• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Divorce: Support for a 4-Year-Old DS

In summary, the author's husband and she are getting divorced and they have a 4-year-old son. They ask for prayers and receive a lot from the community.
Kodeysmom
Gold Member
Just wanted to ask for a prayer from you guys. As of today my husband and i are getting divorced. We have a 4 yr old DS so any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Oh, I am so sorry. I am sure you did not reach this decision easily. My heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Warm thoughts headed your way....

My thoughts are with you and your son. Piece of advice - don't tell your son in the car (my mom told me as she was driving down the freeway - had to pull over I guess I cried so much - I was almost 3)

Last edited:
more prayers coming your way.

Prayers are coming your way. I have never experienced divorce so I don't have any advice for you, but take care.

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry- I hate to hear of things like this- I'm very sad for all of you! Very, very sad indeed... I will pray for you all!!!

Ditto what Kacey said...

Lots of {{{HUGS}}} and prayers to you and your little one!

My prayers and thoughts also go out to you and your son. Please vent, cry, scream, whatever you have to do to us anytime you need.

So sorry to hear this Freedom! Hugs - take care.

I'm sorry to hear this, it is not an easy road so prayers will be coming your way.

Yeah, it all blew up this morning and he was supposed to meet me at the house after he got off of work to discuss everything. He gets off at 5:00 and it is now 7:35. So I am assuming he is not coming. My mom took DS and is on here way back with him now. I am just ready to get on with things and move on with life.
Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts-it truly does make things easier.

well, that sux Freedom.....I will pray you and DS get thru this with minimal drama and trauma.

Freedom, it's amazing how much this forum has helped me through my divorce. Lean on us, stay close to your family and friends, and remind yourself you're in God's hands. There IS a plan, you know, even if we can't see it.

Kodeysmom said:
Yeah, it all blew up this morning and he was supposed to meet me at the house after he got off of work to discuss everything. He gets off at 5:00 and it is now 7:35. So I am assuming he is not coming. My mom took DS and is on here way back with him now. I am just ready to get on with things and move on with life.
Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts-it truly does make things easier.

Very sorry! Maybe he didn't come because he deep down doesn't want the divorce but doesn't know how to get the ball rolling to make things work. ?? Sorry- I'm one of those people that actually tries to help people fight for the marriage that God inteded them to have when they got married- so I'm so sorry that this is happening for your family. Please let me know how we can be here for you and pray for you ...

You will each be in my prayers.

hugs to you & your son. :)

I am praying for you and your son...and your ex. I went through this when my DD was 9. It is so hard but know that God understands. No, He doesn't like divorce, but like any other "sin", it is forgiven so don't let that get to you. Two things: (1) Explain as best you can to your son that daddy isn't coming home for a little while but that he does love him very much. (2) Get into a DivorceCare class through a local church. Both of these bits of advice saved my sanity! One more thing...be sure you have money in the bank under your name only. Otherwise, he can take anything out of accounts with both your names on them without your being notified.HUGS!

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Yup-got lots of phone calls and stuff tomorrow and new bank account to open.
DH(ex soon) finally did show up about 5 minutes after my mom brought my DS back. Said we could have whatever we wanted and he would take what was left and take all of the bills. I guess this has been coming down the pipeline for awhile. We basically turned into roommates raising a child together. No arguing or anything-so that's good.
So hard to explain to a 4 year old. He has only lived in this house and him and I are the ones moving out.
Going to be so hard to be a single mother. Trying to handle everything!! At least I have a decent paying job. And a great family to help me through this.
Thanks again, I'll keep updating.

I'm so sorry to hear this - lots of prayers going out to you.

One questino - why does he get to keep the house?? Get yourself a good divorce lawyer and get everything you and your son are entitled to. Don't just do what he says - he's only thinking of what is in HIS best interest right now - you need to think for you and your son. (((HUGS))) that you have to go through this at all, but please get some professional help with the financial aspects so you don't regret decisions you make now, later on down the road.

Well I told him he could have the house. Its not very expensive-got a great deal on it but $750 month plus all the bills to go with it. But looks like I am not going to find anything much cheaper-we have lived here for 5 years. At this point I am really not sure what is going on-what needs to be going on -nothing.

Don't move out until you talk to a lawyer. Your lawyer will help you. Also, don't share a lawyer, each of you get your own.

Related to Prayers for Divorce: Support for a 4-Year-Old DS

1. What are "Prayers for Divorce" and who is it for?

"Prayers for Divorce" is a book written for children whose parents are going through a divorce. It is specifically designed for 4-year-old children, but can be helpful for children of any age who are struggling with their parents' divorce.

2. Why is it important to support a 4-year-old during a divorce?

Children at this age are still developing their understanding of the world and may not have the emotional maturity to process the changes that come with divorce. Providing support and reassurance can help them cope and adjust to the changes in their family.

3. How can "Prayers for Divorce" help a 4-year-old?

The book offers age-appropriate prayers and affirmations that can help a child feel loved, secure, and understood during this challenging time. It also provides guidance for parents on how to talk to their child about divorce and ways to help them cope.

4. Is "Prayers for Divorce" a religious book?

While the book does include prayers, it is not specific to any particular religion. The prayers are written in a universal way that can resonate with families of any faith or belief system.

5. Can "Prayers for Divorce" be used in conjunction with therapy or counseling?

Yes, "Prayers for Divorce" can be a helpful tool in conjunction with therapy or counseling. It can help reinforce positive messages and provide a safe space for a child to express their feelings and concerns about the divorce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies