• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do Pregnancy Hormones Impact Emotions and Family Dynamics?

In summary, the conversation discussed the speaker's struggles with pregnancy hormones causing her to be emotional and easily agitated. She also expressed frustration with her husband not helping out with household chores and his choice of baby names. The conversation then shifted to the speaker's husband being passed over for a promotion due to being written up for a mistake made by his boss. The speaker also mentioned potential discrimination in the workplace due to quotas.
DZmom
Ok the pregnant hormones have arrived in the last few days and along with being weepy, I'M VERY ON EDGE!! The littlest thing sets me off in to a temper!! The kids are driving me nuts. Both have decided to start misbehaving and the DH just sits on the coach like a huge blob wondering why the house is a diaster!!! Could it be that I'm nauseated from the moment my eyes open until the the early afternoon and he had decided that he doesn't need to help??? I do all the cooking, would it kill him to take turns doing the dishes???

PLUS, he's started already with STUPID baby names!! Archer, Waylon, LeRoy and Jethro!! I mean come on! I'm not naming my child Archer, it's ok for a middle name, but not happening for the first name. Plus, we have a friend from college whose named Waylon, so I'm not naming our child after him and LeRoy and Jethro are just out. Of course, he wanted to name the first one ANGUS, so I guess I should be used to it by now, but no, it's just getting on my nerves.

Then yesterday my hubby(he's a delivery manager) got past over for a promotion to Asst Store Manager because his boss got mad about a month ago and wrote him up. Terry was really sick and his boss's boss told him to go home, and Terry told her she needed to make sure that there was an evening driver. She said not to worry that she'd already found one and that he should just go home. Well, she went home herself BEFORE telling the guy he needed to make the delivery and Terry was the one who got wrote up!! The store manager interviewed him for the job anyway because he said that Terry should never have been wrote up. After all the interviews the store manager wanted to give him the job, because Terry was the only one that was interviewed for the job that had ran ALL the departments in that zone and there's about 6 of them, but the Head HR lady at HO wouldn't sign off on it because he'd been wrote up. I was and still am so mad about it! It would have meant we'd been staying put at this store for at least 2 years, but now we'll probably be moving to a new store come January or February!!!

Ok, I think it's all out of my system, now!!! Sorry to be dumping on all of you, but if I didn't get it out I was going to pop!!

Last edited:
I'm sorry Donna. I can relate with Terry's job. My husband has been passed on promotion SO many times to Asst Store Mgr. because of race. They have quotas to meet and everytime it was time for my hubby to get a promotion, they needed to promote someone else. It is EXTREMELY frustrating and to throw pregnancy hormones on top it and taking care of kids and your house, is unbearable. Just know that you have a cyber family here always willing to listen. :D

Good Luck and CONGRATS on officially finding out!:D

Oh, just don't get me started on the whole quota thing. It just makes me even angrier!! Terry has worked for this company for 7 years and has been at the same level for 6 years. He has been passed over so many times it's not funny. He was once passed over by a black woman and a latin man, both of whom he had just spent 6 months training. In my opinion, they're discriminating against people so that they can make certain that others aren't being discriminated against. It's so ridiculous. As a woman, I want to got the job because I'm the most qualified, NOT because they are needing to meet their quota.

I don't mean to offend anyone, if I did I'm sorry. It's just frustrating.

1. Can I still use Pampered Chef products while pregnant?

Yes, all of our products are safe to use during pregnancy. However, we do recommend that you consult with your doctor if you have any concerns.

2. Are there any products that are specifically designed for pregnant women?

While we do not have products specifically designed for pregnant women, many of our products can be helpful for expecting mothers. Our food choppers and slicers can make meal prep easier and our non-slip mixing bowls can help prevent spills in the kitchen.

3. How can I modify my cooking routine to accommodate my pregnancy?

We recommend using our microwave cooking products, such as the Deep Covered Baker, for quick and easy meals. You can also try using our slow cooker for hands-off cooking, or meal prepping in advance to minimize time spent in the kitchen.

4. Do you have any suggestions for meals that are safe and healthy for pregnant women?

Our website and recipe books offer a variety of nutritious meal options. We also have a blog where you can find pregnancy-friendly recipes and tips for healthy eating during pregnancy.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help with pregnancy cravings?

Our ice cream maker and popcorn maker are popular choices for satisfying pregnancy cravings. Our stoneware and bakeware can also be used to make homemade treats like cookies and brownies. However, we always recommend consulting with your doctor about any dietary restrictions or concerns during pregnancy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SummerG