1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Postage Increase

1. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Just a reminder: The USPS will be increasing their postage rates on Monday, May 11. What now costs me $4.95 to mail a host packet will be $5.+?

UGG:cry:

May 8, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Good reminder! It is almost getting to the point it is to expensive to mail anything these days!

USPS needs some competition!

3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Priority and express are not changing.

There is a nice little chart at my PO. There is prob one online too.

May 8, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

On May 11 the price for a 1-ounce First-Class Mail stamp will increase from 42¢ to 44¢. Prices for other mailing services — Standard Mail, Periodicals, Package Services (including Parcel Post), and Extra Services — will also change. The average increase by class of mail is at or below the rate of inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index.

See Complete Price List (PDF)

Customers can use their Forever Stamps — regardless of when purchased — to mail 1-ounce letters after the price change, without the need for additional postage. Forever Stamps are widely available through Post Offices, commercial retail outlets such as grocery stores, and online.

Prices for mailing services will continue to adjust each May. Prices for most shipping services, including Express Mail and Priority Mail, were adjusted in January and will not change in May.

5. etteluap70PC

Thanks Holly!

May 8, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

So what should I do with all the postcard stamps I have? Will they have a small stamp amount that I can get to cover the difference?

And don't forget, that it's actually 10 cents cheaper to print off your flat rate Priority mail envelopes from the USPS website--plus it even gives you free email delivery confirmation.

May 8, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

You will be able to get 1cent stamps to add to your post cards (such a pain!!!!)

May 8, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I wish they'd pass the costs along to the Junk/Bulk mail users! Stop punishing the average person. All it does is drive more people to use E-mail and online bill pay- which is why they are losing revenue in the first place.

Thanks for the reminder.

May 8, 2009
  9. niktim3

niktim3 Member

I went to our PO today and got the last 3 books of Forever stamps!!
    Wish I thought of it earlier!!!

May 8, 2009
  10. BlessedWifeMommy

Don't get me started about postcard stamps. I can't buy them here without going into the postoffice. Or spend an extra dollar to have them mail them to me. I needed some the other day, and couldn't buy them because the post office was closed and they don't sell them in the lobby machine anymore!

11. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Our PO took out their machines and now have the automated postal centers. No postcards stamps there either!

May 8, 2009
  12. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Thanks Holly. I almost forgot about the price change.

13. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My small town doesn't even have a lobby machine!! We have to actually talk to someone.. Which is a pain since the hours vary!!

I stocked up on my Forever Stamps!

May 8, 2009
  14. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Same Here! So frustrating. I hope the new postcards stamps are as cute as this past years though. I LOVED the fruit theme.:love:

May 8, 2009
  15. etteluap70PC

Me too!!! :thumbup:

Way better than the cougar :yuck:

16. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

If you use Click n Ship online you can mail your priority package for 15 cents less- $4.80. It's really easy to do and saves you a trip to the Post Office. If the label is printed with the scan bar it can be dropped in a mail box, rather than given to an actual mailperson.

17. ChefBeckyD

It's the little things, Paulette. :D

May 8, 2009
  18. etteluap70PC

yes that is handy but being on dial up it takes me like 20 minutes!!!

I drive by the PO at least once a day so I just go in.

Isn't it silly Becky... I was in heaven when I saw those fruit postcard stamps! I thought Ohhh a food theme How lucky!!!

19. ChefBeckyD

LOL - that way my thought exactly...I think I may have even come to CS to post about my excitement over them!

May 8, 2009
  20. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I bought 200 Forever stamps at Costco. They are cheaper there, too!

May 8, 2009
  21. BlessedWifeMommy

22. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I know the increases are frustrating. I hate paying more, too. But, think about it. For only $0.44 i can send a letter to anywhere in the contiguous United States and be fairly certain that it will arrive within a week. That's amazing.

And, remember, the USPS does have competition. It's email, faxes, FedEx, UPS, etc.

Your local post office can provide you with materials to make figuring out your postage easier. They have templates that make it easy to determine whether or not you can use standard postage rates. USPS.com is amazing. I send most of my host kits and returns via the website, as well as the goodie boxes I send to my baby boy.

Of course, I'm blessed to have the best Postmaster in the United States just 3 1/2 miles down the road in Mexico. She's helpful and friendly.

May 9, 2009
  23. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

I just went to usps.com the Simpsons are on the new stamp?:yuck: I'm not impressed.

May 9, 2009
  24. pattikake

pattikake Member

Oh man I love the Simpsons !!

May 9, 2009
  25. BlessedWifeMommy

I'm glad they have forever stamps! :)

26. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

simpsons...as in that nasty cartoon? That will look so nice on my Christian cards I send out. Yuck! I am glad there will be different ones to choose from.

May 10, 2009
  27. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I agree! No way will I stick a Simpsons stamp on any of my mail. People who know me would think I had lost my mind. LOL

Have something to add?