• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booths Suggestions for issue with other vendor?

jj16

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2009
I have an issue with one of the vendors that I am next to. I don't want to cause problems and I think I have a solution but if you don't mind me running it by I'd appreciate any input.

This vendor is a teenage girl and all her friends come and visit but they are coming into my canopy space. I don't care what they do as long as it doesn't affect my booth. We aren't supposed to tear down until 8:00 p.m. and by 7:30 they had completely dismantled their booth but in the process they threw things in front of the entrance of my booth and put on quite a show for everyone.

Since I sew I was thinking of just getting some burlap and hang it on that side of the canopy and maybe try to bring my table and little more out of the canopy to act as a type of barrier.

Thanks!

Judy

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Judy--I think that is a great idea. I purchased sides for mine and use those to help block out the sun.

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
I'm having a hard time seeing what your placement is. However, I would talk to the girl first and ask her for suggestions. Perhaps she doesn't even realize what her friends are doing in front of your area. Or you could talk to the organizer of whatever even this is. I'm not sure how attractive burlap will look. Good luck. I hope you can work something out.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I'd approach the girl first: Excuse me. I'm sure you haven't noticed, but your friends are making it difficult for my customers to get to me and my products. Would it be possible to kind of keep everyone in your space during the event and during teardown?

Just be aware of your tone when you talk with her.

If that doesn't work, go to the person in charge of the event. You paid the same amount for your space as she did for hers.