• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potatoes and Carrots with Chicken: Best Time to Add Them?

In summary, some people have tried to put potatoes and carrots in with the chicken, and it has worked both ways. Some people have also tried it in the microwave without the turntable. The chicken turned out fine both times, and the one time someone added small potatoes and carrots, it turned out wrinkled.
KellyRedHead
Has anyone here ever tried to put potatoes and carrots in with the chicken?

And if you did, when did you put them in? When the chicken first goes in or half way?

I put them in last night when I put the chicken in and the carrots were wrinkled up and the potatoes were so-so.

Kelly

I have. I put them in at the beginning. I put carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in. Turned out great! Maybe you cut the vegetables too small?

I have heard of people making the veggies in either the rice cooker or micro cooker when the chicken is resting or in the oven on a stone while the chicken is cooking.

How about a pot roast or pork tenderloin?

I added some small red potatoes the other night. I first melted some butter and added some Italain seasoning then tossed the whole unpeeled potatoes in the mixture and put them around the chicken before putting it in. They were perfect!

Maybe I cut them up to small. The red potatoes were cut in half and the host gave me those baby carrots. SO that could have been it.
And I forgot to coat them with the chicken mixture like suggested in the recipe.

Kelly

I don't have the deep covered baker and wondered if the square baker would work as well. I tried it last night and the square baker is just a little big for my microwave. So I transferred it to the deep dish baker (the classic one) and microwaved it. It turned out great. The skin was really good too. I rubbed garlic salt, paprika and the rosemary herb on it and it looked beautiful when it came out. Has anyone else tried this. Will the glazed deep dish baker fit as well? Is there any reason I shouldn't be doing this?

I can't wait to FINALLY get the DCB this month so I can do this!

chee65 said:
I don't have the deep covered baker and wondered if the square baker would work as well. I tried it last night and the square baker is just a little big for my microwave. So I transferred it to the deep dish baker (the classic one) and microwaved it. It turned out great. The skin was really good too. I rubbed garlic salt, paprika and the rosemary herb on it and it looked beautiful when it came out. Has anyone else tried this. Will the glazed deep dish baker fit as well? Is there any reason I shouldn't be doing this?
The glazed DDB will fit, if the unglazed one does. The only real difference is that the glazed is a little deeper (which would actually help hold a little more of the heat back toward the chicken). And the Pie Plate would work, as well.

The DCB fits in my microwave but not with enough room to rotate, so I made the chicken in my DDB (glazed). I threw this together at the last minute to take to my daughter's for an impromptu pot luck. Being that I wanted to transport it in the DCB, I placed the DCB with approx 1" of water, covered, into the oven at 350 for about 7 min to heat up the DCB. Then when the chicken was done I discarded the water, put the chicken in the DCB to rest
while on the way to my dtr's. It was very moist & kept warm during the trip.
(it was about zero out that day)
I must say, my DH was VERY skeptical about doing this in the microwave because her thought it would be rubbery, but he's a believer now!
Next time I will use myflour/sugar shaker for the spices.

Has anyone tried it in the microwave without the turntable? I was a little
concerned it wouldn't cook evenly.

My microwave doesn't have a turntable. I made the chicken last week & it turned out just fine. I turned it 1/4 turn after 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. It took longer than 30 minutes because it's really old & has lower voltage than most but other than the time, everything turned out great.

My microwave doesn't have a turntable, either. I turned it 180 degrees at 15 minutes, and it was fine. The 10 minute rest period helps the residual heat in the chicken even out and bring the whole thing up to the same temp.

I have made this twice and the one time I added small potatoes and carrots and the potatoes were wrinkled up. I guess I'll have to try red potatoes. Thanks!:)

Related to Potatoes and Carrots with Chicken: Best Time to Add Them?

1. How do I make the chicken tender and juicy in 30 minutes?

The key to making tender and juicy chicken in 30 minutes is to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before cooking. This ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and doesn't dry out. You can also marinate the chicken in buttermilk or a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs for added tenderness.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for the 30 minute chicken recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe. However, you will need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked. It's important to use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.

3. What are some good side dishes to serve with the 30 minute chicken?

Some delicious side dishes to serve with the 30 minute chicken include roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, or a simple salad. You can also pair it with your favorite pasta dish or serve it over a bed of quinoa for a healthy and filling meal.

4. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use bone-in chicken for this recipe. However, the cooking time will be slightly longer than if you use boneless chicken. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked, with an internal temperature of 165°F.

5. Can I substitute chicken breast for chicken thighs in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute chicken thighs for chicken breast in this recipe. Keep in mind that chicken thighs will have a slightly longer cooking time than chicken breast. You can also use a combination of both chicken breast and thighs for added flavor and variety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Yakmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies