• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potato Chowder Recipe...in the Oven?

In summary, this recipe for potato chowder can be easily adapted to be made in the oven for a hands-off cooking experience. You do not need to pre-cook the potatoes and can use frozen potatoes if desired. The chowder needs to bake in the oven for about 45 minutes and you can add in any other vegetables you like, adjusting the cooking time accordingly.
lovescooking
Gold Member
Ok, I have a customer that would like to know if someone has made the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the oven?? The DCB will not fit in her microwave and she really wants to make this recipe.

I'd think that would take forever. I think the recipe includes stovetop instructions. That'd be much easier, but it wouldn't use the DCB.

Soup isn't cooked in the oven. If you have the "It's good for you" cookbook, look at the Smashed Potato Soup recipe. It's very similar. I'd cook it that way- but it wouldn't be a DCB recipe if it isn't in the microwave.Personally- I'd precook my potatoes in the microwave (peeled and probably on a plate if she didn't have something to fit). Then do the Batter Bowl step for the milk/cream cheese- and precook it in the microwave maybe. Then I'd just put the cooked potatoes in a stockpot on the stovetop...coarsely mashed as instructed on the recipe. Then add the milk/cream cheese mix and just cook on the stovetop until heated through.I've not TRIED it yet- but see no reason that wouldn't work.

Another alternative would be to use the Rice Cooker Plus. You might have to half the recipe for this to work.

I had a party where the microwave was too small for the DCB, so we microwaved the potatoes and then added them to the DCB with the other ingredients and heated it in the oven.

esavvymom... I have made Smashed Potato Soup before. You are right, soup isn't cooked in the oven. I will share this recipe with her and the other tip you shared. Maybe between to 2 she can finally have her soup or chowder.

Thanks

1. Can I make this potato chowder in the oven instead of on the stove?

Yes, absolutely! Our recipe for potato chowder can be easily adapted to be made in the oven for a hands-off cooking experience.

2. Do I need to pre-cook the potatoes before putting them in the oven?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the potatoes. Simply chop them into bite-sized pieces and they will cook perfectly in the oven with the rest of the ingredients.

3. Can I use frozen potatoes instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen potatoes in this recipe. Just be sure to thaw them completely before adding them to the chowder.

4. How long does this potato chowder need to bake in the oven?

The chowder needs to bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.

5. Can I add other vegetables to this potato chowder recipe?

Absolutely! Feel free to add in any other vegetables you like, such as carrots, celery, or corn. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • mgranich