• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers & Suggestions Welcome: Helping Make Pampered Chef a Go!

In summary, Tara decided to give her 10 year career of teaching a try for a year. She is nervous about it, but trusts God. She is encouraged by the encouragement she has received from others.
pamperedtara
Gold Member
Wasn't sure where to put this bc it is a plea for help in all areas of the business.:confused: With the beginning of the school year quickly approaching (& after much prayer), I decided NOT to return to my 10 year career of teaching :D !! Holding my breath to make PC a go!! DH & I agreed that I would give this a real effort for a year to see what I could do with it. Any prayers &/or suggestions for recruiting, sales, organization (home & business), etc will be greatly appreciated. I would truly love to have a much calmer lifestyle for my 3 beautiful babies that are growing up entirely too fast (see picture left). They keep us hopping with football, basketball, cheerleading, gymnastics, piano, & baseball. So laundry, housework, normal meals, and organization have been luxuries we rarely enjoy:rolleyes: .

Most of my family, friends & co-workers are stunned that I {the extremely devoted, passionate teacher with Master's Degree+ & principal/administrative certification (their guilt trips not my words; I don't regard myself anywhere near that highly!!!)} would "just walk away" from my career. I told my husband that I have heard more appreciation and compliments on my teaching in the last 2 weeks than I have in my 10 years combined!! I've also heard rumors that I am having or have already had a breakdown :eek: - please help me prove my sanity by making this successful!!

If you prayed about this and heard from the Lord on this one....DO NOT WORRY! God works in the supernatural! You are not crazy! Just think about what a testimony this will be in the future. Those people saying you're having a nervous breakdown will have to eat their words some day. I will pray that God will give you wisdom and show you much favor with this business! You can do it!

Thanks for your encouragement!
I am a bit hard headed, but God left no room for interpretation on this decision. I have wrestled with this for many years now (even though I LOVE teaching!!) He took away all of my excuses in very unexpected and unexplainable ways this summer & it seemed like everywhere I turned the writing was on the wall (TV, radio, magazine ads, daily devotionals)....I know that God is good & that He provides, but I am still a bit nervous! In discussing my fears with our preacher (& very good friend), he said, "Tara, when you honor God, He will honor you." I am praying that my family can be a powerful testimony for the rewards (not $$ profits) of obedience.

Go to consultant corner's conference recap. Listen to Duska Mills segment. What she has to say I think will be helpful and encouraging to you!

As Christ Follower stated, if this is what God has led you to, stop worrying! I know that's so much easier said than done, TRUST ME! But every time you start questioning things to yourself, change that self talk into prayer with the Father and ask Him for the wisdom that will rid your fear. Best of luck!

Tara, trusting Him is always right. You sound like the type of woman who puts her best effort into the things she does, so I'm sure you will be a success in going full time with your PC business. With a family that supportive, you've already succeeded.

jzramom said:
Go to consultant corner's conference recap. Listen to Duska Mills segment. What she has to say I think will be helpful and encouraging to you!

I was in Wave 3 and she was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. I had a very dear 26 year old cousin that died in May from cancer that was discovered after giving birth to her first child in Dec. That hit me like a ton of bricks & really forced me to evaluate what is truly important in life. I was weeping like a baby as Duska spoke, and finally said, "OK GOD, I get it!!!!" (I told you in an earlier post that I am VERY hard headed :rolleyes: , but the signs were everywhere I turned!) I called DH that night to tell him about her story & we agreed over the phone that now was the time to do this! I resigned when I returned home.

Thanks so much for all of the encouragement! You guys are great!

I truly believe God will honor your leap of faith!! How amazing to be called to a PC ministry!!

BTW, I'm also a Kentuckian and a teacher, even though I haven't taught since my oldest was born 2 years ago!

congrats on getting back ... i pray you have much luck!! an idea for you could be focusing on mom groups doing mom and me parties, even going into the schools for fairs and stuff ... use your connections in the school to get a heads up on things you can attend or help with (silent auctions for example) ... you could even do fundraising for all of your kids' activities! good luck and keep trusting!

Tara--I know exactly how you feel. I just turned my letter of resignation to my school last week. I feel that selling PC is God's Will for my life and I am going out on faith. So hang in there and remember God is always near to help us through the challenges we may encounter. I will tell you that I have been on the phone non-stop since Conference and you know I have 11 shows book for September. I will be praying for you and that God will give you the faith and strength to make your business grow.:) :) :) :) :) :)

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me the strength." Phil. 4:13

Ya'll are making me CRY!!!

Tara, you know this is the right decision because we can never get this time back with our children. Keep that forefront in your mind at all times and DO NOT get in His way! God will take you where you need to e, even though there will be struggles along the way.
Stay on this site for inspiration-a great bunch of us are cheering for you!

Tara~

I just wanted to add that I am proud of you and your husband for stepping out in faith TOGETHER! I pray that God will abundantly bless your family because you are looking to God for daily guidance. Your children will benefit from seeing their parents fully relying on God for His guidance...and then you listened!

**I know exactly what you mean about God using many different avenues to speak to you. I continue to struggle with becoming a Director, but He has told me OVER and OVER again that leadership in PC is in my future.

May God bless you!
Keep us all posted!

You guys are so great! Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!

Kind of a funny side note. Our Sunday School lesson today was on having an obedient heart (Solomon) and how we often miss out on the many blessings God has in store for us because we refuse to relinquish control. My principal is also our Sunday School teacher, so it was kind of neat that all of the scriptures and the lesson focused on this topic. We follow a book, so he didn't choose the lesson, and today was the first Sunday in 3 months that DH & I have been in that class (we rotate with another couple teaching the high school class).

The final question in the lesson (to think about for the week) was:
Think of the biggest decision that you have made lateley.
Did you truly seek God's counsel in that decision or did you decide based on what you thought was best for you? What could you be missing out on because you chose not to be obedient?

He looked at me and grinned ;) then dismissed us. I think he finally got it, too!

PamperedTammy said:
Tara--I know exactly how you feel. I just turned my letter of resignation to my school last week. I feel that selling PC is God's Will for my life and I am going out on faith. So hang in there and remember God is always near to help us through the challenges we may encounter. I will tell you that I have been on the phone non-stop since Conference and you know I have 11 shows book for September. I will be praying for you and that God will give you the faith and strength to make your business grow.:) :) :) :) :) :)

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me the strength." Phil. 4:13
I will be praying for you! Let's keep in touch so we can encourage each other!

angmillar - A Kentuckian in Japan - now that's something I bet you don't see every day!! Just kidding! Do you happen to be in Nancy Francis' downline? We had a director from Japan recognized at Exec Banquet.

A purely business thing that I have done to aid myself in promoting is to make decisions as I would if I were a director. I have made binders labeled "coaching new consultants" and the like. (And I'm filling them with the necessary information.) I also bought a new phone (the old one died) with an answering machine that I will need when I am a director. Because then I will have a dedicated business line! SInce I did that, I have two potential recruits!

Char

Tara, Prayers and Praises will going up from this end of Kentucky for you as well. I just know that God has great things in store for you and your family!!

pamperedtara said:
angmillar - A Kentuckian in Japan - now that's something I bet you don't see every day!! Just kidding! Do you happen to be in Nancy Francis' downline? We had a director from Japan recognized at Exec Banquet.

HA! You don't have to tell me!! Our first overseas assignment was England, and I taught for the DoDDS schools there. I had soooooo many kids that had trouble understanding my accent. Spelling tests were a real experience. In fact, with some words, I'd have to say it, then get a student to pronounce it!!

Since I've been staying home with my girls the past two years (one is 2 and one is 8 months), I haven't had to worry about my accent!!

BTW, where is Calhoun???

Tara,

I understand completely what you are going through. My husband was working 50-60 hours a week making very little money, 25k, and was miserable. He rarely saw us (me and the 2 kids) and when he did, he was exhausted and just wanted to rest. We chose to move home, back to Alabama from VA, and he quit his job. We have enough in savings to last till January, so he hasn't found a job yet. However, we are working PC (i just joined) and another direct marketing thing in hopes that he can stay home with us. It would just crush my kids, 3 year old, and 9 months, if he had to go back to work.

I believe the Lord will honor our efforts and will continue to bless us for choosing family first.

Best of Luck!
Jessica

angmillar said:
HA! You don't have to tell me!! Our first overseas assignment was England, and I taught for the DoDDS schools there. I had soooooo many kids that had trouble understanding my accent. Spelling tests were a real experience. In fact, with some words, I'd have to say it, then get a student to pronounce it!!

Since I've been staying home with my girls the past two years (one is 2 and one is 8 months), I haven't had to worry about my accent!!

BTW, where is Calhoun???
Western end of the state - about 20 miles from Owensboro.

Tara, I am a high school teacher whose new school year starts tomorrow...
I just joined PC two weeks ago -- already have one recruit and love the support of the company, my director and the other kind, generous women in this forum. I am not as brave as you are yet, but maybe at this time next year--we'll be talking about our past teaching careers. God bless you and your family.

1. How can I submit a suggestion to Pampered Chef?

To submit a suggestion, you can fill out the form on the “Prayers & Suggestions Welcome” page on our website. You can also share your ideas with your local Pampered Chef consultant, who can pass them along to our team.

2. Will I receive a response to my suggestion or prayer?

While we cannot guarantee a response to every suggestion or prayer, we do carefully review and consider all submissions. Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve our products and services.

3. Can I suggest a specific product for Pampered Chef to create?

Yes, we welcome suggestions for new products or improvements to existing ones. Please provide as much detail as possible in your submission, including the need or problem your suggested product would address.

4. How often does Pampered Chef review and consider suggestions?

We have a team dedicated to reviewing and considering suggestions and prayers on a regular basis. However, the timeline for implementation may vary depending on the nature of the suggestion and our current product development plans.

5. Are there any guidelines for submitting a suggestion or prayer?

We ask that all submissions be respectful and adhere to our values and mission as a company. Please also keep in mind that we cannot accept suggestions for products or ideas that may infringe on existing patents or trademarks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katherine
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Stephanie78