• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show

In summary, Vicki Kaylor is an independent kitchen consultant who teaches kids to make cookies using the tools they pre-registered for. She charges $47 for the 2-hour class and has had no success booking classes through advertisements.
AmyjonesPC
I was looking for some recipies where I can preorder some products for the kids to bring home with them from the show. I wanted to keep the total around $20-25. Does anyone have any suggestions?

i would do prebaked cupcakes with a frosting receipe and send home easy accent

You may be thinking about more than just two products, but with my kids' shows the Creative Cutters and the "Let's Eat" kids cookbooks are big. Both of those would equal $25.50 just for the products. :)

I did a Kids in the Kitchen class last year about this time. Did it on a Sat AM before Christmas so parents could do some shopping. I sent each child home with the Kid's Cookie Making Set. It was a big hit. The apron and chef's hat would be fun too.

I actually went big - Asked $47 for one 2-hour glassm teaching kids to make my pretty cookies, using the tools they pregregistered for (mini-muffin pan, tart shaper & mini tart shaper) - We'll make beownie cups and fill with frosting, make cookie kisses. I have four for my first class and 2 in another. I think with future classes I will teach them how to make things using MY tools or tools I'll ask them to bring in, and charge about $25 for 90 minutes. I think it's catching on! :)

Question about classesHi All,
I saw the posts about having classes for kids and charging for them--
Where and how do you advertise for the classes? We have a rec. center here could I use that to do the classes they have rooms we can use or are you all using your homes?
Very interesting idea
Are any of you getting any show bookings from these classes
Thanks so much

Vicki Kaylor
Independent Kitchen Consultant
in Virginia

I used our church fellowship hall (w/kitchen attached). I sent flyers home with the church kids, my son's class at school, and our apartment complex. Had about 10 kids....no booking leads. My husband and teenage daughter provided "crowd control" :) Had many people tell me that it was a bad weekend for them and they would have loved to send their children. I plan on offering another class, just haven't had the time :(

Thanks for the idea's. I like the kids cookbook and creative cutters to bring home. I'm thinking of doing the show in my home during christmas break. That way the mom's would be able to get the kids out off the house.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I used our church fellowship hall (w/kitchen attached). I sent flyers home with the church kids, my son's class at school, and our apartment complex. Had about 10 kids....no booking leads. My husband and teenage daughter provided "crowd control" :) Had many people tell me that it was a bad weekend for them and they would have loved to send their children. I plan on offering another class, just haven't had the time :(

Would you share how much you charged, what recipes you used and what they "came home" with please?

its_me_susan said:
I actually went big - Asked $47 for one 2-hour glassm teaching kids to make my pretty cookies, using the tools they pregregistered for (mini-muffin pan, tart shaper & mini tart shaper) - We'll make beownie cups and fill with frosting, make cookie kisses. I have four for my first class and 2 in another. I think with future classes I will teach them how to make things using MY tools or tools I'll ask them to bring in, and charge about $25 for 90 minutes. I think it's catching on! :)

I have 4 kids registered for this Sunday (at my home - - - where could I use a room without a charge?), and 2 for a date during school break. The moms who already had the mini muffin pan just ordered the decorator and tart shaper, or one mone ordered a pitcher and a decorator. In the future I may just charge $25, and have them go home with more that the recipes and samples of what they made... and a list of all the products we used. I figure that would be pure profit that might lead to product sales. Still thinking. :)

its_me_susan said:
Would you share how much you charged, what recipes you used and what they "came home" with please?

Yikes! It's been a year and I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch yesterday :) It was before the new kid's cookbook came out so I know I used the old Kids in the Kitchen cookbook and some stuff off the internet. I'll check on it and get back to you.

1. What is a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show?

A Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show is a fun and educational cooking experience for children ages 5-12. It is a hands-on cooking party where kids get to make delicious and healthy recipes while learning valuable kitchen skills.

2. How do I book a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show?

To book a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will help you choose a date and time for your show and provide all the necessary materials.

3. What recipes are included in a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show?

The recipes included in a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show vary depending on the theme of the show. Some popular themes include Pizza Party, Taco Tuesday, and Baking Bonanza. Your consultant will provide you with a list of available recipes to choose from for your show.

4. How many kids can participate in a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show?

The recommended number of children for a Pre-Paid Kids in the Kitchen Show is 8-12. This allows for a fun and interactive experience for all the kids while still ensuring a safe and manageable environment in the kitchen.

5. Are there any allergens or dietary restrictions to consider for the recipes?

We understand that some children may have allergies or dietary restrictions, and we can accommodate those needs in our recipes. Please inform your consultant of any allergies or dietary restrictions when booking your show so they can provide appropriate recipe options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
puffinsplace
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies