• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Vendor/Craft Show: What to Send?

In summary, Sandi was offered a table at a Vendor/Craft show in November. She is in the middle of moving from CA to VA, and is unsure of what to send to her friend who is going to set it up for her. She suggests drawing slips (what should her prize be?), mini catalogs with her cell, web, & email addresses, pens, recruiting info, and table coverings. She also suggests having a "free-take one" basket with a "Free-take one!" sign. She was able to get her name out to over 100 people in just 2 afterno
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hi All,

I was offered a table at a Vendor/Craft show in November. I will be in the middle of moving from CA to VA at this time (GO Navy!). I am able to put out brochures, etc. but just not sure what to send to my friend who is going to set it up for me.

I was thinking- drawing slips (what should my prize be?), mini catalogs with my cell, web, & email, pens, recruiting info??

Also, I need to cover the table (was just going to buy 2 cheap plastic table clothes and put in the package).
I don't want to send a huge box and overload my generous friend but want to get my name out there.

HELP!!!

Unless the vendor fair allows for unmanned booths, I would not do this unless it was free! In my experience, if there is a "prize", anyone and everyone will register and you may get 10 interested people for every 100 drawing slips (you read that right)! JMHO...

Yes they will allow me to have an unmanned booth. Its not free, $40. Thats a lot of money to put out and not be there but I need all the contacts I can get at this point in VA.

I've done a few events where I couldn't be there all day-every day (5 day events for 12+ hrs). So I set out some brochures, mini-catalogs, maybe a few old-catalogs with the "Oldie" label on it (I wouldn't use any older than the S/S'09 because of so many product and price changes in the Spring this past year). I also tried to put recipe cards out- if you can, put ONLY one recipe out though- otherwise, people paw through them to get one of EACH they like.

One thing I did do that seemed to go faster this time- I bought those clear "treat bags" in the candy aisle at Michaels, and I would put:
  • a mini-catalog,
  • a recipe card,
  • a 'coupon' for booking a show,
  • recruiting info (I made some "play money" with Doris' face on one side, and commission breakdown on the back),
  • some extra flyers I had that had additional recipes and information on them.
  • I actually had coupons for other non-competition vendors (sort of like a vendor pack), and
  • if I had some - 1or 2 pieces of small candy in the bag.
Put the bags in a basket with a "Free- Take one!" sign on it. I was able to get my name out to over 100 people in just 2 afternoons.

It takes a little time obviously to stuff the baggies- but people just can't seem to resist a goody-bag!

OMG!!! Bobbi that is brillant!!!!! I just hated the thought of pile after pile of stuff laying around. The bags sound so great- I have to go to Michael's now! lol

$40 for 10 leads? I'd do that in a heartbeat!Sandi

Love the goodie bag idea! :DGood luck on your move!!! What part of Virginia? We were in Virginia Beach before moving to Japan. Loved all the people I met. Hated their bumpy roads. LOL

We are moving to Chesapeake- well the house is there but he'll work in Norfolk. Thanks- 2 weeks and counting and I'm no where near ready! lol

Chesapeake is a nice area! I think you'll enjoy it there. :D

First off, I LOVE your packet idea....

Would you share

(I made some "play money" with Doris' face on one side, and commission breakdown on the back)

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
First off, I LOVE your packet idea....

Would you share

Thanks,

Lisa

I'll try! I've tried before to upload it, but it won't work for some reason....but I'll try again.

OK...I figured out what My problem was. My document was too big (more than 2mb). So I had to make a slight adjustment- and deleted ONE of the 3-Doris Playbucks. When you open it, you'll see 2 Play Money images, and then the second page has what would print on the BACK - (3 boxes)- (if you do front/back printing).

To get 3 images on there for the front, you'll just want to click on one of the Doris' money images, then copy. Then just put your cursor at the very bottom of the second image, and then paste. I was able to do this with no problem by making sure my cursor was at the very bottom of the second image.

SORRY I couldn't get it to just upload as is!!! I tried. But I couldn't get it small enough and still keep it formatted correctly...plus I have this thing about wasting paper/space! So i really wanted 3 to a page since they fit! :D

If you know how to print front/back on your printer- then print the first document for the Front, and flip your paper over to print the back. (My printer has automatic duplex printing that does it for me, so you'll have to play with your own printers- most you can just flip the paper over and run it through again or through a manual feed.)

Just make sure they line up on a test page before doing a whole bunch!! I would then cut them out and they'd look like money sitting there. :D

Attachments

• RecruitingBucks-Generic.doc
    1.4 MB · Views: 598
I love the idea of having other vendor coupons in it. I have a fair coming up and that would be an interesting option if others are interested. Just another way to get your name out there. I'm assuming you gave coupons to them to put in bags? What kind of coupon did you do and did you get any business from it?

To date, I do not think I've gotten any business from it- but it's alot like handing out the mini's and recipe cards- you just never know! I've had people contact me MONTHS later and place an order. At least when I can't be at the booth- I know they are taking something with my info on it.As far as the coupons, I have a 2-sided flyer, or I will use this Booth Coupon which I found on here in the Files. The other vendor items I had were some coupons and info-cards that were around the checkout area at the place I was at- plus a business card from another vendor near me. I know this group called "Mom packages" does something similar- where they all make up bags each month- and each vendor puts their item in it (business card, coupon, flyer, recipe card, etc).It's really just about putting in whatever I have! :D (here is my flyer- just need to put your own contact details in it. It's great for fall too because it has TWO YUMMY recipes!!)

Attachments

• LovetoCook -Two-sided-Fair Flyer.doc
    222.5 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
for what ever reason i only get one page and when i scroll i can't get it to sit right. then it goes into read only mode. could you please email it to me [email protected] and i can see if its my computer maybe. :) THANKS!

Related to Preparing for a Vendor/Craft Show: What to Send?

1. What items should I send to the vendor/craft show?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to send a variety of products to the vendor/craft show. This could include popular kitchen gadgets, cookware, or even food items that can be sampled. It is also a good idea to send business cards, catalogs, and order forms to allow customers to easily place orders.

2. How many of each item should I send?

The amount of each item to send will depend on the size and length of the event. It is always better to have extra products on hand, so it is recommended to send at least 2-3 of each item. This allows for more variety and prevents running out of popular products.

3. Should I send any marketing materials?

Yes, it is important to send marketing materials such as business cards, catalogs, and order forms. These materials can help customers remember your business and easily place orders after the event. You can also include any specials or promotions you are currently offering to entice customers to make a purchase.

4. How should I package the items I am sending?

When sending products to a vendor/craft show, it is important to package them securely to prevent any damage during transportation. You can use bubble wrap, tissue paper, or packing peanuts to ensure the products arrive safely. It is also recommended to label each package with the product name and price for easy display at the event.

5. When should I send the items to the vendor/craft show?

You should send the items to the vendor/craft show at least a few days before the event. This allows enough time for the items to be set up and displayed properly. It is also a good idea to check in with the event coordinators to confirm the delivery date and time to ensure a smooth process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies