• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll: TPampered Chef Authorized Vendors

In summary, some consultants feel that we should quanitfy exactly how Cheffers feel about our limited choice of authoized vendors. It is multiple choice because it will ask you who is your favorite vendor, which one(s) you buy from, which one(s) you would never buy from and the ubiquitous "Other" and you better explain that answer.

Who is your favorite/least favorite TPC Authorized Vendor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
From the discussions on the VIP and Merrill threads, it seems like we need to quanitfy exactly how Cheffers feel about our limited choice of authoized vendors.This is not a choose-one-only kind of poll, it is multiple choice because it will ask you who is your favorite vendor, which one(s) you buy from, which one(s) you would never buy from and the ubiquitous "Other" and you better explain that answer. Check your favorite vendor and maker the appropriate choices on your buying decisions.OH! One more thing...The poll is open through Oct 31, 2006 so if you jumped in late, feel free to vote and post your comments. Someone bump this thread if it falls too far down and I don't happen to notice.

Last edited:
I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm ready...Where's the poll? HUH?!?!? *&^%(&^%&*I say "often" because I have bought from all three, but don't LOVE any of them.

Last edited:
I buy from Nancy's, because she is SO sweet (so is her office staff) and I think she deserves our business because she keeps her prices very low and heartfelt products. She truly listens to us consultants and constantly throws in free goodies for being her customer.
Merrill and VIP are too expensive. I buy from them when I *need* something, but I don't like it. I feel like they have the monopoly and that makes me even madder at their prices.
That said, I'm happy that there is *someone* able to make us professional looking items, but in a perfect world, it'd be at about 1/3 of the cost. ;)

I bought my stamper and business cards from merrill because... well it was easy. I've bought from Nancy's also. I like Nancy's stuff better but it is not something I can spend money on right at the start of my business.

I'm not crazy about Merrill, although some things are ok--like the banner--very nice for the price. VIP I have bought from in the past, but not impressed with alot of the current stuff. probably won't buy for awhile from them

Nancy's I used to like alot, but even they have cut way back on some of the postcards and stickers. But I'll probably still buy from them because I still like some of their postcards.

I agree the prices are a bit high for merrill and vip. thankfully it isn't anything that I NEED for my bus--just wish list stuff.

on the other hand, I really like that office depot is a participating vendor. its so nice to place an order and have it the next day and not have to fight traffic! and getting the discount on things at the store is a bonus too!

I like Nancy's. I have put the stickers etc. to good use so far. All I bought from Merrill is the bank bag...I think they are too pricey. And never bought from VIP, again, pricey!

I use to buy from Town and Country- they seemed to have a bigger selection of them all! Now I shop at Merrill and Nancys for a few things. Never bought anything from VIP.

I buy from all three occasionally, Nancy's is the cheapest and her shipping is ultra fast. I have made purchases at Merril and VIP but I think they are a little spendy for me.

Pampered Laura said:
I buy from Nancy's, because she is SO sweet (so is her office staff) and I think she deserves our business because she keeps her prices very low and heartfelt products. She truly listens to us consultants and constantly throws in free goodies for being her customer.
Merrill and VIP are too expensive. I buy from them when I *need* something, but I don't like it. I feel like they have the monopoly and that makes me even madder at their prices.
That said, I'm happy that there is *someone* able to make us professional looking items, but in a perfect world, it'd be at about 1/3 of the cost. ;)

Laura said exactly what I feel!

Ditto!
KellyTheChef said:
Laura said exactly what I feel!

I too feel this way!

The only vendor I have used so far is VIP, but not because I like them better. I only did it because I needed clothes!! I would, however, buy all my supplies from Nancy after hearing all the wonderful things about her. I'm big on "word of mouth", so that is who I would go for without a doubt!

Nancy gets the bulk of my business - there is a feeling there that she is in partnership with us, not just trying to make a buck.(or 10 or 20 as is the case with Merrill & VIP) I won't say that I will NEVER purchase from them - because if they have a really good sale on something I would really like - I'll probably order it then! ;)

I have bought things from all three; but after meeting Nancy at conference & seeing how genuinely nice she is, I will buy from her more. The other 2 are way too expensive; I'll shop from Merrill occasionally -I do like their biz cards better. VIP-I watch for their sales:)

I think VIP and Merrill is too expensive. It is like they are taking advantage of us because we can't get their items anywhere else.

I purchased the logo pack from Nancy's at conference and I really like it. I also ordered the business cards to make my own (no time yet to do this).
I purchased shirts at conference from vip which i really like. I haven't ordered from merrill and probably won't due to high prices.
Teresa

ImhoI went and looked at the VIP site for the denim TPC logo shirt and it is, well, not exactly competitive in price but nominal in the marketplace. $28 is not greatly out of line - I paid $22 for a short-sleeve logo denim shirt over the weekend, but that was for charity. The long-sleeve at that same event was $25.

I still wish they had a Lands' End Squall jacket with a logo. That would be worth the 60 bucks they'd have to charge for it.

I also miss the sweatshirts - now that I'm ready to buy one.

Nancy is a real sweetheart and I like to buy from her, too, for the next-door-neighbor kind of treatment you get from her. They messed up an order of mine and Nancy called me herself to apologize and she made it more than right. I love her for that alone!

Merrill has some nice products but to me, they're just a little too, um, slick looking. We're all entreprnuers and not Fortune 500 CEO's.

There is a wonderful un-authorized vendor out there, too, called Directly From the Heart. The website is http://www.stickingtobusiness.com and even though Valerie doesn't have the logo, she has enough in her stickers and logos that TPC is no secret. She has a wonderful selection of pink ribbon stickers and other notes, pads and stickers that I really like, and use, in my business.

Just a Saturday morning bump-a-roonie!

I have ordered from Directly from the heart. I like their stickers. I also ordered a stamp set from stampin up that has some really cute stuff. They have several chef type things, but I ordered an invitation/gift tag stamp set. They say "Call anytime to place an order", "get paid for having fun, ask me how", "Don't miss this", "A gift for you", "Book your girls night out with me", "Bring a friend - or two", and "pick a date and pick a prize". Each stamp has a cute picture. I haven't had a chance to play around with them, but I think they will draw attention. You are right, probably $28 is not too expensive for a hoodie, but after shipping and tax it will be close to $40, and while shipping charges are not their fault, I can't bring myself to spend $40 on a sweatshirt. However, I did pay $25 for one with my local team name on it...it was a fundraiser.

I bought something from Nancy and got a sun shade for my car free. It was hilarious because it was February in Alaska!

I LOVE the VIP shirts and like what they do for my business, but the prices are outrageous. I would like to see another clothing vendor so they had to compete some.

I like Merrill for the logo, but again it would be nice if someone else was allowed to use our logo. I think my stamp and business cards are more professional with the PC logo on them.

I have bought from VIP but I find their clothing runs WAY huge and they don't make anything small enough for me (and I am not THAT small...I normally wear a women's size 2 or a Juniors 0). I am also not impressed with their quality or their not-so-stylish choices.

I like Merrill's business cards -- but they're pricey. The stamper is WAY too tiny - people can't even read the font....the car magnets - also font is too tiny. I like their IDEAS but they need to tweak things a bit.

Nancy's is good - the staff is SO friendly but I am afraid the "look" of their stuff is going the way of the "old" Pampered Chef style and does not follow well with the new "Discover the Chef in You" look. It's outdated. And I hate to say anything negative about Nancy's because they are SO wonderful there...but they need to catch up with the current styles.

JMHO

I too was going to mention sticking to business, but didn't since it wasn't a choice:rolleyes: I love their stickers; that's where I get all mine. They also have some nice postcards.
I do agree with Carolyn....I wish Nancy's would change their look a little to go with our "new" look. I like the new stationary they have; they could expand on that look a little I think. Merrill's looks professional.
(and what do you mean you're not THAT small Carolyn? size 2 is tiny where I come from! you lucky gal:) )

Nancy, Nancy is the bestI love to decorate my host packet with the stickers from her, they are cute and get the point across! I also love that this month by spending $30 that you get a pack of three stamps for free. I have been wanting to buy stamps but it wasent a necessity!
VIP, and MERRIL are evil, money hungry non caring jerks! :D
I will never buy from them, i had my boyfriends mom make me a very cute denim zipper money bag with a cute charm on it and flower print inside. Very sturdy and free!
- and coordinating with my apron~

I really couldn't answer the poll as I've bought from each vendor only once. I can't say that any are my favorite and I wish that all three had more and better options.

Nancy's - I've bought from once. I like some of their stuff, but I agree with some of the other posters that they need to update their style. I think a lot of their stuff has the 'country' type theme (that PC used to have a lot of), but it's not really my personal style. I do think that Nancy's has the most reasonable prices though.

Merrill - I bought from them at conference. I'm not crazy about their business cards and probably won't ever buy them unless they add better styles and other print/information options. I did buy some of their stationary products (note cards, note pads, post-its) at conference. The price was a little higher than I would have liked, but since I didn't have to pay shipping I was okay with it.

VIP - I think that their sizing is way too irregular! I tried on ALL of their samples at conference and found that everything they had varied in size. Depending on the style, I either wore a Small, Medium, or Large (I'm a petite size 8) - which is another thing, I'd like to see vendors carry some petite sizes. Most everything is way too long for me (I'm 5 feet tall). I also think that their quality is lacking for the prices that they charge. On a positive note.....I absolutely LOVE my Pampered Chef flip-flops that I bought at conference - way too cute! I'd really like a fleece zipper style jacket and a sweat shirt with just the Pampered Chef logo, none of the other stuff on it.

So, do you all think that the vendors have spies and are reading this? I hope so!

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
So, do you all think that the vendors have spies and are reading this? I hope so!
If they don't, they're going to get the entire thread in a PDF anyway after the poll closes on Oct 31. They ALL need to read this. (When you screw up, wouldn't you rather have your customer tell YOU than tell the rest of the world?)

I did leave Sticking to Business off the poll since Valerie is not an authorized vendor, but it seems like everyone knows about her, anyway.

The choices in the poll were limited to keep it simple.

Nancy's: While the some of the styles aren't me, I think they may be my customer's taste. I use the post cards, but haven't gotten anything free. Hmmm... I use the stickers, too. I do see them updating their style a bit.

VIP: The sizes ARE weird. I wear a XXL. I could probably wear an XL, but my boobs get in the way, and I like things a little loose--not sloppy, just a little loose. I've bought shirts ALL marked the same, but fitting VERY different. I've worked in the fashion industry, so I understand things have a different cut. But good grief. One thing looks five sizes too big and one would be great if I was a hooker.

Merrill: I feel the prices are high, and that we should get more for what we pay. I do like the quality and I think everything looks great, but I would like more promotional items--PRICED ACCORDINGLY. $2 per pen for giveaways is nuts. The service there is very good, but I've only called once. Although, things take FOREVER for me to get.

Towne & Country: What can I say? I miss them, they had a great variety.

Stickingtobusiness: One of my faves. Use them A LOT!
The booster: Same as above!

I wish there were MORE vendors... More CHEAP promotional things, clothing that fits, and clothes that you can get dirty doing shows that won't be ruined forever, more durable.

And, KG, I think you should send this to HO, as well.

AJPratt said:
VIP: The sizes ARE weird. I wear a XXL. I could probably wear an XL, but my boobs get in the way, and I like things a little loose--not sloppy, just a little loose. I've bought shirts ALL marked the same, but fitting VERY different. I've worked in the fashion industry, so I understand things have a different cut. But good grief. One thing looks five sizes too big and one would be great if I was a hooker.

I know which shirt I'd recommend you wear to a couples' show. ;)

AJPratt said:
And, KG, I think you should send this to HO, as well.
I intend to.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I know which shirt I'd recommend you wear to a couples' show. ;)

I think it would be better for a singles show. LOL

Depends who and what kind of singles they are.

KG & Anne you are just tooo funny. I know if I see you both posting that I should NOT have anything in my mouth while reading the thread.

Monday Morning Bump-A-Roonie. :D

This poll is open until Oct 31, so post your poll choices and make your comments. This thread will be passed along to the three vendors and to HO.

tlennhoff said:
KG & Anne you are just tooo funny. I know if I see you both posting that I should NOT have anything in my mouth while reading the thread.
He started it~

Yeah, but you set me up. I just CAN'T resist a good straight line!

OK, I haven't purchased anything from Merrill because for my VERY TINY budget they are way overpriced, even though I do like a few of their things, could be more of a variety.

Nancy's I had tried to order from there before but it didn't go through because they don't take Debit Cards, UGHH!!! I was really looking forward to it. I just can't get myself to get another credit card just to purchase things when almost everywhere takes debit cards any more. I would really LOVE to order some things from her though. I have heard so many good things from there and there are lots of things that I want. POUT. I am just not patient enough to send in a check with my order.

VIP, I ordered from them a couple of times only Clearance items because they are a bit out of my budget also, besides the fact that I had gotten 2 previously used shirts and they were 2 different sizes and they both fit, just a bit more snug than I would like and the HWC shirt that I have is even more snug than I would like but the size I ordered is 2 sizes bigger than the other 2! I also purchased some things at NC last year when they had their bins filled with stuff, I was SO looking forward to that this year, I had brought extra $$ just for that reason, I was so disappointed.

Pssst - Nancy will take a debit card.

AJPratt said:
He started it~
Only because I haven't been able to get on for a few days I wouldn't have resisted that one either, lol.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Pssst - Nancy will take a debit card.
Since When????? The last time I tried to order from her she called me about it and they didn't take debit cards so I hadn't even tried since then, and I asked at NC and they said they didn't take DC's! KG if you know something I don't you better spill.....

[shrug] She took mine. I didn't tell her it was a debit card, just said I had a Visa and rattled off the number.[/shrug]I will BET what she meant is that she can't take the Pampered Chef debit card. That is because TPC Debit Card is propriatary to TPC. If you don't have a regular check card for that account, call your bank and get one. They are treated just like a regular credit card. Check Cards can be a problem at certain hotels and you don't want to use one for renting a car, because the vendors tend to extract huge credits to cover themselves in case you run off with the car - and that is often more than your balance. That kind of transaction can ruin your whole day.

Well I tried to use my regular banking debit/atm/check card whatever you want to call it, and it didn't go through but I wasn't in town after I had placed the order for a while so I just said forget it. So then when I wanted to order again I emailed and asked them about it and they said they didn't take debit cards. HMMM. Maybe I will have to email again and ask Again.

Don't ask. Just tell them you have a Visa or MasterCard, whatever it says on the face. ;)

DZmom said:
I too feel this way!
I feel with my fingers.

(This is just a bump for those who haven't voted in the poll yet.)

I wouldn't say "favorite" but I have purchased from all of them. They each have their own nitch. Nancy's is great for the everyday stuff with great prices, VIP for clothing but sometimes pricey, Merrill is high quality yet pricey on some things. I do wish all of them sold more at conference. That way we save on shipping. I think shipping with VIP and Merrill is high. I watch the close-out items for better deals.

I have used my debit card to order Nancy's. But, it is a Visa card. I just clicked Visa, typed the number and expiration date and it went through. When I use it at WalMart it always goes through as a credit card and not debit...same at a restaurant and our local Sharpes store. I am not sure why, but many times it won't work if I put it in as a debit card, but put it in as a credit card and it works every time. It still just automatically withdraws from my bank account. I only recently started using a debit card. I got it to use when I purchase things online or if I don't want to go inside at the gas station.

Shawnna, I believ that has something to do with security but you would have to ask your provider. I have experienced the same thing myself.

I think they are all expensive but have very professional quality. My biggest complaint with Merrill is that the print is too small - esp. the consultant name on the stamp and no catalog; with VIP is that sizing is unpredictable - glad they bring sample to conferences so we can try them on!; with Nancy's is that a lot of their things are generic (don't have PC available on all things).

My problem is I look at their websites or catalogs and I get sucked in and spend way too much. Then I forget to use the cards, etc. that I buy.

Bump bumpity bump bump.
Bump! Bump!C'mon everyone, vote and give us your comments! This poll is open until Oct 31!

I agree pretty much a little with everyone!

I love Nancy, because it's Nancy! I too met her at conf. and it was nice to actually meet her. I believe that she truly does take care of us and that is great. I do however, agree that the things could be updated a little. I wouldnt mind paying a little more for something more modernized. I like the new sandstone stuff alright, but I don't love it. I got the logo pack at conf. and I LOVE that.

Merrill-screwed me over once, and so I won't ever buy from them again. When I ordered my biz cards they sent them to me, and receive was spelled wrong. I had doulbe checked, printed the page and all. So I got them and then called them. They said oh sorry it is your resp. to make sure there were no errors. I said I did, they said prove it please. What kind of a thing is that to say? ugh. so i fax it to them. they say oh ok fine, we will give you a credit to use for $20 dollars. WHAT? I spent over $45, and they are not gonna give me a whole new order? UGH! whatever. won't ever buy from them again. Plus I think they are a money hungry corporation, and could care less about us in the pc world, so long as they make a buck.

VIP-I like some of their things, but I just don't think spending that much for a shirt is ok. I did buy one at conf. I must say that I do like it, but I only spent $15 for it. But I know they have to make money, I just wish they would quit trying to make soo much off of us.

Sorry way longer than I intended! LOL! :eek:

Jennifer Davis!!! You are such a little hottie!! Why have you been hiding behind the avatar of your boys??

VIP--I agree with other posters about the sizing. Being a bit of a larger person I feel like the sizing runs small. I've bought a few shirts from them I couldn't even squeeze the sisters into, let alone wear to a party. Sizing and price are the 2 things keeping me from ordering more from them.

Merrill--I recently bought the stamp and business cards. I think they are okay, but agree about the font size. My stamp is really small now. I really liked T&C stamp. There was almost no drying time. I could stamp and go. AND I didn't have to include my address just to fill it out. I don't like having my address on my business cards and stamp. I thought it would look too weird to not have it though.

Nancy's--I have bought from her several times. I LOVE the stickers. My debit card has issues when I use it with them. They always have to call me. It never goes through for whatever reason. I don't tell them it is debit I do like KG. Oh well, I feel responsible for them refusing to take Debit cards. Sorry guys!

I love wearing logo clothing because people really do notice it, but I think I am done with VIP. The pricing is crazy and they are not responsive to customers. I sent an email to someone and NEVER got a response back, not even to say that they received my email. I guess they were too busy counting all of our money!

Last edited:
Do you know I have not bought from any of these vendors. I don't buy postcards to send. I make phone calls. Its cheaper. :) I got a free stamp from vistaprints as well as free business cards. So I've really not bought much extra for my busniess. I guess I just keep things really simple. I do buy alot of supplies from pampered chef but that goes without saying. :p One of these days I do need to break down and buy a shirt with the PC logo on it.

gilliandanielle said:
Jennifer Davis!!! You are such a little hottie!! Why have you been hiding behind the avatar of your boys??

You should meet her in person, she's really so much prettier than her photo! I met her at conference and didn't recognize her from here until I saw her chefsuccess sticker on her name badge while we were waiting for our HO tour. Jennifer has a great personality and we had a fun time palling around most of the day (at least I did).

Ahhh, thanks gals. I hadn't been hiding I just hadn't found many pics of myself, don't like the camera too much, and this one isn't the best pic either, but I just got these pics back and I always get my pics on cd now so I just popped it in and cropped it on here, I posted a pic of the whole family under photos from the wedding also.

And Linda, I had fun also. It was really cool to get to meet a few people from this board, it made it so much more exciting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lcucinella