• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Postcards - Trying Something New...

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of postcards for download on Tasty Tidbits, their compatibility with VistaPrint, and the option to add personal text. There is also a request for a modified version of a postcard and a discussion about potential changes for future versions. The conversation also mentions a poll and the difference between using the postcards for printing at home or ordering through VistaPrint.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I put these together and plan to have them available for download on Tasty Tidbits as soon as I get the consultant-only site up and running. (My programmer is working on it in the next few weeks, so the free flyers will be back soon!)

I initially designed these postcards to work with VistaPrint... they are sized according to their design guidelines. You can upload and then add your own text in the blank area before printing.

And they are pdf so you can just print them off on your own at home. There are text fields in the blank spaces so you can type your own text in there.

If you are interested, would you mind testing out these pdfs and let me know what needs to be tweaked? For example, can you print them out correctly (I think you can set them 4 to a page in Adobe reader, but I"m not 100% certain it translates the right way from when I set it up.)

Attachments

• Expiring PHD-fillable.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 474
  • ShowReminderDates-fillable.pdf
    785.6 KB · Views: 470
Joy, I love the Show Reminder postcard! Is it possible to make a version that has the first date as "Send me your invite list" for those of us who mail out invitations for our hosts? If not, I understand.. just a thought.

Hi Joy, I may not be the best guinny pig, but I tried to get this to print 4 to a page, but the only thing it did is print one image. It was smaller and looked like 4 would go on a page, but I can't change the document, other than putting my own info into it.

I love these they are great!

Super cute......love them!

KristinS said:
Joy, I love the Show Reminder postcard! Is it possible to make a version that has the first date as "Send me your invite list" for those of us who mail out invitations for our hosts? If not, I understand.. just a thought.

I can add it to the list but I can't guarantee I'll get to it anytime soon.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Hi Joy, I may not be the best guinny pig, but I tried to get this to print 4 to a page, but the only thing it did is print one image. It was smaller and looked like 4 would go on a page, but I can't change the document, other than putting my own info into it.

I love these they are great!

I wonder if I have to make it a 4 to a page layout.... in that case, you would have to type in (or copy/paste) your info 4 times... would that be too much of a pain?

Nope, I can copy and paste. :)

PampChefJoy said:
I can add it to the list but I can't guarantee I'll get to it anytime soon.
Hey Joy, I'm doing a poll right now about this, and so far, more people would probably be interested in one that said "send me your list" vs. "send out your invitations".I think it's absolutely adorable, but couldn't use it the way it is written right now.

Joy, I was just playing around with Vista Print. I was able to save a copy to my computer and then upload to Vista Print. The fill box (I don't know if that is what it is called) disappeared. I can add a text box in, but just wanted to let you know.

Also, if you do make it 4 per page, I don't think it would work to upload to Vista Print?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Joy, I was just playing around with Vista Print. I was able to save a copy to my computer and then upload to Vista Print. The fill box (I don't know if that is what it is called) disappeared. I can add a text box in, but just wanted to let you know.

Also, if you do make it 4 per page, I don't think it would work to upload to Vista Print?

Well I would actually make a different hi-resolution version available for VistaPrint (I didn't upload it here because it's almost 3MB), and yes, you would have to add the text box yourself within VistaPrint... that was my original intent, but then I decided to make it available as a fillable PDF for those that want to print at home themselves instead of ordering through VistaPrint.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Joy, I'm doing a poll right now about this, and so far, more people would probably be interested in one that said "send me your list" vs. "send out your invitations".

I think it's absolutely adorable, but couldn't use it the way it is written right now.

I have a bunch of different ones I'm trying to finish, but I will definitely make sure to add it to the list.

PampChefJoy said:
Well I would actually make a different hi-resolution version available for VistaPrint, and yes, you would have to add the text box yourself within VistaPrint... that was my original intent, but then I decided to make it available as a fillable PDF for those that want to print at home themselves instead of ordering through VistaPrint.

You are so great! You are going above and beyond! :thumbup::thumbup:

Joy I love these I was looking for a phd card today so I am going to work on these and give them a try thanks so much for creating them.

As usual, they are adorable.

So cute! Once again, you rock, Joy!

Cute! Agreed with Becky; it'd be great to have one that said "get me your guest list by..". Thanks for being so creative!

I love these!

As long as I'm making a list, feel free to throw out anything else on your wish list in case I've missed something on my to-do list.

PampChefJoy said:
As long as I'm making a list, feel free to throw out anything else on your wish list in case I've missed something on my to-do list.

What else is on your to-do list?

These are awesome!

I would love a postcard that invites potential recruits to team training. I try to come up with cute things to send but I'm not that creative.

They are brilliant.

The To-Do list (mind you, I haven't set a timeframe for all of these yet!):postcards:
-Thank you for scheduling a catalog show (tips for success)
-It's time to send your invites (reminder)
-It's time to call your guests (reminder)
-Guess what I'm doing! (new consultant announcement)
-Thank you (blank - in multiple design styles)
-Thank you for your order
-Gift card/gift certificate (multiple styles, also available as a folded notecard)
-Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc (for the holidays later this year)
-Happy Birthday
(All postcards will be available as email templates for subscribers as well)Mini-catty insert with current guest special & upcoming host specials to encourage bookingsTri-fold brochure for fairs/boothsI wanted to design stickers too but I'm limited to only a few basic label sizes so I'm still thinking on the best way to do that. I don't think I have the time to actually get them printed professionally and then try to fill orders.

PampChefJoy said:
The To-Do list (mind you, I haven't set a timeframe for all of these yet!):

Postcards:
-Gift card/gift certificate (multiple styles, also available as a folded notecard)
-Happy Birthday
(All postcards will be available as email templates for subscribers as well)

Mini-catty insert with current guest special & upcoming host specials to encourage bookings

Tri-fold brochure for fairs/booths

I wanted to design stickers too but I'm limited to only a few basic label sizes so I'm still thinking on the best way to do that. I don't think I have the time to actually get them printed professionally and then try to fill orders.

I guess I would just ad a reminder postcard - "I'm waiting for your guest list!"

Here's a revision...

Attachments

• ShowReminderDates-guestlist.pdf
    866.8 KB · Views: 306
LOVE IT Joy!!! Thank you!!!:)

FANTASTIC as usual Joy!

Joy, to me that is the best host coaching postcard I've seen!

It's professional, but has humor and fun - it's a postcard that will make hosts excited about their party!

ChefBeckyD said:

It's professional, but has humor and fun - it's a postcard that will make hosts excited about their party!

:thumbup:Becky, you took the words right out of my mouth. Hosts are going to love these. Great job Joy!

Thank you! I had purchased the license to use these trademarked cartoon figures last year and have been waiting for the right opportunity to design something with them. I think they are a cute representation of what PC could be, without infringing upon HO's copyrighted chef hat logo. I personally cannot sketch worth a darn, so I needed to find clip art that I could copy, because I am surely not going to draw anything myself!

ChefBeckyD said:

absolutely! I'd definately use this one (and I am not a postcard kind of girl).

PampChefJoy said:
The To-Do list (mind you, I haven't set a timeframe for all of these yet!):

Postcards:
-Happy Birthday
(All postcards will be available as email templates for subscribers as well)

Mini-catty insert with current guest special & upcoming host specials to encourage bookings

Tri-fold brochure for fairs/booths

I wanted to design stickers too but I'm limited to only a few basic label sizes so I'm still thinking on the best way to do that. I don't think I have the time to actually get them printed professionally and then try to fill orders.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: that you are creating these to be used with Vista Print! I am so dull when it comes to creating my own postcards - I can't wait to upload these into Vista and print them.

What about a "Wrap it Up" card to remind hosts when we are closing her show? I also use an "I Love Referrals" card and would love to see how it looks from your creative perspective.

Great job as usual!!!

I think it's absolutely adorable:love:

Joy are any of these other post card options available anywhere? (another thread?) I've looked on the website but didn't see any. I love what you have done but until the reminders one comes in from Vista I was hoping to print at home on my Avery 4pt post cards but can't seem to do it. Just wondering.

1. What are the postcards for and where can I find them?

The postcards are designed to promote new products or specials for Pampered Chef and can be found on the Tasty Tidbits blog once the consultant-only site is up and running. They can also be customized and ordered through VistaPrint or printed at home using the provided pdfs.

2. How do I add my own text to the postcards?

The postcards have blank areas where you can add your own text before printing. You can do this by uploading the postcard to VistaPrint and adding text using their design tools, or by opening the pdf in Adobe Reader and using the text fields provided to type in your own text.

3. Can I print the postcards at home?

Yes, the postcards are designed to be printed at home using the provided pdfs. You can also set them to print four to a page in Adobe Reader for more efficient printing.

4. Are the postcards only available for consultants?

While the postcards are initially designed for consultants, they can also be used by anyone who wants to promote Pampered Chef products and specials. They are available for everyone to access and use.

5. Can I provide feedback on the postcards?

Yes, the designer welcomes feedback on the postcards and would appreciate any suggestions for improvement. You can test out the pdfs and provide feedback on any tweaks that may need to be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • pcsharon1
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • sandilou