• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for My MIL's Health: Battling Pancreatitis & a Large Cyst

In summary, the speaker's mother-in-law has been hospitalized three times since the beginning of December due to a severe case of pancreatitis and a large cyst on her stomach. The lining of her stomach has thinned, making surgery to remove the cyst risky. However, the doctor has allowed her to start eating solid foods again, bringing some relief. The next test is scheduled for a week from Monday, and the family is praying for the cyst to reduce in size. They appreciate the thoughts and prayers from others.
D'scookins307
Beginning of December my MIL went to the floor and could get up. Found herself week and vomiting. Luckily brought her phone and call her Hubby who rushed home and forced her to the ER. She has had a horrible case of Pancreitis that has come on her for unknown reasons. To top it off, somehow ended up with a cist on her stomach that has grown soo large that it has collapsed her stomach.

She has been hospitilized 3 times since the beginning. She currently is at home for the second time and still on the feeding tube and has constant family care. The lining of her stomach has thinned so much that they have been unable to do surgery to drain the cist in fear of rupturing her stomach. To top all of this off, her pancreis has been leeking onto her gulbladder in which they now plan on removing if they can somehow get the cist to reduce or surgically remove it.

Best news in five weeks today, doc says he will let her eat whatever she thinks she can handle:D. Finally off the clear liquid diet and loving it. She went to Applebees first thing and after having a disappointing menu of soups she ordered some mashed tater and raspberry tea! Cheapest date she's ever been and probably best meal she can remember:p! LOL She was ready to do cartwheels (in her dreams of coarse) when she spoak with doc today.

Next test is week from Monday, back to her doc that wednesday to find out the situation on the cist and the reprocussions they will then decide to take! Please pray that she be part of the lower statistic that will show the cist reducing in size finally on its own. Other option which her doc forsees is that it will have grown even much more:(! Thank you all for your thoughts and considerations. God bless!:)

Praying for her, you and yours

Your whole family is in our prayers. This sounds like it has been traumatic for all of you. What a ray of hope that she has made such an improvement. Praying that the cyst will be healed as well.

praying for her.

Dear friend,I am so sorry to hear about your MIL's health struggles. It must have been a difficult time for the whole family. I am glad she has such a supportive and caring family to help her through this tough journey.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I cannot imagine how challenging it must have been for her to have such limited options on her clear liquid diet. I am thrilled to hear that she can finally enjoy some of her favorite foods again, and I hope she continues to improve and regain her strength.Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending positive vibes and healing energy towards your MIL, and I truly hope that she will be part of the lower statistic and see a reduction in the size of the cyst. Please keep us updated on her progress, and do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to support you and your family during this difficult time.Take care and stay strong.Sincerely,

1. What does "Please Pray for My Mil" mean?

"Mil" is short for "mother-in-law," so when someone says "Please Pray for My Mil," they are asking for prayers for their mother-in-law.

2. Why would someone ask for prayers for their mother-in-law?

There could be many reasons why someone would ask for prayers for their mother-in-law. She may be going through a difficult time, dealing with health issues, or facing a challenging situation. Asking for prayers is a way to show love and support for someone who is important to them.

3. Can I pray for someone's mother-in-law even if I don't know them?

Yes, you can definitely pray for someone's mother-in-law even if you don't know them personally. Prayer is a powerful way to show love and support for others, and it doesn't require a personal connection.

4. What is the best way to pray for someone's mother-in-law?

There is no one "right" way to pray for someone's mother-in-law. Some may choose to pray silently on their own, while others may gather in a group to pray together. The most important thing is to pray with a genuine heart and to lift up the specific needs and concerns of the mother-in-law.

5. Is there anything else I can do to support someone who asks for prayers for their mother-in-law?

Absolutely! Along with praying, you can also offer words of encouragement, send a thoughtful card or gift, or simply be there to listen and support them. Every little act of kindness can make a big difference in someone's life, especially during a challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • milkangel
  • General Chat