• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Anyone Using This Service? How Is It? Hidden Costs? I Just

In summary, the conversation revolved around various options for mailing and printing postage, including the use of Stamps.com and USPS.com. Some participants found these services to be convenient and cost-effective, while others preferred to use regular copy paper and arrange for package pickups through USPS.com. It was also mentioned that investing in a good postal scale could be a helpful alternative to using these services.
pkd09
Silver Member
Is anyone using this service? How is it? Hidden costs?

I just received in the mail a special offer from them. Try them for 4 weeks with no risk and no upfront costs. They will even give me FREE postage during my trial period ($45), a free digital USB scale and $5 in supplies.

I feel I am driving to the post office almost daily sometimes.

Re: Stamps.comI signed up for them a while ago, and while I no longer use the service, I still use my scale! If you feel you are using a lot of postage and at the post office a lot, it might be worth it, but you can do the same stuff on USPS.com. I stock up on Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes and boxes, and then go to USPS.com and create and print labels directly from there. I use the scale to weigh the boxes/envelopes so I can calculate the correct shipping price, but other than that, everything else can be done on the website. They even offer discounted prices for doing Priority Mail online, and you get delivery confirmation for free. I use the Flat Rate envelopes for all of my host packets, so that's what I use most often. If you can find a good postal scale somewhere, you might just want to invest in that. Oh, and you can request a pickup, so you don't have to leave your house - just leave it on the front porch or in your mailbox and the mailman will pick it up when he comes to deliver your mail. I think this is just for Priority Mail items, but might be for other types. I think you can even order books or rolls of stamps online, too. Hope that helps!

Re: Stamps.comI use Stamps.com and love it. Other than the montly service fee the only other thing I pay for is the paper to print my stamps on and the postage itself. You get a discount on Priority Mail pacakges as well. I am very happy with the service.

Re: Stamps.comI use Endicia.com... $9.95 a month and you can print the postage out on regular copy paper and glue it to the envelope. It keeps up with who you mailed to and also you can print out your total amount spent at the end of the year for taxes.

Re: Stamps.comI'm like Cathy, I use USPS.com. Why pay for something that you can get for free?! All of these convenience companies that do things for us have monthly fees. All that adds up and ends up taking away from my income, so I'm really trimming down on things. My host packets I send in the Flat Rate envelopes. I print out the label online (on regular copy paper and then I tape it on) and it's cheaper than at the post office, plus you get complimentary Delivery Confirmation. I save gas and money that way. I go to the Post Office though when I'm mailing show receipts or lighter weight things locally, because it's cheaper than the flat rate envelopes. I always tell them to send it the cheapest way and they help make that happen. While I'm there, I pick up the free Flat Rate envelopes so I have those on hand at home for future host packets.

Re: Stamps.comI LOVE usps.com. You can even arrange for package pickup if you're willing to wait until the next day. You save if you print the postage at home, which can be done on regular copy paper. And, there's no additional cost at all.

Re: Stamps.com
cathyskitchen said:
I signed up for them a while ago, and while I no longer use the service, I still use my scale! If you feel you are using a lot of postage and at the post office a lot, it might be worth it, but you can do the same stuff on USPS.com. I stock up on Priority Mail Flat Rate envelopes and boxes, and then go to USPS.com and create and print labels directly from there. I use the scale to weigh the boxes/envelopes so I can calculate the correct shipping price, but other than that, everything else can be done on the website. They even offer discounted prices for doing Priority Mail online, and you get delivery confirmation for free. I use the Flat Rate envelopes for all of my host packets, so that's what I use most often. If you can find a good postal scale somewhere, you might just want to invest in that. Oh, and you can request a pickup, so you don't have to leave your house - just leave it on the front porch or in your mailbox and the mailman will pick it up when he comes to deliver your mail. I think this is just for Priority Mail items, but might be for other types. I think you can even order books or rolls of stamps online, too. Hope that helps!
usps.com and a postal scale (which can be purchased at any office supply store) are all you need. I keep a variety of stamp denominations on hand for things that are heavier than 1 oz and mail all host packets via Flat Rate envelopes with labels printed on usps.com.

Re: Stamps.comI should clarify that with Stamps.com you can print directly onto envelopes and the Priority Mail labels on regular paper. You need the special paper you have to purchase for actual stamps. Since I send the invites for my host, the receipts, etc. I use this paper. I know I have to pay a fee for this service but I was spending way too much time going to the Post Office for stamps, it would never fail that I would think I had plenty of stamps to only find out that I didn't. You can also get the Stamps.com service for $9.95 a month, you just have to call and ask.

Is Anyone Using This Service?

Yes, many people use Pampered Chef for their kitchen and cooking needs. It is a popular direct sales company that has been in business for over 40 years.

How Is It?

The overall satisfaction with Pampered Chef varies among customers. Some people love the products and the convenience of ordering through a consultant, while others may not find the products to be worth the price. It ultimately depends on personal preference and experience.

Hidden Costs?

No, there are no hidden costs associated with using Pampered Chef. The prices for products are clearly listed and there are no additional fees for using the service through a consultant.

I Just

I just what? If you have a specific question or concern, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Our consultants are trained to answer any questions you may have about our products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered-princess
  • Karen Weber