• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Our House: Disabled Veteran's Family Needs Help | House Update

In summary, a couple shares their struggles of living on a pension and Social Security due to the husband's disability as a veteran. They bought a house that needed repairs and received an offer for help from a group but have been met with delays and uncertainties. However, they recently received an email that there may be funds for the repairs and are asking for prayers for a positive outcome. The wife expresses excitement and asks for continued prayers while sharing pictures of their home. Later, she shares that they have received the funds and work will begin soon. The community sends prayers and gratitude for the husband's sacrifice.
grainsmommy
I'm new here and don't know many of you, but we need all the prayers we can get to jump this last little hurdle.For a little background--my husband is a disabled veteran. He lost his lower left leg in Iraq in 2003 and is now in school to be a Prosthetist/Orthotist. He graduates May 2009 and until then we've been living on his pension and most recently, Social Security, as they finally declared him disabled. We've been so well blessed, though, and have managed to get out of debt, save an emergency fund and pay off lots of our house loan. We bought it for 120k 27 months ago and now owe less than 91k. When we bought the house, (built in 1915 in the historic district here in town), it was livable and we should have known something was up when they wouldn't give us the utility bills, but we were buying in TX from WA state, so it was a very rushed and messy closing. We love our house and hope to live here a long time, but once we came down we got to doing cosmetic restoration and realized that there was a lot more going on than we thought. We haven't had the time, (with hubby in school and I'm a SAHM), or the money to do what needs to be done, though we have done thousands in repairs ourselves.Last February we were talking to our Veteran's Representative and she asked if we needed any home repairs. We jumped at the chance to have any help at all and we were paired with a group (Coalition to Salute America's Heroes), who said they'd help. We've seen numerous contractors over the last several months and had promises of the work starting in July. It never did. This has been a serious source of frustration. Well, this morning I just got an e-mail from the guy looking for funding and here is my blog post about this: ******Well, this is an answer to prayer and it's also a call for prayer. I just got an e-mail from Dan Vargas, the guy who is working on funding to get our house fixed, (not the contractor, but the head guy from Coalition to Salute America's Heroes), and he said..."Good Day! Just letting you know that I am in New York next week and should have a final plan to get this all together."to which I replied..."Does this mean it was approved and it's time to get excited?? :D"to which he replied back..."That means I have a percentage of the money and I am head to NY to ask and get approved the rest for the whole project. I will call you from there with the news."after which I jumped up and down in my seat and did a little jig! Premature excitement? Possibly, but it has been expedited as we prayed for, and now we'll have an answer next week. That answer could maybe be no, but please pray it is YES! and that we'll have construction crews at our house in a couple of weeks. I could pee my pants right now. Maybe we'll have a totally warm house when it gets cold outside! Maybe I'll actually pee in the warmth this winter instead of holding it as long as possible so as not to sit on a cold potty. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!Thank every one of you who has been praying, and hopefully the prayers for this issue will be ceased soon and the praise can begin! ******So, please, PLEASE pray for us. This is such an exciting and nervous time. I'm just happy we'll finally have a definitive answer, as he's been incredibly elusive this whole time.Here are some pix of the house if anyone is interested in this sort of thing and wants to see:http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/teha_67/house%20progress/Thanks for reading the novel and thanks for the prayers!! :)OMG WE GOT IT!!!!!! THEY'LL BE HERE NEXT WEEK!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO! Thank you all SOOO much for your prayers!!

Last edited:
Prayers on the way. I hope that it comes through for you.

I really hope it works out too! I'll try to remember to KEEP praying for you - keep us posted!

I LOVE your front porch!

I will definitely be praying for you and you family.

Prayers for all of you and a huge thank you to your husband for his sacrafice!

Prayers coming your way!!

I so hope this works out for you. I'll be praying that God will clear away red tape and help make the way smooth.

First of all please tell your husband thank you for everything he has done for our country. And thank you for sticking by his side!

I hope this all works out for you as it is very deserving!

Proud Air Force Wife of 6 years Jenny

I pray that God works in mysterious and EXCITING ways for you guys! Prayers that this will be the quick(er) answer to your problems!

Thank your DH for all he has done for us...and thanks to YOU too!!

Prayers for you from TN! I am so thankful for men like your husband who are willing to fight for their country! I pray that all the red tape will "vanish" and your home can be repaired soon! Maybe you should invest in one of those "warming potty seats". Not sure where to get them but I know they exist!

He just dropped me an e-mail and said he needed my contact info and a number he could reach me at ASAP. I'm so nervous I could puke!

Can't he call already!?! :blushing:

What is "Prayers for Our House"?

"Prayers for Our House" is a collection of prayers specifically written for the home. These prayers cover a variety of topics such as protection, blessings, peace, and gratitude.

Who can use "Prayers for Our House"?

Anyone can use "Prayers for Our House" regardless of their religious beliefs. These prayers are meant to be inclusive and can be used by individuals or families of any faith.

How can I access "Prayers for Our House"?

"Prayers for Our House" can be accessed through our Pampered Chef website or through our mobile app. You can also purchase a physical copy of the book from one of our independent consultants.

Are there specific rituals or requirements for using "Prayers for Our House"?

There are no specific rituals or requirements for using "Prayers for Our House". It is up to the individual or family to decide how often and in what way they would like to incorporate these prayers into their home life.

Can I make changes to the prayers in "Prayers for Our House"?

Yes, you can make changes or additions to the prayers in "Prayers for Our House" to fit your personal beliefs or needs. These prayers are meant to be a guide and can be personalized as desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Chef_2_Four