• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe be Adapted for a Pumpkin Roll?

In summary, the recipe calls for a box of spice cake mix, 2 cups of pumpkin, and 3 eggs. The recipe was easy to follow and resulted in adorable mini fluted cakes.
mbh06
Silver Member
I just wanted to thank whoever posted the recipe for the spice cake mix that used a can of pumpkin and 3 eggs. I just made it and it is wonderful!!! Very easy and I do not like pumpkin, normally. I made it in my mini fluted and put the totsie rolls and green icing and they are adorable. I am taking them to my show on Tues. and wanted to thank you for the great recipe. If you haven't tried it I suggest it!!
Melissa

I am going to make them in Nov! Can't wait to taste test them! They sound yummy!

Hmmm could you share that recipe please

bbauman07 said:
Hmmm could you share that recipe please

1 box spice cake mix
2 cups= 1 15oz can pumpkin
3 eggs

Melissa,
Did you make the Mini Fluted cakes in your microwave?? Or oven??

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Melissa,
Did you make the Mini Fluted cakes in your microwave?? Or oven??

Thanks,
Lisa

The mini fluted pan wont fit in a micro wave

can you give a more detailed recipe? I am kinda kitchen-clueless

I bought a spice cake box from I think Duncan Heinz, put in one can of 15oz. pumpkin, and three eggs. I mixed it together, put into the mini-fluted stone and I baked it for 20mins. @ 350 F(until a toothpick comes out clean). I let it cool then fliped it over and let it cool completly. Then I melted the smaller tootsie rolls for about 9 secs. in the microwave over shaped them to look like stems and made little vines on the sides w/ green deco bottle icing. They are adorable and even look pumpking colored.
I have never seen a microwave that stone would fit into!

The recipe is in All the Best as well

Do ya'll think this would make a good cake for a pumpkin roll if i baked it in the large bar pan?

What are the ingredients needed to make Pumpkin Spice Cake?

The ingredients needed for Pumpkin Spice Cake are flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and chopped pecans (optional).

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Cake?

Yes, you can substitute some of the ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Cake. For example, you can use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, or almond extract instead of vanilla extract. You can also omit the chopped pecans if you prefer.

How long does it take to bake Pumpkin Spice Cake?

Pumpkin Spice Cake typically takes 40-45 minutes to bake in a 9x13 inch pan. However, baking times may vary depending on your oven, so it's important to keep an eye on the cake and use a toothpick to test for doneness.

Can I make Pumpkin Spice Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Pumpkin Spice Cake ahead of time. You can bake the cake and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to thaw it before serving.

What toppings or decorations can I add to Pumpkin Spice Cake?

Some popular toppings and decorations for Pumpkin Spice Cake include cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, caramel sauce, chopped nuts, and pumpkin seeds. You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dusting of powdered sugar for added flavor and presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
  • pamperedpnina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • winklermom