• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Accepting Directorship...when Would You?

so as long as you are going to keep working your business and not sit back because you've reached directorship then go for it!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - so here is where I am in regards to directorship:

2 Newly signed - both planning on qualifying this month for the rebate.
1 firmly active
2 reactivating this month after being inactive (one already has, but there is a problem with a CC# from her show, so it isn't showing up on my stats yet)
1 active, but not a personal recruit - won't count to promote, but does count once I promote.
2 possibly signing this month. (so far!:D)

So - technically, the #'s are there....and I could be ready to accept directorship October 1st - but I'm just not sure about it all of a sudden. Why am I getting cold feet? It's not PMS (seriously, I would consider that if the timing was right!) and it's something I've been working for...and now I'm just concerned it isn't enough. But then, if I wait, it may never be enough. I mean, Any of them could go inactive, and then I'd still be trying to get 5 active all at the same time. That has been the struggle all along - but how am I going to all of a sudden make sure they all stay active even if I do become a director?

Okay, I'm thinking outloud, and it ain't pretty....sorry for that

So, I obviously do not have experience with this, so I could be way off. I know there are great directors here who will have great advice for you. But, here is what I was thinking...

Is there a way you could talk to each of them and tell them about accepting directorship and what that means. You could ask them just to be honest with you about whether they think they will really keep going with the business. Do they want your support as a director? Tell them about how the benefits you receive will trickle down to benefits they receive, etc. It's not necessarily about the money, its' about the responsibility that you would take very seriously for their benefit.

I hear you Becky because I have been having the same thoughts filtering through my mind though I don't have as many on my team as you at this point. So what I've heard other directors say is 5 to accept directorship, 7 to be sure about directorship, and at least 10 to keep directorship. From what I've heard 10 is a nice solid number for sales and for those recruits that bounce back and forth from active to inactive. Of course you are going to keep recruiting so that will help and you will be entitled to home office leads (with 1250 in sales) and that will help too.

So, I'd say with those numbers (maybe at least 1 of the 2 possibles) go for it! I believe you have a 3 month grace period (Directors correct me if I'm wrong on this) to really get your business in order then there's even probation after that. I think that from the time that you accept you have a full 6 months before you can lose it so as long as you are going to keep working your business and not sit back because you've reached directorship then go for it! :D :thumbup:

One thing to note: If you plan to attend Director's Academy and you would like the $250 rebate you need to promote by 10/1 and fulfill all the regular requirements of director for your full first 90 days - ie. 5 active, $4,000 in sales, $750 in personal sales (or is it $1250 for this?). But you can do it! I was hoping to be there with you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :cry:

jcsmilez said:
I hear you Becky because I have been having the same thoughts filtering through my mind though I don't have as many on my team as you at this point. So what I've heard other directors say is 5 to accept directorship, 7 to be sure about directorship, and at least 10 to keep directorship. From what I've heard 10 is a nice solid number for sales and for those recruits that bounce back and forth from active to inactive. Of course you are going to keep recruiting so that will help and you will be entitled to home office leads (with 1250 in sales) and that will help too.

So, I'd say with those numbers (maybe at least 1 of the 2 possibles) go for it! I believe you have a 3 month grace period (Directors correct me if I'm wrong on this) to really get your business in order then there's even probation after that. I think that from the time that you accept you have a full 6 months before you can lose it so as long as you are going to keep working your business and not sit back because you've reached directorship then go for it! :D :thumbup:

One thing to note: If you plan to attend Director's Academy and you would like the $250 rebate you need to promote by 10/1 and fulfill all the regular requirements of director for your full first 90 days - ie. 5 active, $4,000 in sales, $750 in personal sales (or is it $1250 for this?). But you can do it! I was hoping to be there with you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :cry:

I KNOW! That is the biggest reason why I would love to promote Oct. 1st! I want to go to the DA in October....and be reimbursed for my travel to get there! I'm only 3 hours away...but I would LOVE to take the Amtrak instead of driving.:D (I've always wanted to do that!)

JAE said:
So, I obviously do not have experience with this, so I could be way off. I know there are great directors here who will have great advice for you. But, here is what I was thinking...

Is there a way you could talk to each of them and tell them about accepting directorship and what that means. You could ask them just to be honest with you about whether they think they will really keep going with the business. Do they want your support as a director? Tell them about how the benefits you receive will trickle down to benefits they receive, etc. It's not necessarily about the money, its' about the responsibility that you would take very seriously for their benefit.

HA! If I could get them all on the phone to talk to me, I would do that!:rolleyes:

I have sent out an email to let them all know how close we are to becoming our own cluster...and that once we are there, we can begin holding our own cluster meetings at my house (3 of them live over by you, and 3 live closer to me - all of them live quite a distance from our current cluster meetings.). I've told them about some of my ideas for training and some things I'd like to do as a cluster...and I've actually had some good response. The one who just turned in a show to reactivate, I hadn't heard from since April!:eek: She also emailed me to ask how close we were now, and to ask for a couple more catalogs for this weekend for a show!:thumbup:

Becky D. If I knew your full name (middle included) I would have typed that!!

You are ready...You are just letting doubt creep in and second guessing yourself. STOP! You will continue to share the business opportunity with others after you accept Directorship and you will be so excited about acheiving your goal that it will flow out naturally in your shows, your caual conversations, your Host coaching calls, CCC, etc. As someone already stated, you will receive Leads through HO and best of all...you get to go to DA with ME ;):):D in October!

I will exhort you more tomorrow when I call you :)

I want to be the first to CONGRATULATE you!

chefruthie said:
Becky D. If I knew your full name (middle included) I would have typed that!!

You are ready...You are just letting doubt creep in and second guessing yourself. STOP! You will continue to share the business opportunity with others after you accept Directorship and you will be so excited about acheiving your goal that it will flow out naturally in your shows, your caual conversations, your Host coaching calls, CCC, etc. As someone already stated, you will receive Leads through HO and best of all...you get to go to DA with ME ;):):D in October!

I will exhort you more tomorrow when I call you :)

I want to be the first to CONGRATULATE you!

You don't know my last name?

I'll tell you tomorrow!:D Middle name is Joy.

Okay Ruthie - I'll just let you exhort away tomorrow!:D And I'll tell you about my Volcano Cake from tonight!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
You don't know my last name?

I'll tell you tomorrow!:D Middle name is Joy.

Okay Ruthie - I'll just let you exhort away tomorrow!:D And I'll tell you about my Volcano Cake from tonight!:thumbup:

Of course I know your last name, I just like the sound of Becky D! Is your first name Rebekah or Rebecca?
I'm going to bed so I can get a good nights sleep so I will be exhorting away tomorrow. :) Can't wait to hear about the cake :thumbup:

Congrats on being so close. I guess it's kind of like having a child, if you wait until you're financially ready, at the right place in you're life, prepared emotionally...you'll never have one, because you're never fully ready. So, why wait on this either? Does that make sense?? What I'm saying is, go for it. It's obvious you have put a lot into your business to have those numbers, so why not reward yourself for all your hard work. Just keep a consistent show schedule and keep recruiting and you won't have any problems maintaining!! Good luck making a decision...oh, and I hope to see you walking at conference!

chefruthie said:
Of course I know your last name, I just like the sound of Becky D! Is your first name Rebekah or Rebecca?
I'm going to bed so I can get a good nights sleep so I will be exhorting away tomorrow. :) Can't wait to hear about the cake :thumbup:

I couldn't imagine you didn't know my name.....:rolleyes:

It's Rebecca. When I was younger, I tried to get everyone to spell it the other way, but they wouldn't cooperate. I also tried to get them to call me Bekah, or Becca.....couldn't make that happen either. Now, I like Becky - so I guess it all worked out for the best!

I'm going to bed too! 'Night!

You can do it Becky!!! We are going to DA in October so we can meet. I feel the same way as you sometimes. Right now I have plenty of recruits but I am waiting on them to qualify. I worry about keeping enough too because not all of them are super active. You will keep recruiting and building your team. I think my biggest worry is being there for my downline and still maintaining my show schedule.

cincychef said:
You can do it Becky!!! We are going to DA in October so we can meet. I feel the same way as you sometimes. Right now I have plenty of recruits but I am waiting on them to qualify. I worry about keeping enough too because not all of them are super active. You will keep recruiting and building your team. I think my biggest worry is being there for my downline and still maintaining my show schedule.

LOL - I feel like I mostly want to promote quickly so I can go to DA in October with all of my Cheffer Buddies!:D Isn't that crazy?

And I know what you mean! I have 2 recruits just starting out, and spent alot of time working on stuff with them today....and felt like I hadn't prepped enough for my own show this evening.

BUT - it was fun working with them too!

GO FOR IT BECKY! I am so happy for you! I know how hard you have been working to get to this point and am so proud of you.

Becky- you just do it, girl! You're right. New Directors get a grace period for meeting requirements (they have to meet them to get overrides, but they won't lose Directorship). You're on such a roll that you WILL use that grace period to sign more consultants and have some breathing room.

You will learn SO MUCH at NDA, especially about continuing to grow your team. It is an incredible boost...you are trained by the best (Doreen and her team).

As a new director, you receive a 3 month grace period and then it takes another 3 months of not meeting the requirements before you loose your directorship. Don't let fear or uncertainty hold you back. NDA will help you understand how to get the most out of the tools HO provides directors.

And you will have us watching your back (both here and on DCS). :)

Wow that is great Becky !!

Accept it! From what I understand and have heard - its so much harder to loose directorship then it is to get it! We all know you can do it! Go for it! One of my favorite sayings in this business is - You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Congrats to you!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - so here is where I am in regards to directorship:

2 Newly signed - both planning on qualifying this month for the rebate.
1 firmly active
2 reactivating this month after being inactive (one already has, but there is a problem with a CC# from her show, so it isn't showing up on my stats yet)
1 active, but not a personal recruit - won't count to promote, but does count once I promote.
2 possibly signing this month. (so far!:D)

So - technically, the #'s are there....and I could be ready to accept directorship October 1st - but I'm just not sure about it all of a sudden. Why am I getting cold feet? It's not PMS (seriously, I would consider that if the timing was right!) and it's something I've been working for...and now I'm just concerned it isn't enough. But then, if I wait, it may never be enough. I mean, Any of them could go inactive, and then I'd still be trying to get 5 active all at the same time. That has been the struggle all along - but how am I going to all of a sudden make sure they all stay active even if I do become a director?

Okay, I'm thinking outloud, and it ain't pretty....sorry for that

Becky! I'm excited for you.... I think you have the power to motivate and inspire these ladies. I have been around six months and many many times you have been there to answer my thousands of questions. You so have it in you to lead! I hope you woke up today feeling stronger and your feet are warmer.

Do it Becky! You will be a fantastic director.

Becky~

Do it!

You know it is WAY HARDER to get directorship than it is to KEEP it!

Keep your focus on recruiting and be excited about recruiting to all of your team so your entire team will continue to GROW and you build it wide AND deep!

Becky!

It it much harder to achieve directorship than to lose it.

Never wait! If you have 5 qualified personally recruited TAKE IT! That starts you off with 6 with your downline recruit. Make it a big deal with your team that you are now a TEAM! They joined with you and look to you as their leader so now you are! Celebrate with them and then urge them to recruit too - tell them all the benefits of directorship and help plant the seed in them. Then be a good example and keep recruiting yourself!

As a new director you actually have 9 months before you could lose it. New directors get a 3 month grace period, then there's 3 months of relinquishment and then 3 months of repromotion. If you have 3 months in a row that you don't meet the 3 requirements ($750 personal, $4000 team sales - inculding yours, 5 active recruits - that means recruited by you or your downline - they don't even have to be qualified yet) you go into repromotion but guess what? If you meet all 3 in one month you are back at full directorship.

Oh Becky, I'm so excited for you! Like the others have said, I've always heard it's harder to lose it than to get it. I'm sure once I'm in your position, I'll be wondering too!
You will be an awesome director!

Thanks fellow Cheffers!

I feel much better about it this morning. I think last night I'd had a weird show, and was feeling the effects of that. I was tired and thinking (rambling) out loud - and that is just never good.:rolleyes:

I really appreciate knowing that I have you guys for support! What would I do without you? I just saw a post saying that you can't build relationships through email - but I think that you are all proof that you can! I never would have thought it possible to make such great, diverse, and real friendships on a chat site - but it's happened here!

Love you all!:love:

Awww, shucks.

We love you too!! This site wouldn't be the same without you and all the help and ideas that you share!!

KellyTheChef said:
Awww, shucks.

We love you too!! This site wouldn't be the same without you and all the help and ideas that you share!!

And we can't wait for you to join us over on DCS too!! :love:

Man, I wasn't online until now, otherwise you KNOW I would have chimed in sooner.You already know my answer...I've been telling you it since January. This is your year!!!! It is time! God will provide the means for you to keep it.You are constantly recruiting which will continue to grow your team. Teach your team to be recruiters and you are all set! Also, remind/teach your part-time/hobbyists to be recruiters too. Even if they don't want to be a director, you will be there to support their recruits. Make them feel comfortable with that right away. My first recruit, I was there fully for her, but she was pretty much a kit-napper. Took tons of training then fizzled. I have a potential recruit now which I can devote some time to but not as much as I would like so I will use my director's time for that. I'm not going to stop recruiting because I am busy for 1 month - it's not about me, it's about THEM!

Go for it Becky! You'll be a great Director!!!

UMMMM, ditto, ditto and ditto ditto.
What they all said, you will be great!
Of course, just like when you first started as a consultant there will be some struggles, worries and confusion. But there is plenty of us to help you along.
Just a reminder...
It is harder to get Directorship than it is to maintain it!

Also, look at you sales. If you can carry the team requirement yourself, it does alleviate some stress.
Keep working, we wouldn't be having this conversation if you weren't ready and good at what you do!
Congrats!

Well, there you go, Becky. Do it! I can't wait to join in on your meetings. Can we demo recipes so I can eat? JK!:)

You'll be a great Director!!!

Just do it!

You WILL BE a GREAT Director Becky! :)

You are going to be great! You care and have such great ideas! Go for it.

JAE said:
Well, there you go, Becky. Do it! I can't wait to join in on your meetings. Can we demo recipes so I can eat? JK!:)

Of course, she's putting you in charge of food and demos while she plans other things. :p;)

So are you convinced yet?;)

I'm thinkin all of our convincing put her over the edge!??? lol

Hey Becky!!

Don't you just LOVE all the support on here??? It is so GREAT!!!!!! I am with everyone else on this! GO FOR IT!!!! If you are working your business you will have NO PROBLEMS at all keeping Directorship!

NDA is AMAZING!!!!!!! I went in May (I promoted May 1st) and it was the BEST thing I could have ever done for my business! So how perfect to promote October 1st and then go straight there. It will be exactly what you will need to gain the confidence in yourself and your ability to lead others.

I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced!

Now - I just need to get them all qualified and active by Sept 30th.....:thumbup:

You can do it!:)

I personally think it is harder to keep directorship because if you only have 5 and 2 go inactive or quit, then you lose it....so my opinion is make sure you have at least 8-10 team members- that way if any one or more go inactive you won't get the dreaded letter. Again, only my opinion!

You can do it, Becky!

Just so long as you are working your business (6-8 shows a month) you will have NO trouble! You do worry alot in the beginning, so a cushion is always nice, but don't let that slow you down.

I would recommend checking in with each team member as often as possible. Leave encouraging messages that you are cheering them on. Follow up with postcards in the mail or emails, which ever you think is most impacting, and more importantly really highlight all they will be getting by qualifying.....$100 pc bucks for sales and another for doing the 4 shows, 3 months of the website FREE, commission check...ect.

It is good also to have your goal in from of you so you can see it all the time. I had my goal at the bottom of my email and so EVERY time I sent an email I saw it, kind of like on this post :). Then customers, friends, and even team members would comment on it and show their support. Even on days I didn't think I could do it, I knew I was too far into to quit now.

I bought my plane ticket for NDA before I qualified too, that really motivated me to not give up!!!! Keep us posted!

Last edited:

1. Can I become a director if I have 2 newly signed consultants who are planning on qualifying this month for the rebate?

Yes, if they both qualify for the rebate this month, they will count towards your director requirements.

2. Can a firmly active consultant count towards my director requirements?

Yes, a firmly active consultant can count towards your director requirements.

3. Can reactivating consultants count towards my director requirements?

Yes, as long as they were previously active and are now reactivating, they can count towards your director requirements.

4. Can an active consultant who is not a personal recruit count towards my director requirements?

No, only personal recruits count towards director requirements. However, once you become a director, this consultant will count towards your team's overall sales.

5. Should I accept directorship if I have enough consultants to qualify, but am getting cold feet?

Ultimately, the decision to accept directorship is up to you. It's important to consider your current team's activity and potential for growth. Remember that even if you wait, there is no guarantee that all of your consultants will remain active. It's important to have a solid plan in place to ensure your team's continued success. Consider talking to your upline or fellow directors for advice and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • stacywhitlow