• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on

In summary, you could have children make a spider cake, or make a mini spider cake and let them decorate it themselves.
queenjean
HELP!

I am doing a preschool Halloween Kids show with about 30 4-6 year olds and their moms. I have checked all the usual sites for ideas and the file section here. I am wondering if anyone has attempted this before. The host wants the kids to make everything. I was thinking of different stations they rotate through, but not sure what to do. Should I do one recipe and have them make their own smaller version and follow me step by step? Different stations like peel carrots, peel, core, slice apples, decorate cookies etc. I am looking for ideas and suggestions on how to not to have general chaos. THANKS!

Why notHave them decorate a mini spider cake? You make the cake up ahead of time in the prep bowls. They can frost, sprinkle, put the eyes and legs on. With it being halloween, they would love it.

I just recently had a table at a Baby Fair. I set up a Kid's Interactive table to keep them occupied while the Moms shopped. (Of course this didn't work for the tiny ones.)

I had a playdough area - with kool-aid playdough, the bakers roller, kid's cookie cutters, creative cutters.

A measuring area - bowls with split peas (you could also use lentils, beans, rice, etc.), the silicone funnels, colored measuring cups from the kids cookie set, the mini easy read measuring cup, the measure-all and a couple small bamboo spoons for stirring. This got a little messy but I had a broom nearby.

Finally, a tip from this site, I had the Quick-stir pitcher filled with water and glitter for the kids to make their own "tornados".

I got lots of Moms saying what a good idea, and then realizing that the tables were full of PC products!

I know with my two little ones anything "hands-on" is great.

Thanks, Linda

great ideas - keep em comingThanks for the great ideas! Any others for cooking type demo, chopping etc.

You could make cookies and let them decorate them with the decorator bottles. Or have little pitas or bagels or something and let them make their own pizza if you have a way to heat them. You make a filling to go in little tart or phyllo dough shells and have them fill them with the EAD.

I saw somewhere on here the other where someone made the spiders with oreo's instead of prep bowl cakes if you did not want to have to make all those cakes.

You could do a type of veggie pizza and have the parents chop the veggies and let the kids put them together.

Last edited:
I did one when first starting up last year! With my daugther's age kids 3-5 years old. I made cupcakes and had a sample with a large spider made from the small batter bowl and used licorice and gum drops and black and brown frosting and sprinkles. They decorated thier own cupcakes and I also had made sugar cookies (nestle had precut holloween cookies) and had them decorate those.

They all had so much fun! I am doing another MOmmy and Me this year but doing a Fall-Thanksgiving theme for the Nov. sell a thon month!

Make mini cupcakes and bring them, cooled, to the fair. Have candies to make the candy clay (attachment), sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, candies, etc, in the small prep bowls. Have the kids make the candy clay and cut out a shape to put on their cupcake. They can have a ball! Have a display of everything you used and of kid- and mom-friendly things too. Good luck -- this sounds like a lot of fun! How did you get in on this?

Attachments

• SS-Easy Candy Clay.pdf
    227.8 KB · Views: 310
:D I JUST did something almost exactly like that except I was working with 4-12 year olds. They are girl scouts and wanted my help for their cooking badge and a fundraiser. I had different stations for the Banana Split Brownie Pizza and the Taffy Apple Pizza. I pre-baked the sugar cookie dough and the brownie so it was done when they were ready to decorate. They did make more brownies and sugar cookies but by the time those were done baking, it was time for their parents to pick them up. I've attached the flyers for you to check out so maybe you can have a new idea. When I packed for the show, I put everything that the Taffy Apple Pizza would need and the same for the Brownie that way when I was un-packing, it was much easier!:p

I also cut the papers into little squares and had them sitting in front of the products.;)

Good Luck and please post any questions you may have. And by the way, the kids had an absolute blast and I had so many parents say that they have never seen the A/P/C/S demo'd and they will be buying it!!:D

Attachments

• Girl Scout Taffy Apple Pizza Steps.doc
    30 KB · Views: 354
  • Girl Scout Banana Split Brownie Pizza Steps.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 351
Just in case anyone missed it. the decorator bottles are on stop sell right now and we aren't supposed to show them until they are off stop sell. You could still do the same idea with the easy accent decorator though. I have made the spider cakes with the Easy accent decorator and the mini fluted pans with kids before. They loved decorating their little tarantulas.

What is the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event?

The "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event is a fun and interactive Halloween-themed cooking demonstration designed specifically for preschool-aged children. It is a hands-on experience where kids can learn basic cooking skills and create delicious treats with the help of their parents or guardians.

What will my child learn at the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event?

At the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event, your child will learn basic cooking techniques, such as mixing, measuring, and decorating, in a safe and supervised environment. They will also learn about different Halloween-inspired ingredients and how to use them to create tasty treats.

Do I need to bring any supplies or ingredients to the event?

No, all supplies and ingredients will be provided for the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event. However, if your child has any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate them.

Can parents or guardians participate in the event with their child?

Yes, parents or guardians are encouraged to participate in the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event with their child. It is a great opportunity for families to spend quality time together and have fun while learning new skills.

Is there a cost to attend the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event?

Yes, there is a small fee to attend the "Preschooler Halloween Show - Hands on" event. However, the fee includes all supplies and ingredients, as well as a special gift for your child to take home. You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information about pricing and registration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • PCTE2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Saturday Gourmet