck:

At long last, it looks like that promotion is coming Becky. Well deserved and much overdue. Just in time for NC! Yay!!!! We can walk that stage together. :D:thumbup:

Soooo, now I have another question.:D

With the new program, do we still get a call from HO asking us if we want to accept directorship? If so, when would it come? Next month when it's official?

So my 2nd girl is signing someone up before the end of the month and so they will be all submitting in may so I will promote june 1st and getting to walk at national conference. I am excited are you going to be doing the same Becky? It kinda sounds like it.

christinaspc said:
So my 2nd girl is signing someone up before the end of the month and so they will be all submitting in may so I will promote june 1st and getting to walk at national conference. I am excited are you going to be doing the same Becky? It kinda sounds like it.

WAHOOOO! Congratulations Christina! I'm working really hard to promote May 1st. I have everything in place - just need everyone to turn in the shows they're doing, so I have 4 lines, and 2 SC lines w/ both submitting!

We will be walking together :) awesome and I just signed a lady up today so at the end of this month I will have 10 in my downline I am so excited. YOu keep up the good work Becky it will happen :)

Congrats Christina! :DAnd you girls PLEASE laugh with me ... #10 just signed, still don't have the structure for Director! Two more took info about being a consultant at tonight's show AND the host is thinking about signing. You watch, I'm going to be the one with 20 consultants & still no Director structure! LOL

LoL Sheila, it will happen I gave my consultants a special just from me and I think that up and going. It is amazing how one jumped on that and 4 days later she signed up a gal and the other gal just accendently got a recruit and called me and she is still in her 30 days and says I don't know if I want to sign her up I don't know what to do lol so I said I will walk you through it.

But you know Sheila least you will have a solid line before they start recruiting I was looking at my numbers and 1/2 of them are within either the 30,60,90 days which kinda shocked me.

Me too girl! I only started recruiting in Aug. 3 have finished their 90 days. 3 are still in their 90 days, 4 are in their first 30 days ... but TWO of those are from the last 48 hours. Of the 10, 6 are qualified. :D 1 is close & would have qualified already, but had a death in the family and had to give up a show to a cluster mate to go home for the funeral. 1 has her first show tomorrow. And the 2 brand new ones have their kick off shows coming up on the 24th & the 2nd with other shows on the calendar too. So I have confidence that they will soon qualify as well. :D

Oh, with all the 30 day & 90 day lines under 7 of them, I now have a "page 2" of recruits! LOL

Sheila said:
Congrats Christina! :D

And you girls PLEASE laugh with me ... #10 just signed, still don't have the structure for Director! Two more took info about being a consultant at tonight's show AND the host is thinking about signing. You watch, I'm going to be the one with 20 consultants & still no Director structure! LOL

If all three do decide to sign, have the two sign under the host. Voila! Instant SC, and you're a Director (well, when the line is active).

Trust me, every time I have someone express an interest in signing, I list ALL the girls on my team! If they know ANY of them, I'll encourage them to sign under the one they already know. So far, no luck! They all tell me they don't know any of them. One said she "might" know one, but wasn't positive. When they saw each other in person, they chatted & agreed that they did used to work together, but neither one of them did the whole "hey, I know you!" thing right off the bat, so they were not close friends or anything. But I have hope that my day WILL come! LOL

1. Can I qualify for Directorship with only 6 lines of submitted shows?

Yes, it is possible to qualify for Directorship with only 6 lines of submitted shows. In order to qualify, you must have at least 6 active consultants who have submitted shows in the current month.

2. How many consultants do I need to sign up in order to qualify for Directorship?

In order to qualify for Directorship, you need to have at least 6 active consultants who have submitted shows in the current month. This means that they must have at least 1 show submitted in the month you are trying to qualify.

3. Can I qualify for Directorship in the same month that I sign a recruit?

Yes, it is possible to qualify for Directorship in the same month that you sign a recruit. However, the recruit must also submit at least 1 show in the same month for you to qualify.

4. What if my recruit doesn't submit any shows until the following month?

If your recruit does not submit any shows until the following month, you will not qualify for Directorship in the current month. Directorship qualifications are based on the current month's activity only.

5. When will I officially become a Director?

You will officially become a Director on the first day of the following month after you have met all the qualifications. For example, if you meet all the qualifications in April, you will become a Director on May 1st.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • stacywhitlow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • jwpamp