1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Problem sending newsletter!

1. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Has anyone had a problem sending out their Tasty Tidbits newsletter using Gmail??? I had no problem at all sending the Outlet email, but everytime I try to send my newsletter email I am either told that an email address containing **** can not be recognized OR the email says that it's sent and then comes right back rejected as if it's spam. I don't get it! I sent the Outlet email to the same group of contacts and everything went smoothly the first time. Does anyone understand why this is happening?
    Thanks!

Sep 5, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There's a link to the subscriber's email (yours) that gets messed up in the newsletter. If I remember (I haven't sent this month's newsletter yet, so it's been a month since I had to fix it), I think it's the one in the customer service area. It's not an error you'd see unless you view the HTML that creates the note.

Sep 5, 2009
  3. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Thank you! But I must tell you, I am not the most computer literate person. Could you further explain in a little more detail how to go about fixing this problem. Sorry to be so difficult. Thanks again!

Sep 5, 2009
  4. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

I didn't realize this had happened... I fixed the code, so if you want to re-download it, it should merge the email address cleanly.

Sep 5, 2009
  5. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Thank you Joy! :) :)

Sep 5, 2009
  6. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Joy, I was able to send the newsletter without it being regected, but all my emails from my mailing list did come back to me. Apparently Gmail thinks I am sending spam! Any idea what I can do to get around this. I only have about 88 people on my mailing list. I was able to send the Pampered Perks with no problem! Thank you!

Sep 7, 2009
  7. PampChefJoy

It may be because the content in the full newsletter is triggering the spam alert... the full newsletter is alot longer than the Pampered Perks. How many people are you sending to at a time in Gmail?

Sep 7, 2009
  8. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

I have 89 people that I email the newsletter to. I understand what you are saying about there being a lot of content, but I did send the newsletter out last month and I didn't have any problems.

Sep 7, 2009
  9. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Try dividing it up into smaller batches.

Sep 7, 2009
  10. PampChefJoy

Sep 7, 2009
  11. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Thank you for the help! I will try it in smaller batches and see what happens.

12. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

YAY!!! It worked! Thanks so much for the help!

Have something to add?