• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants

In summary, we are watching the news constantly to see which path Ike will take. I am praying all of our consultants and their families on the coast remain safe and are able to evacuate quickly & do not have much damage to their homes upon returning home. My son hopefully, will leave Houston tonight after his classes. Safe travels for all of you in his path. I'm saying thanks even though I'm not on the coast.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
We are watching the news constantly to see which path Ike will take. I am praying all of our consultants and their families on the coast remain safe and are able to evacuate quickly & do not have much damage to their homes upon returning home.
Our son hopefully, will leave Houston tonight after his classes.
Safe travels for all of you in his path.

I'm saying thanks even though I'm not on the coast. San Antonio is supposed to get lots of flooding, tornadoes, and a few days without power. That's the bad assessment.

I'm in prayer with you for those who have to leave their homes or won't/can't leave.

Prayers are with all of you. May God keep you all safe.

My prayers are with all in the path of Ike. My elderly in-laws (with mobility issues) live in Houston as well as 2 BIL's and their families. One of my BIL's called last night and said depending on the forcasts this morning they may be evacuating mom & dad this morning. One BIL and his wife will stay and help at the nursing home her mom lives at - they are NOT evacuating and are actually a place people will be sent. A niece and one of my consultants is on the emergency staff at the hospital so they aren't leaving either.

It actually could be bad across the state. They are saying that it could still be a Cat 1 or 2 by the time it gets to San Antonio/Austin and still a Tropical Storm by the time it gets to North Texas. It could hit DFW or go further east and hit Tyler as a Tropical Storm.
I'm in the DFW area but all of my mom's family is in Houston, I haven't been able to get in touch with my cousins this morning.
I'm definitely saying my prayers!!

My prayers are with all concern with Ike.

Prayers going up here in TN!

All of you will be in my prayers. My niece and her DH are under mandatory evacuation and are leaving this morning. They live 10 min's from Galveston, right were the hurricane is heading.

They are going to San Antonio were my MIL and other niece are. My other niece was moving down to TX to live with her sister and this is her welcome.

yikes! I have cousins in Austin.. (not quite sure if that's affected at all) I'll be thinking of everyone in TX for the next few days... !!!

Austin will be like us in the Dallas metroplex heavy rain, possible tornadoes and heavy winds
they will not need to evacuate

Prayers for all of you!

Stay safe everyone. And, check in with us when it's over please.

Prayers from Alabama for safety for your, your families, your homes and your travel as you flee the storm.

My prayers to everyone out there! Stay safe.

Be safe all of you!! Sending my thoughts & prayers your way!

Ya'll I need some prayer warriors. the coaches told the boys today they were not going to practice today and told them to stay together but to evacuate they are at another athletes parent's home in Corpus Christi.
He called me AFTER they arrived about 45 minutes ago and I can not stop crying. The coaches told them if they live in Dallas area to go somewhere else. I am so worried.

Isn't Corpus Christi on the coast? Why don't they go somewhere else? We'll pray that they all stay safe!

Teresa Lynn said:
Ya'll I need some prayer warriors. the coaches told the boys today they were not going to practice today and told them to stay together but to evacuate they are at another athletes parent's home in Corpus Christi.
He called me AFTER they arrived about 45 minutes ago and I can not stop crying. The coaches told them if they live in Dallas area to go somewhere else. I am so worried.

I'll keep your sons in my prayers.
Hopefully, Corpus will be a better bet than the Houston area. My aunt/uncle that live in Sugar Land are staying put, but my other aunt/uncle and my 91yo grandmother evacuated b/c they live in Galveston county.
As of right now, your sons would probably have a really difficult time getting up here. You'll be in my thoughts as the storm passes and hopefully Corpus won't be hit too hard.

praying for ya'll and myself at the same time even though I am in Louisiana we still we get some bad weather they are making it a mandatory evacuation for the area I work in because they say we can get a tidal surge similar to Rita by dawn tomorrow (Friday) (I work near the Port)

its just my middle son and the track team

janetupnorth said:
Isn't Corpus Christi on the coast? Why don't they go somewhere else? We'll pray that they all stay safe!

Janet - yes Corpus Christi is on the coast, but it's a few hours south of Galveston. According to the models, it's not supposed to be a direct hit on Corpus, but rather the Galveston area. But, if it were my children, I'd still feel safer if they were further inland.

However, during Rita, my aunt/uncle who live in Sugar Land (SW of Houston) evacuated to their lake house in Lufkin (which is in East Texas) and Rita hit their lake house much, much worse than their own house which is less than an hour from the coast. So, you just never know where the eye will go and how much damage will be done.

the coaches told them if they were form the dallas area not to go home the traffic from houston to Austin was already taking 7 hours, but I don't think he thought they were STUPID enough to go to Corpus. (It takes us 5 hours to get to his school) I don't know the time normally to Austin from Houston.

Do you think they could try to go ahead and get to Austin now? I would at least see if they could try!! I don't think it's supposed to hit land until late tomorrow, right? I'm really surprised that the parents whose house they went to didn't say anything to them about going somewhere different. I was freaking out a little this morning, b/c I didn't know what my aunt/uncle were doing with my grandmother (my parents are on a cruise in Alaska right now and my mom was freaking out b/c she didn't know where her mom was).

I think the drive from Houston to Austin is just a few hours, I know it's closer to Austin that Dallas. Austin is almost parallel to Bryan.

I called to ask him to head to his best friend's dorm at College Station and that is when he told me he was already in Corpus. what scares the bejeebers out of me is that they said it can be 300 mile wide.Evidently these parents feel they are safe and the mom was cooking lunch

Teresa Lynn said:
I called to ask him to head to his best friend's dorm at College Station and that is when he told me he was already in Corpus. what scares the bejeebers out of me is that they said it can be 300 mile wide.

Evidently these parents feel they are safe and the mom was cooking lunch

Wow.
I've been in a Cat 2 hurricane while visiting my grandparents when I was little and it scared me. This one seems to be a lot worse than the one I experienced. Especially the 300 mile wide aspect to it. When you look at the models it's red until it reaches the state line, which means even WE might get it pretty bad up here.
I will definitely be saying some prayers for those near the coast.

sending prayers to all those in texas. I hope everyone is safe.

Good LUck you guys! I know EXACTLY what you're going through and I am SO SORRY!!

Related to Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants

Question 1: What is "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants"?

"Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants" is a program created by Pampered Chef to show support and care for our consultants located in South Texas. This program allows us to come together as a company and show our love and support for those who may be experiencing hardships and challenges in their personal and professional lives.

Question 2: How can I participate in "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants"?

There are several ways to participate in "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants." You can join our online prayer group where we share updates and requests for our consultants in South Texas. You can also send cards, notes, or gifts to show your support and encouragement. Additionally, you can donate to our relief fund, which goes towards helping our consultants in need.

Question 3: Who can benefit from "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants"?

Any consultant located in South Texas can benefit from "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants." We understand that life can bring unexpected challenges, and we want to be there for our consultants during these times. Whether it's financial, personal, or health-related, we want to offer our support and prayers for those who need it.

Question 4: Is there a specific time or day for "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants"?

No, there is no specific time or day for "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants." We encourage everyone to send their thoughts and prayers whenever they can and as often as they'd like. Our online group is available 24/7 for updates and requests, so you can participate at your convenience.

Question 5: Can I make a donation to "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants"?

Yes, you can make a donation to "Prayers for Our South Texas Consultants" through our relief fund. Your donations will go towards helping our consultants in need and showing them that we care. You can also donate any unused product credit to the relief fund to be used for our consultants in South Texas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ihavethetools