1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Portable Gaming System - faves?

1. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I'm thinking about getting my son a Nintendo DS to keep him occupied on the long flight to China next month. Would you recommend the Nintendo DS or another one? I know nothing about these things so any advice is appreciated.

2. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

My kids just trade their gameboy advances for DSs. The DS is way more interactive and it will play the older games too. I don't remember how long the battery last tho.

Jun 9, 2009
  3. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

DS all the way!

Jun 9, 2009
  4. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

My boys love their DS's but my 8 yr old loves his PSP more. The good thing is the DS will play game boy advance games and Ds games.

Jun 9, 2009
  5. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

The PSP has superior graphics but not many game titles. He NDS has far more titles available.

The DSlite is thin and lightweight, the new DS allows downloading games.

6. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

My DH just got a DS and DSi for the two older boy's for Christmas. The best thing was it only cost $60 for both. He researched what handheld would be best for them and that is what he picked.

My oldest DS has a gameboy and still plays with it, I am sure he will be excited about the DSi he is getting. It has a digital camera, internet access and more features, that I can't remember. ;)

Jun 9, 2009
  7. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

DS all the way - all 3 of my kids have one and they love them! We took a long trip to South Dakota from Illinois a couple of summers ago and you would have barely known the kids were even in the car (they were that quiet) and we were in the car some days for a 9 hour stretch. And they are very easy to use.

Jun 9, 2009
  8. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

I'd go with the DS lite or DSi. My kids have had a DS for a while and it has gotten old enough that the battery is not holding a charge for very long. When I asked about buying a new battery for it I was told that the DS was being phased out and therefore they weren't "supporting it anymore". My kids were happy because they got upgraded to a DS lite.

Jun 10, 2009
  9. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

We have both DS and PSP - Linda, your son is little, not sure how "responsible " he is but the PSP is very advanced compared to the DS, hence more fragile.... I would recommend the DS for you little man and let him get a PSP when he is older. Most kids his age have the DS or will be getting one - its more durable then PSP and the games are great and (some educational and fun!) Good luck!

Jun 10, 2009
  10. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

Well said Dor! I couldn't agree more!

Oh Linda, my 6 yo and 4 yo has the DS and now my 8 yo wants to buy one as well. OF course this was before the new DSi!

Jun 10, 2009
  11. pamperedlinda

Thanks ya'll! I decided on the DS (not sure yet which DS yet). My neighbor told me that they also have great brain games for adults too and that I should pick up a game for myself while I'm at it.

12. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Get the Crossword puzzle game! you'll be hooked!

Jun 10, 2009
  13. pamperedlinda

I love crosswords!

14. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Doesn't the DS have more educational games than the PSP, too? That's a huge plus, in my book.

Jun 10, 2009
Have something to add?