• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Stress, Job Change, & Pampered Chef Business Growth

In summary, you are making a major life change and this is always very stressful. You have solid goals and it sounds like they are well thought out and right for you and your family. We all have to take those first steps!
Shawnna
Gold Member
Okay gals...and guys:

I am in need of a lot of prayer for STRESS. I am currently working a full time job, helping my husband run a new restaurant and catering business, a small cattle farm, going to college full time in the evenings...I will be finished in December, YEAH ME... and trying to stay active in PC. My job is really stressing me out and it gets worse every day. Through much prayer, I have decided the time is right for me to help my husband full time...which means being a stay-at-home mom...we have 3 children - 16, 13, 10 - who are very active socially. So, I am planning to leave my job December 31st. I haven't given my notice yet, because I don't want to do it too early, but I intend to go to the house. This gives me more opportunity to spend time with my children and husband, grow our business, and grow my PC business. This is a hard decision for me. I like working and I like having my own money and not having to always ask before I buy something. I have a good job, that pays well for my area and I have health insurance and retirement. But, I just feel like it is time to move on. So I would appreciate all of your support...even though I don't know you personally, I know you are good supportive people who would be willing to pray for me. Perhaps this is not the place for this kind of request, but I would appreciate it.

You are making major life changes and those are always very stressful! You are in my prayers! You have solid goals and it sounds like they are well thought out and right for you and your family. We all have to take those first steps!

The bonus is that you'll end up with time to grow your PC business and we all know the potential there!! The trick to make that work is to be sure to SCHEDULE your business. Do something every day. A business on the back burner gets cold - it can be reheated but it's easier to at least keep it simmering and fresh. Throw in some nutritious veges (new contacts, new energy) every day and you'll rock!

With everything else you have going on the PC business might very well have to simmer for a bit and that will be okay too! Did you know that some of the TOP people in PC went inactive many times before the time was right for them to reap their garden?!

Keep the faith!

You've got them!You have our prayers. ((((HUGS))))

Your schedule sounds a lot like mine. Crazy busy all the time! Make sure you're taking breaks, even if you have to hide in the bathroom for 5 minutes here and there so you don't end up exhausting yourself in the meantime.

Good luck with this. I'm sure you will do fine. Make sure you set aside an hour or two a day at least 3 times a week for "PC business" so that you work your business every day. While sitting and waiting in the car when picking up and dropping off your kids is a great time to make calls to check in with hosts, follow-up on drawing slips and potential hosts & consulatants, and customer care calls.

I'll keep you in my prayers that this work out and be a great thing for you and your family.

Shawnna,

You can do it!!!! I was in a similiar situation 2 years ago. Working FT, school FT, pregnant, hubby in Alaska, 2 kids 9 & 12 in everything. BUT, after I had the baby and went back to my miserable job (actually job was good, management was bad!) I decided it just wasn't worth it and I'd rather work in a coffee shop or something than STRESS myself and the family out!

Well, I quit, tried to get my PC business going-but had to take care of Father in law full time--so did PC very part time. But beginning of this year, things changed (he passed away) and now I've been able to give it my all and I've promoted to Director, have a full show schedule, and keep recruiting! It can happen.

by the way, over my 12yrs, I've gone inactive 3 times!!! Just hit the $15k again!!!! Should get another whisk this month :)

Just keep pluggin away and praying for what you want. It WILL happen. Good luck with the schooling and restaurant business! That's fun stuff too.

Hang in--you only have 3 1/2 mo to go!!!!!!! Let the countdown begin :)

Prayers and hugs for you. P.S. check the insurance coverage you can get a quote on in Consultant's Corner. It's not as expensive as you might think, and a business write off, I believe!

1. What are some tips for managing stress while juggling a job change and growing a Pampered Chef business?

Managing stress is essential in any situation, but especially when dealing with a job change and business growth. Here are a few tips that can help:

• Set realistic goals and prioritize your tasks.
  • Take breaks and make time for self-care.
  • Delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.
  • Stay organized and create a schedule to manage your time effectively.
  • Stay positive and focus on the end goal.

2. How can I maintain a work-life balance while growing my Pampered Chef business?

Maintaining a work-life balance is crucial for your overall well-being and success. Here are some tips to help you achieve it:

• Set boundaries and stick to them. Learn to say no to tasks that may interfere with your personal life.
  • Schedule time for yourself and your loved ones.
  • Learn to disconnect and take breaks from work.
  • Delegate tasks and prioritize your time.
  • Remember to make time for self-care and relaxation.

3. How can I manage my time effectively while dealing with a job change and growing my Pampered Chef business?

Time management is crucial when juggling multiple responsibilities. Here are some tips to help you manage your time effectively:

• Create a schedule and prioritize your tasks.
  • Set realistic goals and deadlines.
  • Eliminate distractions and focus on one task at a time.
  • Delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.
  • Take breaks and make time for self-care.

4. Are there any resources or tools available to help me manage stress and grow my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available to help you manage stress and grow your business. Here are a few suggestions:

• Join a support group or network with other Pampered Chef consultants.
  • Attend training sessions and workshops provided by Pampered Chef.
  • Utilize online resources and tools provided by Pampered Chef, such as the Consultant Center and online training courses.
  • Take advantage of social media and use it to connect with other consultants and potential customers.
  • Consider hiring a business coach or mentor for personalized guidance and support.

5. Is it normal to experience stress and challenges while growing a Pampered Chef business?

Yes, it is normal to experience stress and challenges while growing a business. Remember that with any new venture, there will be ups and downs. Here are some things to keep in mind:

• Stay positive and focus on your goals.
  • Don't be afraid to ask for help or seek guidance from others.
  • Celebrate your successes and learn from your failures.
  • Take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout.
  • Remember that challenges and setbacks are opportunities for growth and improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
heather223
  • chefpenny99
  • General Chat