• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Promoting Your Business Without Attending Conferences

In summary, although it is not required to be successful in this business, attending conference can be very helpful in gaining the big picture and valuable information that you need to succeed.
amy07
Ok, so I have heard all the great benefits of attending conference. But what if you just can't do it (afford the trip and/or schedule childcare, etc)? I would like to hear from any of you guys that have promoted WITHOUT having had the benefit of all that comes from attending conference. I know that I can't be the only one that just can't swing it, but yet I still want to be encouraged that I can succeed in this business.

I've been lucky in that I have been able to go. But, to let you know that you can do it, I saw a woman there last year who had on a 6-year button, a Director ribbon, and a 1st Time Attendee button. So you CAN promote and stick with it even if you can't go.

Conference gives you the big picture and lots of great information and networking but the drive has to be in your heart even with that. If you are determined to make this business work then devour every bit of training you can and use it. Have fun and make it about them (recruits, hosts, guests).

Anyone can succeed even without conference. Set a goal and reward yourself with a future conference! Put a little money away each month or do and extra show each month and put the commission from that show away to pay for it. As your kids get older it will be easier to manage the trip too.

Ihave been doing P/C for 15 mths now. I went to conference last yr and it really puts you on a high to get the business going. I'm going this yr and can't wait.

I went last year... it really help me decided what I needed and wanted from this business... It also gives you great ideas....the one thing that I did last year... is right after I came home I joined conference club that really cut down on my money that I had to come up with for conference!!

honestly, it's not all $$$ - I could use PC $ to pay for conference- but I'd still have airfare & hotel - the biggest issue is childcare. But I'm guessing that there have not been too many of you on here that have promoted that have not gone, or atleast you guys haven't posted. REALLY need some encouragement.

amy07 said:
honestly, it's not all $$$ - I could use PC $ to pay for conference- but I'd still have airfare & hotel - the biggest issue is childcare. But I'm guessing that there have not been too many of you on here that have promoted that have not gone, or atleast you guys haven't posted. REALLY need some encouragement.
{{{{hugs}}}} Amy, if you want it and you share from your heart, you CAN promote without conference. There's something about being there and seeing the big picture but it is not REQUIRED to achieve your dream.

Make your goal and break it into small steps. Get in on all the training you ARE able to do and SHARE. Have fun. Tell your story and that of others. Make it about THEM. You will promote! Have faith in yourself!!

thanks Beth - should've gone to you first!!

I promoted to Director before I went to conference for the first time. If Directorship is in your heart and a goal of yours, strive for success and you can make it happen. Although I highly recommend going to conference for the experience (It's really unexplainable, or hard to put into words the powerful and motivational feelings you get there), if it's not in your cards, let it be. Don't focus on why you can't go, focus on what your going to do in the upcoming months to help you achieve your goals instead. Then, the next time around, you will have more money in your pocket and possibly even a new consultant status and attending conference will be that much more feasible for you. And like Leah said, sign up for conference club as soon as it's available. Even if you can't go the next time around, you will have pre-planned and they give you the money back in a paycheck if you don't use it.

A large chunk of my downline attended Leadership this past January and due to personal reasons, I was not able to attend this year. I was feeling a bit down about it and little left out of the loop. I comitted to working my business extra hard the week that they were gone so that way I felt like I was getting something out of that week as well even if I couldn't be there.

This business is what you make of it, and if you want to promote, then you will! Just keep up all your hard work and let your focus be on your goal and how your going to get there.

Good luck, you can do it!

I signed up in January of 2006 (after Leadership), did my first show in late Feb/early March, recruited a couple consultants in my first month and havent stopped. Did not go to Conference in July, but I promoted September 1st.

I was/am self motivated though... I think if you want it and know how to get it, you'll do it regardless. :)

Plus, if you're anything like me... knowing that my cluster & Director was at conference made me work extra hard at getting out of my comfort zone to have "something to show" when they got back. I took every opportunity to get on the phone and MAKE stuff happen by the time they got back.

Pampered Laura said:
I was/am self motivated though... I think if you want it and know how to get it, you'll do it regardless. :)

I AM motivated, just not sure how to get there, but I have been listening to training CD's and watching all DVD's I can get my hands on. AND at my last show I really talked about the opportunity alot (that was a first for me). I'm also having to break out of my comfort zone - it is scary, but I have my eyes set on a goal and know that is the only way to do it.

Ok, ok, ok, pity party is over. But I really want to hear from those of you that have been successful still!!:)

The way to get there:
Recruit & Qualify 5 consultants by putting yourself outside of your comfort zone. Get over the whole "what if they say no" stuff and get after it no matter what. :D

That's probably not Training CD wording, but that's the gist of it. Its a numbers game. If you're "asking" (are you really asking, or are you "just mentioning") 100 people per month (6-8 shows with 10-15 people per show), you WILL have 1-2 new recruits per month. At least. ;)

thanks Laura

Do you know if any of your higher-ups are having a Step Up to Director Training any time soon? I did go to conference last year & it tremendously helped my bookings, show average, etc., but my recruiting didn't improve. But I went to the Step Up with my NED a couple of weeks ago, and I've realized what I was doing wrong with recruiting, etc. I am also now working with my director one-on-one. So maybe training other than conference would help??? Good luck!

You definitely can do it without going to conference. You are listening to tapes and watching DVD's. Get a bunch of your fellow consultants together to talk about them and get silly and excited and you'll have your own mini-conference. It's really the energy flowing around that makes conference what it is. The info is found in the tapes and through others and on this website. If you have excitement for your business, that's great! I will go this year b/c it was fun and a nice get away from home. I understand that not everyone can easily make arrangements for their children though. Luckily, my husband is able to take off if I need him too and my daughter has one Grandma who is a teacher so has summers off. If that weren't the case, it'd be MUCH harder. If it can work for you, great. It's fun and informative and gets you energized. If it doesn't work, there is absolutely NO reason that you can't succeed. It's fun, but doesn't do the work for you. Keep listening to the CD's and watching the DVD's. Have fun and keep asking. Good luck!!

You are plugged into this group which is a huge help - Hopefully some good note takers will post after conference. They are not allowed to share until after Wave 3 if I understand correctly.
I always order a CD or training DVD with each supply order. I think I am starting to run out of selections.
Also always take advantage of the training available on Consultant's Corner
I am a newbie to conference - This is my first year but I am still nervous about the expense.

At our cluster we all share whatever info we get from conference that way consultants who don't go still get all the tips and help of conference. We try and go to all seminars available between us and then share the advice around, take copies of handouts and generally share notes. This is really helpfull for anyone who cant go to conference.

amy07 said:

Not conference isnt' required but for me personally I made a goal last year after I signed that I would go. I couldnt' aford it last year but I made it happen. But I wasnt' married and I was a single mom so I was leaving my daughter with family for a week... not excatly what I had in mind. It took me until Feburary of this year to really decide what I wanted to do with my business I went to confernce and I took lots of notes... I was a bit overwhelmed wasnt' sure hwo to apply them to my business.... it's like a fish in wanter that is floundering.. that was me till Jan of this year... and I got my but kicked..... I went inactive... now in the past three months with coaching calls from my director weekly I have trippled my bookings and my career sales....all I did was by a lot of cd's and dvds from the supply order form and made goals.. so you dont' have to go to confernce and promote!! I hope that helps!!!

((((HUGS)))))

1. How can I promote my Pampered Chef business without attending conferences?

There are several ways to promote your Pampered Chef business without attending conferences. You can utilize social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to showcase your products, share recipes, and connect with potential customers. You can also host virtual cooking parties or home parties to introduce your products to friends, family, and their networks. Additionally, you can join online networking groups or forums related to cooking or home-based businesses to promote your business.

2. Is it necessary to attend conferences to be successful in my Pampered Chef business?

No, attending conferences is not necessary to be successful in your Pampered Chef business. While conferences can offer valuable networking opportunities and training sessions, there are many other ways to promote and grow your business. Utilizing social media, hosting virtual or in-home parties, and joining online networking groups are all effective ways to promote your business without attending conferences.

3. How can I make my virtual or in-home parties successful?

To make your virtual or in-home parties successful, it's important to plan and prepare in advance. Choose a theme or focus for the party, such as healthy cooking or holiday recipes, and create a menu and shopping list for attendees. Utilize Pampered Chef's resources, such as recipes and product demonstrations, to showcase the versatility and quality of our products. Encourage attendees to invite friends and offer incentives for hosting or placing orders at the party.

4. Can I use social media to promote my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, social media is a great tool for promoting your Pampered Chef business. Create a business page or account on popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Share high-quality images and videos of your products, recipes, and cooking demonstrations. Engage with your followers by responding to comments and messages, hosting giveaways or contests, and sharing valuable cooking tips and advice.

5. Are there any networking groups specifically for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, there are several networking groups specifically for Pampered Chef consultants. These groups can be found on social media platforms, such as Facebook, or through Pampered Chef's consultant community website. These groups offer a supportive and collaborative environment for sharing tips, advice, and success stories with fellow consultants. They also provide opportunities for networking and cross-promotion with other consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
pcchris