• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Portable Gaming System - Faves?

Well the DS does have a lot more educational games, but my kids also like to play games like Spiderman 3, Sonic Adventure 2, and Kingdom Hearts. So it's a pretty even match.DS all the way! You can't go wrong with a DS. My kids have one and they love it.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I'm thinking about getting my son a Nintendo DS to keep him occupied on the long flight to China next month. Would you recommend the Nintendo DS or another one? I know nothing about these things so any advice is appreciated.

My kids just trade their gameboy advances for DSs. The DS is way more interactive and it will play the older games too. I don't remember how long the battery last tho.

DS all the way!

My boys love their DS's but my 8 yr old loves his PSP more. The good thing is the DS will play game boy advance games and Ds games.

The PSP has superior graphics but not many game titles. He NDS has far more titles available.The DSlite is thin and lightweight, the new DS allows downloading games.

My DH just got a DS and DSi for the two older boy's for Christmas. The best thing was it only cost $60 for both. He researched what handheld would be best for them and that is what he picked.

My oldest DS has a gameboy and still plays with it, I am sure he will be excited about the DSi he is getting. It has a digital camera, internet access and more features, that I can't remember. ;)

DS all the way - all 3 of my kids have one and they love them! We took a long trip to South Dakota from Illinois a couple of summers ago and you would have barely known the kids were even in the car (they were that quiet) and we were in the car some days for a 9 hour stretch. And they are very easy to use.

I'd go with the DS lite or DSi. My kids have had a DS for a while and it has gotten old enough that the battery is not holding a charge for very long. When I asked about buying a new battery for it I was told that the DS was being phased out and therefore they weren't "supporting it anymore". My kids were happy because they got upgraded to a DS lite.

We have both DS and PSP - Linda, your son is little, not sure how "responsible " he is but the PSP is very advanced compared to the DS, hence more fragile.... I would recommend the DS for you little man and let him get a PSP when he is older. Most kids his age have the DS or will be getting one - its more durable then PSP and the games are great and (some educational and fun!) Good luck!

PamperedDor said:
We have both DS and PSP - Linda, your son is little, not sure how "responsible " he is but the PSP is very advanced compared to the DS, hence more fragile.... I would recommend the DS for you little man and let him get a PSP when he is older. Most kids his age have the DS or will be getting one - its more durable then PSP and the games are great and (some educational and fun!) Good luck!

Well said Dor! I couldn't agree more!

Oh Linda, my 6 yo and 4 yo has the DS and now my 8 yo wants to buy one as well. OF course this was before the new DSi!

Thanks ya'll! I decided on the DS (not sure yet which DS yet). My neighbor told me that they also have great brain games for adults too and that I should pick up a game for myself while I'm at it.

Get the Crossword puzzle game! you'll be hooked!

cwinter474 said:
Get the Crossword puzzle game! you'll be hooked!

I love crosswords!

Doesn't the DS have more educational games than the PSP, too? That's a huge plus, in my book.

1. What is a "Portable Gaming System"?

A portable gaming system is a handheld device that allows you to play video games on the go. It usually has a small screen and built-in controls, making it convenient to use while traveling or away from a traditional gaming setup.

2. What are the benefits of owning a portable gaming system?

A portable gaming system allows you to play your favorite video games wherever you are, without the need for a TV or console. It is also great for long trips or commutes, as it provides entertainment and helps pass the time. Additionally, many portable gaming systems offer a wide variety of games to choose from, making it a versatile and convenient option for gaming on the go.

3. Can I connect a portable gaming system to a TV or other external screen?

Some portable gaming systems have the capability to connect to a TV or monitor, allowing you to play on a larger screen. However, this feature may vary depending on the specific system and may require additional cables or adapters.

4. How long does the battery last on a portable gaming system?

The battery life of a portable gaming system can vary depending on usage and the specific model. On average, most portable gaming systems have a battery life of 3-5 hours, but some may last longer or shorter depending on the games being played and screen brightness.

5. Are there any parental controls on portable gaming systems?

Yes, many portable gaming systems offer parental control options that allow you to set restrictions on content, screen time, and online interactions. These features can help parents monitor and manage their children's gaming habits and ensure they are playing age-appropriate games.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy