• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pronouncing Kristine: KrisTEEN or KrisTIN?

In summary, I met this guest once and followed up with her to book a show for next week. Her name is spelled Kristine and I've been pronouncing it KrisTEEN. I got to thinking when I made her invites that I really don't know if it's pronounced KrisTEEN or KrisTIN. She has never corrected me but I just feel weird. What do you think? What would be a polite way to ask her if I end up asking?I would just straight out ask her, "You know, I'm not sure if I've been pronouncing your name correctly this whole time...is it KrisTEEN or KrisTIN? I would hate to be saying it wrong all through
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I met this guest once and followed up with her to book a show for next week. Her name is spelled Kristine and I've been pronouncing it KrisTEEN. I got to thinking when I made her invites that I really don't know if it's pronounced KrisTEEN or KrisTIN. She has never corrected me but I just feel weird. What do you think? What would be a polite way to ask her if I end up asking?

I would just straight out ask her, "You know, I'm not sure if I've been pronouncing your name correctly this whole time...is it KrisTEEN or KrisTIN? I would hate to be saying it wrong all through your party!"....or something like that...

Well I'd think with that spelling that you are pronouncing it correctly. And probably, if you were wrong, she'd have corrected you.

Oh and yeah, what Kathy said. I was typing that but then couldn't think of a good suggestion so I deleted that part LOL I was just going to say to ask her in a lighthearted way next time you talk to her!

:) I think you are probably pronouncing it correctly, also.

I know many people named KrisTEN and it's either "Kristen" or "Kristin". Never I have seen it spelled "Kristine". The silent "e" at the end makes the "i" a long vowel.

mrshamel3808 said:
I know many people named KrisTEN and it's either "Kristen" or "Kristin". Never I have seen it spelled "Kristine". The silent "e" at the end makes the "i" a long vowel.

One would think, but phonics doesn't always play by the 'rules' - there are exceptions, and names especially can break them. (ie. the word "pristine" - you'd think the last i would be long- but it's pronounced "EEN" )

I've never seen it spelled that way either, but I'd just ask her- like some of the others mentioned in the earlier posts. At least you'll know.

I'm not a good phonics person. I hate when I don't know how to say someone's name it is so akward.

I have a host that looked like her name was Tonya on her drawing slip & have been calling her that--no correction. Then got an e-mail from her and it was signed Tanya. OOps.

Imagine as a teacher, how many strange and crazy names I've seen. What were some of these parents thinking? At least spell the name like it sounds. The poor child has his/her name butchered for life. I'd say is Kristeen. That is the pronunciation of my friend. But, ask. It wouldn't hurt.I currently work with a Dr. Weiner, Mrs. Dinger, and Mrs. Dyck. Imagine telling those names to a bunch of 10 year olds.

I'm with everyone else. You're probably pronouncing it correctly, but if you're really unsure just ask.I have a host whose name is Koren. That's not a typo. How would you pronounce it? It's "cor-IN." I have another host whose name is spelled Tania and pronounced "tanna."

I have asked people how they say their name or in this case "I just realized I might be pronouncing it wrong what do you prefer". She hears both I'm sure and many people just deal with it and answer to whatever. Usually they say that it doesn't matter but I prefer to say what they like and I know they appreciate it. What I have run into is people who give me their name and then everyone at the party calls her something totally different. Then I just say now you guys have me confused so don't be surprised if I don't know what to call you! They always laugh and always forgive me if I don't remember what to call her - if I truly have a blank I say "our host".

flemings99 said:
I'm not a good phonics person. I hate when I don't know how to say someone's name it is so akward.

I have a host that looked like her name was Tonya on her drawing slip & have been calling her that--no correction. Then got an e-mail from her and it was signed Tanya. OOps.

Barb, usually Tanya is pronounced as Tonya, so only your spelling is wrong.

I agree, with everyone else, it's probably pronounced Kris-teen. However, there's nothing wrong with asking to be sure. I once sent out invitations for my host, using her return address. When I got to the party everyone laughed at me, because when they received the invitations they didn't understand why Terry would write Terri on the envelopes!!:rolleyes::)

This is a funny story, forwarding from email - so I have not validated if it's true or not, anyone care to find out? *I checked on snopes.com and it's listed as "undetermined"*
This child spells her name Le-a. So, how would you pronounce her name?Leah? No.Lee-A? Nuh-uh.Lay-a? Not even.Lei? Nice try, but guess again!This child attends school in Yonkers, New York. Her mother is irate because everyone pronounces her child's name wrong! She says it is pronounced 'Le-dash-a' (luh-dash-uh).!!
When the mother was asked how in the world she figured it should be pronounced that way she said, and I quote:"Cause the 'dash' don't be silent!"

So, if you see this name come across your desk, please remember to pronounce the 'dash'. And, if anyones axe you why dat be, tell dem 'Cause the dash don't be silent'!

And the mom is La-s stupida

lockhartkitchen said:
And the mom is La-s stupida

LOL.....uh...yeah!

We have an abcde at one of our elementary schools. I wouldn't have believed that one on the list if I hadn't had a teacher friend tell me it was true.

First time posting :)

I am KristIN...pronounced "kris-ten"
You would be surprised how many people mess that up! I've gotten everything from Kristina to Kristine, even Christian! I think you're most likely saying it right, and I'm sure if it bothered her she would've already said something.

My neice's name is Kristin also and it's pronounced IN, not een. I would just ask her. Say you don't want to mispronounce her name in front of her friends and just apologize for the confusion.

I called on of my hosts the wrong name in front of everyone. My ears still get red when I think of that. I was mortified.

I did find out it was KrisTEEN like I thought.

Related to Pronouncing Kristine: KrisTEEN or KrisTIN?

What is the correct pronunciation of "Kristine"?

The correct pronunciation of "Kristine" can vary depending on personal preference and regional accents. However, the most common pronunciations are either "KrisTEEN" or "KrisTIN".

Is "KrisTEEN" or "KrisTIN" the more common pronunciation?

Both "KrisTEEN" and "KrisTIN" are commonly used pronunciations for "Kristine". It ultimately depends on the individual's preference or regional dialect.

Is there a correct or incorrect way to pronounce "Kristine"?

No, there is no correct or incorrect way to pronounce "Kristine". Both "KrisTEEN" and "KrisTIN" are acceptable pronunciations.

How do you personally pronounce "Kristine"?

As an AI, I do not have a personal preference for pronunciation. I am programmed to recognize and respond to both "KrisTEEN" and "KrisTIN" as correct pronunciations for "Kristine".

Are there any alternative pronunciations for "Kristine"?

Some may pronounce "Kristine" as "Kris-TEEN-ee" or "Kris-TIN-ee". However, these pronunciations are less common and may be influenced by regional dialects or accents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies