• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Q&A: Adding Chicken to a Recipe

In summary, before adding chicken to a recipe, it is important to properly prepare and handle it by washing, drying, and seasoning it. While fresh chicken is recommended, frozen chicken can also be used if properly thawed. The cooking time for chicken can vary, but it is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Chicken can also be substituted for other types of protein in a recipe, but be mindful of potential differences in cooking times and seasonings. Leftover chicken from a recipe can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen for longer storage.
amya
Has anyone ever added chicken to this? And if so, when did you add it?

I haven't tried to add chicken, but I would imagine it would be good. you could mix it with the beans or shread it and sprinkle it over the sour cream/cream cheese layer. Yum!

Anyone tried to make this in the new Cranberry Baker? Am thinking of doing this for a reajlly big group.

Trish

Trish1953 said:
Anyone tried to make this in the new Cranberry Baker? Am thinking of doing this for a reajlly big group.

Trish
I would use something that is not too deep because the layers may be too thick in the new baker. I double the recipe in the Deep Dish Baker, but you may even get a triple recipe in there if you try!

I actually went ahead and made it with chicken at my show on Saturday. I used the canned chicken to show the can opener and the can strainer and put it between the cream cheese layer and the cheddar cheese layer. Very very yummy.

When I double the recipe I use the regular size oval baker (not the small one)
and it turns out perfect! Chicken sounds yummy and I bet hamburger would be good too!!!

I have a friend that made it with hamburger, & said it was good:)

I double it and use the deep dish pie stone.

Related to Q&A: Adding Chicken to a Recipe

Question 1: How should I prepare the chicken before adding it to the recipe?

Before adding chicken to a recipe, it is important to properly prepare and handle the chicken to ensure it is safe to eat. This includes washing the chicken with cold water, patting it dry with paper towels, and trimming off any excess fat or skin. Additionally, you can marinate the chicken for added flavor or season it with your desired spices.

Question 2: Can I use frozen chicken in a recipe?

While fresh chicken is recommended for best results, frozen chicken can also be used in a recipe. It is important to properly thaw the chicken before adding it to the recipe. This can be done by placing the frozen chicken in the refrigerator overnight or by using the defrost setting on your microwave.

Question 3: How long does it take for chicken to cook in a recipe?

The cooking time for chicken can vary depending on the recipe and the size and type of chicken used. In general, boneless chicken breasts can take 20-25 minutes to cook, while chicken thighs may take 30-35 minutes. It is important to always use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.

Question 4: Can I substitute chicken for another type of protein in a recipe?

Chicken can be substituted for other types of protein in a recipe, such as beef, pork, or tofu. Keep in mind that different proteins may have different cooking times and may require different seasonings for optimal flavor. It is also important to note any potential allergies or dietary restrictions when making substitutions.

Question 5: How should I store leftover chicken from a recipe?

Leftover chicken from a recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It is important to properly cool the chicken before storing it and to reheat it to an internal temperature of 165°F before eating. Leftover chicken can also be frozen for longer storage, but it may affect the texture and flavor when thawed and reheated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Kristin B