• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Homeschooling Help for Children with Dyslexia and Aspergers: Tips and Resources

In summary, the author is considering homeschooling her son with dyslexia and aspergers syndrome, and she has heard good things about the unit-based curriculum Konos. She also recommends Connections Academy.
stacywhitlow
I have a 3 (almost 4) year old daughter that we have been planning to homeschool. Have already started some things. I am seriously thinking of homeschooling my son who is 13 with dyslexia & aspergers syndrome. He is not doing well in a classroom setting at all. He is already a year behind since I held him back in the 1st grade. He struggles in math & reading (as should be expected). The school just isn't giving him what he needs. :confused: Has anyone used Konos homeschool program? They are unit based for grades K-8 so I could teach Emily & Miken the same things but at their own level. Any other suggestions on homeschooling such an age difference at the same time? Any and all suggestions are welcome & appreciated as well as your prayers that this is the right path for our family. Thanks!

bump...want to make sure this gets looked at by you homeschool moms.

I've never heard of the specific curriculum you mentioned, but I have friends who LOVE the unit-studies! I've got a couple of a geography nature that I use with my kids, and they really enjoy them! As far as home schooling your older son...if he's not getting what he needs in the school setting, I say go for it! I think the one on one that you get with homeschooling really helps in those special situations. You can tailor your curriculum directly to his needs. I have an almost 8 year old and a 6 year old (as well as an almost 2 year old who tends to make things a bit difficult at times :) ) and am thankful that we can home school. You need to do whatever you feel is right for your family...all family dynamics are different. I'll keep you in my prayers!

When I homeschooled my kids, I went through Connections Academy. They are wonderful. Send you all the supplies, books, new computer, printer, etc. They even paid 1/2 of my internet bill. It was a free program when I did it but I'm not sure now. They have a website. Connections Academy - Attend Free Online School From Home, I loved the program. They did the whole curriculum, I didn't have to think about it much. I had some work issues (before PC) that didn't allow me the time I needed to help my kids, so back to public they went. I am actually thinking of taking my son out and doing this again. Hope you check them out and get all the info you need.

I homeschooled my son with Aspberger's from 1st through 12th (yes, that's right--all 12) grades, we graduated last June. I did PC for 8 years of it. Email me if you want--I can give you some help I think.

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef products for homeschooling?

Using Pampered Chef products for homeschooling can provide a fun and interactive learning experience for children. The products are designed to be durable and easy to clean, making them perfect for hands-on activities. Additionally, using Pampered Chef products can help children develop important skills such as following instructions, measuring, and cooking.

Which Pampered Chef products are most useful for homeschooling lessons?

There are many Pampered Chef products that can be useful for homeschooling lessons. Some popular choices include the Kids’ Cookie Baking Set, the Deluxe Cooking Blender, and the Rockcrok® Everyday Pan. These products are versatile and can be used for a variety of lessons, from math and science to cooking and nutrition.

Can Pampered Chef products be used for children with special needs?

Yes, Pampered Chef products can be used for children with special needs. The products are designed to be safe and easy to use, and can be adapted to meet the needs of children with different abilities. For example, the Kids’ Cookie Baking Set can be used for children with fine motor skill challenges, while the Deluxe Cooking Blender can be used for children with sensory processing difficulties.

How can Pampered Chef products be incorporated into a homeschooling curriculum?

Pampered Chef products can be incorporated into a homeschooling curriculum in a variety of ways. For example, the Kids’ Cookie Baking Set can be used for a math lesson on fractions, while the Deluxe Cooking Blender can be used for a science lesson on states of matter. Additionally, the products can be used for practical life skills lessons, such as meal planning and cooking.

Do you offer any resources or support for using Pampered Chef products in homeschooling?

Yes, we offer a variety of resources and support for using Pampered Chef products in homeschooling. Our website has a dedicated section for homeschooling ideas and recipes, and we also have a Facebook group for homeschooling families to share tips and ideas. Additionally, our consultants are always available to offer personalized support and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erinb
  • chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies