• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing a Show for 55 People: Seeking Advice

In summary, this will be a small office show with 55 people. The host was contacted and offered a demonstration of a fast dessert. There will also be a taco bar.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
Has anyone ever done a show for around 55 people before? I was just asked to.
Anyone have any ideas for a demo?
Thanks for any advise.

Ask a cluster member (or recruit lead) to go and help you! Even at one minute per order (and we know it usually is longer...) that's an hour of taking orders!

Don't be a caterer...get your host to make up extra recipes!

Yes. Thanks. I would try to bring help.

For a demo, I would do something that could be portion-controlled. Like a pizza that could be cut into small pieces - or something in the mini muffin pan. Then, in order for everyone to have a bite, I would do one ahead, and one as the demo.
Another thing that might work well would be some type of Ice Cream Show - get those big buckets of ice cream, and then demo different toppings. A brownie in the bar pan could be cut into small pieces to go with the ice cream.

Good idea Becky on the Ice Cream Social!!

how did this fall into your lap Bobby?

Bobby - another thing that serves a ton of people are the Ham & Cheese Brunch squares. And as Becky suggested, you could make one up ahead of time and then cook them both at the show.

Bobby, the brownie truffle bites in the MMP would be good. You could make one batch ahead of time and the 2nd one there. The ingredients are fairly cheap and it is a very yummy recipe! Good luck!

AWESOME!!!! How cool will this be for you!!! I LOVE the thought of a show w/ 55 people...how cool!! I like the Ice Cream Social idea. Borrow some extra Ice Cream Dippers and use the SA bowls and such for the toppings and make bar pans of brownies!!
And for sure take help!!! LOL!!!

When is it?! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Bobby I am curious how you got your hostess to keep her guest list going???? Did you offer anything such as a host Chanllenge?

I did a bridal shower with 40 people....we demoed the Feista Salad Pizza. I made one ahead of time and me and the bride demoed the other. I had everything prepped which made it go quickly!

This will be an office show at our local Girl Scout office. They are having a staff meeting just before they want me to do the show. They don't have any choice but to be there. They said last year they did one and cleared $600 for the council. That's 15% of $4000. I think that I would faint on the spot.

smspamperedchef said:
how did this fall into your lap Bobby?

I sent out an email to everyone in my contact list saying that the new fall catalogues are out. The lady that answered my email is in charge of grants for the local Girl Scout council.

ChefBeckyD said:
For a demo, I would do something that could be portion-controlled. Like a pizza that could be cut into small pieces - or something in the mini muffin pan. Then, in order for everyone to have a bite, I would do one ahead, and one as the demo.
Another thing that might work well would be some type of Ice Cream Show - get those big buckets of ice cream, and then demo different toppings. A brownie in the bar pan could be cut into small pieces to go with the ice cream.

I like the ice cream and brownie idea too. Thanks. I made brownies in the sheet pan lined with parchment paper for the first time today. They came out perfect and didn't stick at all. The paper helps to hold the brownie mix from running too thin also.

There is an older recipe called Tuxedo Brownie Cups in the Celebrate cookbook that would be perfect. You would pre-bake the brownie cups and then fill them at the show. You would probably want to double the recipe (one recipe makes 48)but these are delicious and you could even be interactive with the show, having different guests mix the filling, fill the easy accent decorator, fill the cups, slice the strawberries with the egg slicer plus, grate on chocolate with the microplane etc...

Brownies with strawberries? Yum yum

What I did at one of my big shows, was to demo a fast dessert, then cut everyone loose for a taco bar, where they got in line, used different products at different stations to assemble their tacos, and served themselves a pre-made bev. from the q-s-pitcher. It worked beautifully!

You could do the game day food too. Have the hamburgers in the oven and just demostrate with the touchdown taco dip in a "double" version?

cookin to the top said:
What I did at one of my big shows, was to demo a fast dessert, then cut everyone loose for a taco bar, where they got in line, used different products at different stations to assemble their tacos, and served themselves a pre-made bev. from the q-s-pitcher. It worked beautifully!

To do a Taco Bar I guess I would have to borrow some Simple Additions to self serve from. What I have now is out dated.

prep ahead. A very very successful early Million Dollar Consultant used to only make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the skillet - ahead of time, and have it portioned out ready to serve for big shows like this. Make 2 or 3 and you're good to go!GET HELP tallying orders - no one wants to wait in line for 30 minutes to be totalled out.

Sounds good.
I've been working on getting some help.
Thanks

Related to Preparing a Show for 55 People: Seeking Advice

1. How much food do I need to prepare for 55 people?

For a show with 55 attendees, we recommend preparing enough food for at least 60 people. This allows for a small buffer in case of unexpected guests or larger appetites. It's better to have extra food than to run out during the show.

2. What are some easy recipes that can feed a large group?

Our most popular recipes for large groups include the Deep Covered Baker Chicken, the Veggie Pizza Ring, and the Southwest Chicken and Rice Skillet. These dishes are simple to make and can be easily doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger crowd.

3. How should I plan the timing for cooking and serving the food?

It's important to plan ahead and make a timeline for cooking and serving the food. Start with dishes that can be made ahead of time, such as dips or salads. Then move on to main dishes and side dishes that can be prepared simultaneously. Allow for some buffer time in case things take longer than expected.

4. What kitchen tools and equipment will I need for a show with 55 people?

For a show with 55 people, we recommend having at least two sets of kitchen tools and equipment, such as mixing bowls, spatulas, and measuring cups. This will make it easier to prepare multiple dishes at once. You may also want to have extra serving platters and utensils for buffet-style meals.

5. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for a large group?

When sending out invitations for the show, be sure to ask guests if they have any dietary restrictions or allergies. This will allow you to plan your menu accordingly and have options for guests who may be vegetarian, gluten-free, or have other dietary needs. You can also offer some dishes as build-your-own options, so guests can customize their meals to fit their dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa2Boys