• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No One Is Reading My Newsletter!

In summary, the author is not sure what is happening, but last spring they had more than half of their subscribers read and now they are down to 66 and only getting about 15% read. They have tried several different companies (i-contact, etc) and think it may be the delivery. They also think that others are having a similar problem. They use Tasty Tidbits and tweak it a little here and there for their personal preferences, but it is frustrating to have low numbers of people reading them. The author offers some helpful hints, but says it is very discouraging to see low numbers of people reading them. The author recommends getting out there and making calls, as well as using a service like Joy
Jewel
Gold Member
I'm not sure what's happened. Last spring I was sending 97 out and had more than half of them read. Now I'm down to 66 on my subscribe list and only getting about 15% of them read. I have tried several different companies (i-contact, etc) thinking maybe it was the delivery. Do you think they are getting into spam folders? Or is anyone else having a similar problem? I use Tasty Tidbits and tweak it a little here and there for my personal preferences, but I'm so frustrated. Anyone have any helpful hints? Thanks for letting me rant.

I feel the same way. It's very discouraging to see low numbers of people reading them. All I can offer you is the same thing I tell myself...get out there, make calls, get bookings. That will lead to FRESH contacts, increase my numbers and hopefully make a difference. The lack of response definitely reminds me why it's important not to waste too much time fretting over flyers/newsletters. Get and maintain a service like Joy's Tasty Tidbits or Mike's Myemaildesigns.com, or whatever and save yourself the stress and time. Replace it with time making calls.Everywhere I go and shop at these days, the clerks ask for my email address. I'm giving out and getting lots of businesses newsletters, coupons, promotions, etc. It's very overwhelming.I can see how people are just seeing my name come in their inbox and probably either delete it or miss it. Some open it if they are curious about things, and those are people that I should call in the next few weeks. (Not let them know that I am tracking who sees my newsletter..just make it a customer care call.)But it is important to keep sending them out...it keeps your name in front of your customers. They'll know you're still in the business and ready should they need you.

can you put a return memo in outlook to see if they read them?

I have over 3000 people on my enewsletter and have a read rate of about 25% each month. People get busy, they don't take time to read and really, the newsletter is a numbers game.
Do you ask guests at your shows if they would like to be on your list? I do 8-10 shows/month and usually add anywhere from 50-100 new email addresses to my list/month.

The new year is a great time to be making phone calls to touch base - say "happy new year and how were your holidays? I'm going through my mailing list and just wanted to make sure you are getting my newsletter and still want to stay on my mailing list. Are there any special types of things you'd like to see in my newsletter? More recipes or tips? Do you check out the Outlet specials? Would you like to know when your favorite "must-buy" item goes on sale?"
Just dial dial dial - sales is always a numbers game and if you increase your contacts, you will increase your chances of success.

DebinIA said:
I have over 3000 people on my enewsletter and have a read rate of about 25% each month. People get busy, they don't take time to read and really, the newsletter is a numbers game.
Do you ask guests at your shows if they would like to be on your list? I do 8-10 shows/month and usually add anywhere from 50-100 new email addresses to my list/month.

I agree with this! Ask everyone for their email address. That way you are reaching more people!

How do you know your % rate of people reading your newsletter? I also have TT and didn't know that was something I could track.

Pat it depends on what you're using to send out the newsletter. I use Benchmark Emails.com and it sounds like Jewel used iContact. Both of these services track your open rate. Mine also track if people click links and what they looked at. I love having that service!! Before I always used to wonder.

Thanks everyone, I think I just needed to hear that it wasn't just me! I am actually using VerticalResponse. Its way cheaper than any of the others and I really like it a lot. Very similar to I-contact.

Don't forget...sometimes those percentages are 100% accurate. I don't have hard examples, but there have been a few times when it looked like my percents were low, but it was just something with the reporting- like the recipient's email wasn't sending back the tracking info to i-contact, so it didn't see they opened it. As long as it isn't costing you (whether you send 40 or 100), keep sending them until they unsubscribe. Eventually, they may be looking for you and they'll know how to find you.It could also be good to evaluate what you are sending. Do they get much value from the newsletter? (like recipes...I always add a second or third recipe, so it's not all about sales and "have a show!")

Keep sending the e-mails, and don't get discouraged. I think it's best to let people know you are still in the Pampered Chef business even if they aren't reading the newsletters. Keep your name in front of them.JAE

This thread has inspired me to clean my list. I currently have 999 people on my newsletter list, but usually only about 200 or so ever open the email. This will probably take me several months, but I plan on calling everyone else. I will call the bounce backs and the unopens. I want to make sure I'm hitting the people I want to hit and the people who do want to receive it are getting it.

I think everyone gets busy and forgets about it. I mention my news letter when I talk to my contacts as much as possible.

1. Why are my newsletter open rates so low?

There could be a few reasons for low open rates. It's possible that your subject line is not engaging enough to entice readers to open the email. It's also important to consider the frequency and timing of your newsletters. If you are sending too many emails or at inconvenient times, subscribers may be less likely to open them. Additionally, make sure your email list is up to date and that you are targeting the right audience for your content.

2. How can I make my newsletters more interesting?

There are several ways to make your newsletters more interesting and engaging for readers. Consider using visual elements like images or videos, breaking up text with subheadings and bullet points, and including interactive elements like polls or quizzes. It's also important to vary your content and provide valuable information or promotions that will keep readers interested in opening your newsletters.

3. Should I include a call-to-action in my newsletters?

Absolutely! A call-to-action is a crucial element in any marketing email, as it prompts readers to take a specific action. This could be anything from visiting your website, making a purchase, or signing up for an event. Make sure your call-to-action is clear, concise, and stands out in your newsletter.

4. How can I improve my email deliverability?

To improve your email deliverability, make sure you are following email marketing best practices, such as avoiding spam trigger words and using a reputable email service provider. It's also important to regularly clean your email list and remove inactive or unengaged subscribers. Lastly, make sure you have a strong sender reputation by consistently sending relevant and valuable content to your subscribers.

5. Should I personalize my newsletters?

Personalization can be a great way to make your newsletters more engaging for readers. This could include using their name in the subject line or tailoring the content based on their interests or previous interactions with your brand. However, be sure to use personalization in a genuine and appropriate way, as overusing it can come across as insincere or intrusive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • mrssyvo