• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pre-Making Baked Goods for a Show: Experiences & Input Requested

In summary, premaking these margaritas ahead of time was a great idea. They were delicious and looked great in the pink and white martini glasses.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So I was going to premake these for my show on Tuesday at my house. I wasn't intending to do them as the demo but has anyone make them before? Would it be possible to make a couple of batches ahead of time and put in QSP? Any input on how they are and how they hold up would be appreciated

I have pre-made them and they were good! If you have a blender, it's a lot faster to make.

I have made them in the blender- I tried to strain them through, but it was too much work & I really liked the thickness of them. They are very yummy! Look pretty in the pink & white martini glasses, too!

I agree, the strainer step is rediculous. I was not successful with that part. I use frozen mango chunks that I chop with the food chopper when partially thawed. I leave them chunky. If I were not demoing the recipe, I would just use the blender. Uses far too many tools too, IMHO!!!

I just use all nectar. I have used bottled lime vs fresh and the fresh really makes a difference. Couldn't tell so much difference with all-nectar vs fresh mango though.

Ok I need help! I went to store today to get all ingredients for those and my recipe I'm demoing and I couldn't find Mango nectar???? Where would I find it. I couldn't find any thing in produce aisle and I had trouble enough finding mangos I've never bought them before. And I tried canned fruit area and nothing. Anyone know where I can find it or what I can use instead????? Please answer ASAP I'll either have to go on my way to or from work tomorrow!???? TIA

I got it in the bottled/canned juice aisle. It came in a small can like a soda can. Not very expensive though.

thank you patty!!:) I'll look for it tomorrow probably before work to ease my mind that I have it and won't have to run through grocery store.

One more thing though would it be a bad idea to chop up mango tonight to save myself time? Also if i make it in blender do i just put everything in with ice and blend it till done or whatnot? I'm sorry I'm not a big margarita drinker so I've never made them. But then can I blend them and transfer to quick stir picture or just pour them from blender?

Thanks I shouldn't have promised these before trying them out first!

I'm sorry to be a pest I'm bumping this again for an answer of what's ok to premake today and answers to questions in post before this one. I know everyones focused on the DCB thing and I'll get there just trying to get ready for my show!!

When I do them, I just use the nectar for the total amount of juice needed, without going through the step of mango pieces. I did it with fresh mango and it took forever. I just follow the rest of the instructions (half the sugar though) and do a double or triple batch in the Quikstir. You could do it in the blender if you want "frozen" (slushy-type) margaritas. I would think it would be ok to prep the mangos tonight and keep it covered in the refrigerator. If you want them to be frozen but want to show the Quikstir, just pour into it from blender. Or serve from blender. I try to keep it as uncomplicated as possible!

Unable to find recipe

Dina Atnip said:
Unable to find recipe

It's in the current SB. I think since I don't have nectar and don't want to run out to store right now. I'm just going to cut up and chop up the Mangos and put them somewhere covered and do rest of recipe when I get home tomorrow and do it as recipe state but pour them into QSP and serve from there. Thanks though for all the advice and input. If they are good next time I'll try it with just the nectar.

I found the nectar in with the mexican foods.

I made them last night for some friends and the strainer part added no value, next time I would just use the nectar. Also some of my friends where pregnant so I did not add alcohol. I cut back on the lime as the recipie instructed, however it still had a funky taste. So I added equal parts of 7up and it was hit!

1. Can I pre-make baked goods for a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, pre-making baked goods for a Pampered Chef show is a common practice. It allows you to save time during the show and focus on demonstrating and showcasing the products.

2. What types of baked goods can I pre-make for a show?

You can pre-make a variety of baked goods, such as cookies, brownies, cakes, and breads. It's best to choose recipes that are easy to make and transport, and that showcase the Pampered Chef products you will be demonstrating.

3. How far in advance can I pre-make baked goods for a show?

You can pre-make baked goods up to a week in advance, as long as they are stored properly in an airtight container. However, for the freshest taste and texture, we recommend making them 1-2 days before the show.

4. What is the best way to transport pre-made baked goods to a show?

The best way to transport pre-made baked goods is in an airtight container or a sealed plastic bag. You can also use a cake carrier or a casserole dish with a lid. Be sure to secure the container to prevent any spills or damage during transportation.

5. Can I pre-make baked goods for a show if I am using them as a demonstration?

Yes, you can pre-make baked goods for a show even if you plan to use them as a demonstration. Just be sure to save some of the ingredients to showcase during the demonstration and have the pre-made baked goods ready to serve as samples for your guests to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gussey30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • DonnaYork