• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pork Tenderloin/ Chicken and Citrus Salad

In summary, the recommended cooking time for pork tenderloin is 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken can be substituted for pork tenderloin in the recipe, but the cooking time should be adjusted and a meat thermometer should be used to ensure safe consumption. To marinate the pork tenderloin, mix desired ingredients and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The citrus salad can be made ahead of time, but should be dressed right before serving. Recommended side dishes to serve with this dish include roasted vegetables, rice, or quinoa, as well as fresh bread or rolls to soak up extra dressing from the salad.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I made this the other night for dinner..... I made the kid friendly verison..... well I then the serrano pepper that I had was supper duper hot that my DH wasnt' able to eat it..... And I making it for a show tonight... does anyone have any suggestions what kinda peper I could use that isnt' so hot... I thought about using a bell pepper but I am not sure if that would taste right or not!!

Use the core & more to remove as much of the seeds and veins (white stuff) as possible. That should tame it down a little.

Or just use less.

I was using a paring knife to get the seeds out.. blond moment I didnt' think about using the core and more to remove them too.... I will take any other suggestions.. My DH said use a Jappino (sp) rather than the Serrano....hmmm not sure I am not a pepper person at all....

Watch the new DVD where Chef Chris demos the Core & More. He uses it on peppers to get the veins and seeds out.

A jalepeno is milder than a serrano. I would suggest a pablano, a bit spicier than a bell pepper, but still really mild. They kind of look like small bell peppers.

I dont' know how hot my host and her guest like their food so I want to make it where they can eat it.

Related to Pork Tenderloin/ Chicken and Citrus Salad

1. What is the recommended cooking time for pork tenderloin?

The recommended cooking time for pork tenderloin varies depending on the size and thickness of the cut. However, as a general rule, it should be cooked for 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit for safe consumption.

2. Can I substitute chicken for pork tenderloin in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute chicken for pork tenderloin in this recipe. Simply adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken typically takes longer to cook than pork. It is also important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. How do I marinate the pork tenderloin for this recipe?

To marinate the pork tenderloin, simply mix together your desired marinade ingredients (such as herbs, spices, and oil) in a large plastic bag or shallow dish. Add the pork tenderloin and make sure it is fully coated in the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours, before cooking.

4. Can I make the citrus salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the citrus salad ahead of time. However, it is best to dress the salad right before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy. You can also prep the individual ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad just before serving.

5. What are some recommended side dishes to serve with this pork tenderloin and citrus salad?

Some recommended side dishes to serve with this dish include roasted vegetables, rice, or quinoa. You can also pair it with a fresh bread or rolls to soak up any extra dressing from the salad. The options are endless, so feel free to get creative with your sides!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kdawn1124